CB Ike Brown retires

YoloinOhio

26 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Interesting decision to retire so soon. Cb is one of the safer positions for head injuries and there's good money to be made on practice squads and/or as a camp rat for 4 or 5 years. I'm sure he has his reasons though. Good luck Ike!

Maybe he realized he doesn't have what it takes at this level.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Interesting decision to retire so soon. Cb is one of the safer positions for head injuries and there's good money to be made on practice squads and/or as a camp rat for 4 or 5 years. I'm sure he has his reasons though. Good luck Ike!

You are totally wrong

Cornerbacks suffer the most concussions on average in football per year

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/11/09/the-nfl-studied-every-concussion-over-two-seasons-what-happens-next-may-be-up-to-manufacturers/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/11/09/cornerbacks-suffer-most-concussions-according-nfl-report/849749001/

Been this way for a while

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

You are totally wrong

Cornerbacks suffer the most concussions on average in football per year

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/11/09/the-nfl-studied-every-concussion-over-two-seasons-what-happens-next-may-be-up-to-manufacturers/

Been this way for a while

Good stuff. Makes sense actually. You are right my good sir. I guess I was thinking more man to man coverage not being a big deal and safeties having the big chance of head injuries. But obviously CB's go into zone and there are high speed collisions out there no matter wat in free space.

Just now, Bferra13 said:

Good stuff. Makes sense actually. You are right my good sir. I guess I was thinking more man to man coverage not being a big deal and safeties having the big chance of head injuries. But obviously CB's go into zone and there are high speed collisions out there no matter wat in free space.

I played high-level corner and sustained many head injuries

Pulling guards and tackles and fullbacks, coming at you 15 miles an hour to pancake you.. and you got to fly into them and take them out low.. your angles a little off and you get a helmet  into a thigh the size of a tree trunk

Corners and safeties smash into each other at 20 miles per hour a good amount 

They are corners not linebackers, and generally don't have the best form when it comes to tackling. A lot of head injuries are sustained there

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I played high-level corner and sustained many head injuries

Pulling guards and tackles and fullbacks, coming at you 15 miles an hour to pancake you.. and you got to fly into them and take them out low.. your angles a little off and you get a helmet  into a thigh the size of a tree trunk

Corners and safeties smash into each other at 20 miles per hour a good amount 

They are corners not linebackers, and generally don't have the best form when it comes to tackling. A lot of head injuries are sustained there

Great point too. You often forget they're not exactly picking daisies on running plays.

5 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Great point too. You often forget they're not exactly picking daisies on running plays.

Yep. You are the wrecking ball on alot of pull plays

Guards and fullbacks coming wide to destroy you... And you need to take them out so the backers and safety can move in for the tackle

If you're not willing to take them out. They will find somebody who is

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TBBills said:

Like it says he probably wasn't gonna make the team anyway.

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

He was pretty old....

On a related note: I am also retiring. Feel free to start a new thread. I’m too polite to wait until halftime of the next Super Bowl.  

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Unlike most NFL players, maybe he actually received a solid education in college and has career options beyond being a camp rat.  Here's hoping he has a good reason, yes.