Bills Entire Marketing Dept Steps Down

Mango

Just now, BarleyNY said:

Just because you’re paranoid it doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you. 

I doubt they give him much thought. But yeah, I'm sure they weren't happy with his overly negative reporting.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How is breaking a story like this "not working out" for a reporter??

You're kidding, right?  Do people really think like this?

Such a breaking story. Two people decide to quit their jobs. Must be because the Pegulas are evil.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

I doubt they give him much thought. But yeah, I'm sure they weren't happy with his overly negative reporting.

Link us to the last 3 "dirt" reports on the Bills and PSE that Graham has published.  Should take you no time.

2 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

It's 3 people.  Many times, people will take past employees with them when they leave.  Could easily be the case here.

Take them where?  To the unemployment line?  Kinko's for resume workshops?  Uber car lease dealers?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

This is a big nothing burger.

image.jpeg.6259ac413e0f048364b43a578a09783b.jpeg

Just now, Green Lightning said:

Combined with the past reports of a "toxic" environment, at PSE, it's not great optics for the Pegulas. That said, these jobs are so coveted it will be a blip before long. 

Why would anyone, let alone everyone, quit?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

It's 3 people.  Many times, people will take past employees with them when they leave.  Could easily be the case here.

I am guessing it is the executive marketing team. I would assume there are some low level graphic designers, video editors, etc. Or maybe not, they could hire it to an outside firm to handle a lot of that via contract work, rather than employ a team themselves. 

I will say, I spoke to some people at PSE about a position a few years ago over some beers, introduced by a few mutual friends, and it does not sound like a great place to be professionally. Pay was very low and there was no room for growth. I was told I would have to probably leave to get a promotion, pay raise, etc. Sort of hear breaking. I thought it would have been so cool to work for the Bills, Sabres, Bandits, Amerks. Apparently they sell that as the "dream" and how they get around wages and promotions. Also some friends work with PSE on some joint initiatives, projects, etc. and they regularly say it is very tough there. I don't know that to be the entire truth of the org. But what keeps getting reported, plus the conversations with people I know who have first hand experience, it all seems to jive. 

Honestly do not give a single *****.

Why do the Bills even need a Marketing department? Are there people in Buffalo who are unaware of the team? Do they think they are expanding the fan base with a cool billboard?

I always got a laugh when people referred to Russ Brandon as a "marketing genius". All it takes to market the Bills in Buffalo is posting the schedule. Folks show up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I am guessing it is the executive marketing team. I would assume there are some low level graphic designers, video editors, etc. Or maybe not, they could hire it to an outside firm to handle a lot of that via contract work, rather than employ a team themselves. 

I will say, I spoke to some people at PSE about a position a few years ago over some beers, introduced by a few mutual friends, and it does not sound like a great place to be professionally. Pay was very low and there was no room for growth. I was told I would have to probably leave to get a promotion, pay raise, etc. Sort of hear breaking. I thought it would have been so cool to work for the Bills, Sabres, Bandits, Amerks. Apparently they sell that as the "dream" and how they get around wages and promotions. Also some friends work with PSE on some joint initiatives, projects, etc. and they regularly say it is very tough there. I don't know that to be the entire truth of the org. But what keeps getting reported, plus the conversations with people I know who have first hand experience, it all seems to jive. 

Yup, I looked at it several years back as well. It's a total joke there as far as comp is concerned.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's reporting that the entire department is gone.  What are you talking about?  He made it up?

Anyway, maybe this suits you better?:

“All I can say is that morale is very low outside of the football department,” says John Wawrow of the Associated Press. “Just when you think things can’t get lower they do.”

Yeah, he was so right about McD having doubts about them.  Why would anyone doubt Timmy?

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Yeah, he was so right about McD having doubts about them.  Why would anyone doubt Timmy?

So you are on board with Graham made up this story too?

Of course you are!

2 minutes ago, 716er said:

Not saying it happened in this case, but they may have been poached by a competitive business/someone they used to work with.

yeah, that's what happened.  They all got hired away by that place or guy they used to do marketing for.

• Like (+1) 1