Titans get Clowney on 1 year, 15 mil deal *Updated

Virgil

6 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Yeah, having Murphy lead the team in snaps at DE definitely hurt the league’s #2 scoring defense last year...

...wait...

Never mind, it didn’t hurt. Actually, it probably helped. That’s probably why the HC and DC of one of the best defenses in the game decided to keep him at what is not close to a big contract for a DE.

He is a bum,  3 sacks in 15 games and then gets 2 sacks in last game of season.  Once he is finished this season,  he will be out of the league.  About 6 mill overpaid

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, brianthomas said:

Cleveland offered him close to $20 Mill, depending on who's information you trust.

But Clowney said money wasn't the only condition, term obviously was important to him, but he wanted to go to a contender.

I'm not gonna believe anything about a signing until I see it confirmed.

saints offered to have him signed by another team with more space and then trade a pick. Speculation it was the browns 

16 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

He is a bum,  3 sacks in 15 games and then gets 2 sacks in last game of season.  Once he is finished this season,  he will be out of the league.  About 6 mill overpaid

and 2 in the playoff game

Edited by Aussie Joe

19 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Pop quiz: 

Which 2019 Bills, DE...

Finished 3rd on the team in sacks?

Lead all DLmen in FFs?

Lead all DLmen in FRs?

Lead all DEs in solo tackles?

Finished 3rd on the team in QB hits?

Finished 2nd on the team in QB hurries?

Finished 3rd on the team in QB pressures?

Had 2 sacks on DeShaun Watson in the playoffs?

Oh, and since you brought up his salary, Murphy is the 33rd highest paid DE in the NFL. He makes less than guys like Carl Nassib and Henry Anderson. Methinks your salary barometer could use an adjustment.

Edited by thebandit27
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Pop quiz: 

Which 2019 Bills, DE...

Lead all DLmen in FFs?

Lead all DLmen in FRs?

Oh, and since you brought up his salary, Murphy is the 33rd highest paid DE in the NFL. He makes less than guys like Carl Nassib and Henry Anderson. Methinks your salary barometer could use an adjustment.

Plus I think there is additional upside being another year removed from his injury.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Pop quiz: 

Which 2019 Bills, DE...

Lead all DLmen in FFs?

Lead all DLmen in FRs?

3 sacks in 15 games,  last game was garbage time sacks.  If you think he is good,  that is your opinion and your right.  I think he is trash and will be out the league after this season

8 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Titans look to be a very tough team. Very well coached and lots of depth.  Tanny needs to stay healthy and they are an afc title contender 

I see them having some issues but they are a tough team even tougher adding Clowney. But I just don't see them winning anything with that QB situation. 

9 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Titans look to be a very tough team. Very well coached and lots of depth.  Tanny needs to stay healthy and they are an afc title contender 

I believe the offensive player who needs to stay healthy would be Derrick Henry?

Titans 31 for passing attempts, 10 for rush attempts last season

<100 pass yards, >200 rush yards in their two playoff wins tells the tale I think.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

3 sacks in 15 games,  last game was garbage time sacks.  If you think he is good,  that is your opinion and your right.  I think he is trash and will be out the league after this season

How many sacks did Clowney have last year?

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I believe the offensive player who needs to stay healthy would be Derrick Henry?

Titans 31 for passing attempts, 10 for rush attempts last season

<100 pass yards, >200 rush yards in their two playoff wins tells the tale I think.

yes but they drafted a nice rb and remember how good tanny was after he became starter. I think he was the best qb in the league.  His issue always been health 

14 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

yes but they drafted a nice rb and remember how good tanny was after he became starter. I think he was the best qb in the league.  His issue always been health 

Tannehill won "comeback player of the year"

He was a very very efficient player - 70% completions, 22 TD, 6 INT.  But he wasn't a very prolific passer.  

3 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

And then had 2 in the playoff game the following week, so the “garbage time” thing doesn’t really hold water.

And it doesn’t really matter what I think; the HC and DC of the 2nd best scoring defense in the game thought he was good enough to be their DE1 last year, so it stands to reason that they’d think he’s good enough to be at least their DE3 this year.

• Like (+1) 1

Looks like this is why there was a delay in the announcement.  Saints tried doing a sign and trade so the Titans could pay the signing bonus and then trade his remaining salary to them.  Clever NBA idea that the NFL nixed. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29826419/nfl-nixed-saints-wild-sign-trade-plan-land-jadeveon-clowney-source-says

Edited by Virgil

21 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Looks like this is why there was a delay in the announcement.  Saints tried doing a sign and trade so the Titans could pay the signing bonus and then trade his remaining salary to them.  Clever idea that the NBA nixed. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29826419/nfl-nixed-saints-wild-sign-trade-plan-land-jadeveon-clowney-source-says

Actually according to article a third team who was working with Saints.   

NBA has no power to nix deals and it was NFL who Saints checked with first rather than do the deal and apologize later like P*ts do.

12 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

And then had 2 in the playoff game the following week, so the “garbage time” thing doesn’t really hold water.

And it doesn’t really matter what I think; the HC and DC of the 2nd best scoring defense in the game thought he was good enough to be their DE1 last year, so it stands to reason that they’d think he’s good enough to be at least their DE3 this year.

He is on the team so my opinion of him is not going to affect what he does this season,  i would be thrilled to be see him prove me wrong.  I have no problem eating crow if it means good things for the Bills.  

Cheers

• Thank you (+1) 1