Saints possibly open to trading Kamara

Greg S

Just got a notification that the saints and kamara are close to a contract extension. 

Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) Tweeted:
Saints and Alvin Kamara are not far apart in negotiations, per source, as Kamara has not asked for Christian McCaffrey money. Saints were open to trading Kamara for a 1 in light of absence but things calmed down, sides continue talking. 

Four teams inquired about Kamara today.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
Add tweet. Idk if it worked right

1 hour ago, nucci said:

all for a new contract. he's not getting traded

Yeah, it looked like the team leaked it to the press to get negotiations completed quicker. Wouldn't work with every team but given all the RB success the Saints have had in their system, and Payton's seat being ice cold, it likely spurned AK's agent to being more conciliatory.

From everything I’ve read recently, it seems like a better chance that both sides will get a deal done.

Oddly enough, there were a few sites that speculated the Bills could be a candidate for Kamara.  While it makes sense on paper, I’m not sure that they would go all-in on a RB position with Singletary and Moss under cheap contracts for multiple years.

Also trading Kamara will probably come with signing him to a new deal - which again, I can’t see that happening in Buffalo with Milano, Tre and others looking at new deals soon 

2 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

oh please please do trade him to the Pats for a #1 next year - would be so nice to have a few more years contemplating Stidham under center for them.

Cam(if healthy) and Kamara would be similar to Cam and CMC. 

Good thing it’s looking like he’s staying in NO

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

6 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Cam(if healthy) and Kamara would be similar to Cam and CMC. 

Good thing it’s looking like he’s staying in NO

I am dreaming about the ‘IF not”  part

Also McCaffrey and Cam didn’t win much did they?

Edited by IgotBILLStopay