Bills exploring possibility of allowing fans in stadium

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I’ve been in Wegmans, Walmart, Target and Lowe’s over the last 5 months and I’ve seen NOTHING that compares to the gates, concourses or restrooms at the stadium. 

But have you come within 6 feet of others in those trips?

29 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

But have you come within 6 feet of others in those trips?

In my case, rarely. I've been able to maintain distance on shopping trips. Also grateful 99% of the folks in those stores wear masks.

Are you familiar with Futures Collegiate Baseball League? They are actually playing this season. Went to a Nashua Silver Knights game. About 300 people in a stadium that holds 1500. Easy to find seating away from others. There was one group of rowdy, maskless 20-somethings. I was able to stay far away.  I went for a beer. Afterwards, I realized that every person who bought a beer went to that one concession stand. There's your vector. If someone had the Covid, that concession lady would be where we all meet. It just reminded me that being in any group, no matter how socially distanced, you're taking a chance.

And yes, it felt good to go to a ball game.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

3 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Unfortunately it is in the hands of King Cuomo, just as he likes it.  God forbid the people wear masks in an open air stadium.  But it's ok for gyms and bowling alleys in the state to open.  This guy drives my crazy!

don’t forget certain activities where a very large amount of people gather outdoors (less than 6 feet apart) that was deemed okay, and even encouraged.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Encouraging considering they already announced Jets/Giants home games won't have fans.  Having 15 to 20k fans there is better than nothing.

wouldn't be the first Bills home game with 20K, I've been to a few back in the 80's

• Haha (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Unfortunately it is in the hands of King Cuomo, just as he likes it.  God forbid the people wear masks in an open air stadium.  But it's ok for gyms and bowling alleys in the state to open.  This guy drives my crazy!

Move to Florida or Georgia or Texas, where the Governors don't care about stopping or even slowing their own flaming pandemics.  Those places are based on crazy.  

3 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Secondary market ticket prices might soar if this happens.

I understand in some NFL cities they are able to to prohibit second hand ticket sales this season.  Not sure how that works, but I'm sure the Bills would want to prevent that kind of predatory scalping.  

47 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Logic is not being used.  This is political and everyone knows it.  You can get it at a gym, hotel, restaurant, church, bar, or your office.  Is there not risk here?  The government is picking "favorites" in a way.  Yes, I know their playbook says no large gatherings.  But indoor vs outdoor are different.  Much like the threat we know we face from this now vs the horror show we thought it was in February.

The curves have been flattened everywhere.  But we are clearly being pushed or held hostage until there is a vaccine that may never happen.  Everyone should be livid about this.  They're not and I just dont get it. 

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, TigerJ said:

I understand in some NFL cities they are able to to prohibit second hand ticket sales this season.  Not sure how that works, but I'm sure the Bills would want to prevent that kind of predatory scalping.  

I hope so.  On a related but non-Bills note, I remember my brother and I trying to get tickets to a Tool concert in 2006 after 10,000 days released and we literally watched the countdown online for tickets going on sale and within a millisecond the tickets were gone.  I don't have a link to any articles, but I remember reading at the time that ticket brokers bought all the tickets so they could drastically mark them up.  Scum bag move all around.

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

Disagree. I think this is a backhanded way for the teams to make up lost revenue. Teams and the league get an undisclosed share of secondary market ticket sales. If a team like the Bills sells 10-15K seats for a each home game and a percentage are resold at 3-6X face, the teams will claw back some lost revenue. I'd bet they allow second hand sales because at the end of the day, this is all about money!

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Then go to the games, don’t wear a mask, high five a bunch of drunks, scream in each other’s faces...and have a great time.  

Why so angry? If you dont wanna go, dont go. Your problem is solved. Why insist on telling other people they shouldnt want to go?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The curves have been flattened everywhere.  But we are clearly being pushed or held hostage until there is a vaccine that may never happen.  Everyone should be livid about this.  They're not and I just dont get it. 

wtf??

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Logic is not being used.  This is political and everyone knows it.  You can get it at a gym, hotel, restaurant, church, bar, or your office.  Is there not risk here?  The government is picking "favorites" in a way.  Yes, I know their playbook says no large gatherings.  But indoor vs outdoor are different.  Much like the threat we know we face from this now vs the horror show we thought it was in February.

“You, you've been taught
We'd been the same, now they got you in line
Stand behind the stripes
There will be order, so give it a good mind”

3 hours ago, snafu said:

If you can't be 6' apart, then wear a mask.

If someone doesn't want to risk infection, then they can watch from the comfort of their couch.

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Ah the beauty of choice and personal responsibility..a novel idea in this day and age.

Except it isn't about you or your choice, and it never has been.

There are things that every person has to do. You have to get groceries by some mechanism, even if that means having someone drop them of on your doorstep or put them in your trunk at curbside. These are not zero risk activities. Both situations present an opportunity for either person to spread disease. People have to go to the doctor, need to have professional services in order to get cars repaired or homes repaired, etc. 20,000 - 80,000 people filling a stadium and sharing disease with each other and then going out into the world and going to grocery store, or the hardware store or the doctor is not them exercising "their choice"; It's them forcing a choice on all the people at the store without their knowledge or consent. It's selfish, bordering on amoral.

The more is spreads, the longer it stays viable and the longer this pandemic roils on.

33 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Clearly...
image.thumb.png.936944ef694a6152bc078f1b484bdf9d.png

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I live in AZ, they curve just started improving about a week ago, but we are about to open schools in the next 2 weeks, so we'll see what happens. I'm not being held hostage, I went to work today, stopped in the grocery store real quick for a couple items. It's not much of a sacrifice if it may save lives. It won't be permanent, i'm willing to do my part for others.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Unless they updated the article after most of these comments, it states that the NFL, not the Bills sent the survey. The Bills stated that it was not the team. Also, as someone else pointed out, they would first have to get past the Cuomo hurdle.

I am done trying to have conversations with people about common sense. I am tired of having to wield science vs. the swords of ignorance. Go for it. Have fun.

Edited by Westside Madness
  • Like (+1) 2