Which Bills player(s) are this years flash in the pan?

Every year, we hear about some players that looked great in OTA’s/minicamp, but disappear in training camp/preseason. We also have some players that look great in the preseason (Trent Edwards, Nathan Peterman come to mind), but look terrible in the regular season. Who could fit that criteria this year? Duke Williams? Gabriel Davis? Isaiah Hodgins? I know this year, it’s going to be a lot harder to determine you just looks good now, versus the regular season. IMO, with no preseason, the Bills are going to have a harder time determining who they should keep, who gets put on the practice squad and who gets released.

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Kick Balls GIFs | Tenor

I don't really get the point of doing this.

Bute I guess yeah Duke and Hodgins mostly because one isn't making the 53 and the other will be inactive.

The point of practicing getting kicked like that is to toughen up the old gonads so it doesn't hurt when you get kicked in the jewels.  Same as when you toughen your hands by repeatedly hitting a sand bag to deaden the hand.

Edited by heavydutyrudy
  • Sad 1

I mean no preseason so it’s a lot harder to tell but from the camp reports I suppose it would be Gabe Davis.  Looks real good, may be trash.

and hopefully Duke gets cut so i never have to hear from his deranged fans ever again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm not sure if this applies to this thread, or not, but Moss has been compared to Barry Sanders on this site, and from one comment made by Diggs, Hodgins is utterly NFL-ready. 

Maybe more to the point of this thread, I'll bet that if this were a normal year, Dane Jackson would be turning heads, and might be this year's David Sills.

• Like (+1) 1

It’s hard to get too hyped up about any one guy with no preseason games and so little news from camp. What a strange year..... They are supposed to have a great game against future truck drivers and gym teachers before we go all crazy with HOF expectations. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Every year forward with this regime pushes those bad times farther back.

There are less and less "gaping holes" on this team for fans to need to cling onto a couple of camp reports like in the past.

As cliche as it sounds, "Steel is sharpening steel".

9 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

My pick will always be Martin Nance

I was excited for him. Watched his entire college career in person and he was a really good player. Tore his ACL either junior or senior year and just didn’t have the speed after that to cut it at the next level. Too bad, I think he could have been like a 2nd-3rd round pick if that hadn’t happened. 

Out, Duke, Foster, and Hauschka are gone.  I don’t know if you can characterize anyone as flashes as there are no pre-season games so you only get these little blurbs from camp, and the beat reporters can’t really say much Or elude to position battles, etc.  I understand why, and the rules this year makes sense, but how do you really come up with an accurate assessment.

• Like (+1) 1