Jarrett Stidham Hip Injury-Out a few weeks

boco357

29 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Lol at anyone that thinks Cam and Stidham are “competing” for this job. Stidham is the Patriots backup QB and we don’t even know if that’s a role that he can adequately fill.

Curious to see who they keep at backup QB: him or Hoyer.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, that’s the real battle. I think that it is Stidham’s job to lose as they want to develop a young guy. If we get into the season though and Cam is out like 2 weeks, where do they go? If they are like 8-6 at the time what happens? 

41 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Lol at anyone that thinks Cam and Stidham are “competing” for this job. Stidham is the Patriots backup QB and we don’t even know if that’s a role that he can adequately fill.

Word on the street is that lack of a legit backup QB may doom the Pats' season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The job was always Cam's to lose but I think Billy B was at least open to having Stidham take the job as a game manager if Cam looked washed.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Stidham isn't certain to beat out Hoyer. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

I'd keep 3 with the injury history of newton.  Hoyer is probably primary backup just because... hes done it before. Not well - but he has played before.  

If Newtons out for a stretch of time - then its a real question.  But #2 on gameday for me would be hoyer.

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

I'd keep 3 with the injury history of newton.  Hoyer is probably primary backup just because... hes done it before. Not well - but he has played before.  

If Newtons out for a stretch of time - then its a real question.  But #2 on gameday for me would be hoyer.

They could put either Stidham or Hoyer on the PS and elevate him if needed.