Jump to content
YoloinOhio

Jon Feliciano torn pec - out indefinitely following surgery; expected to be 2-3 months

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

Agreed.

 

I'm wondering why we never heard of this injury.  All of the reports avoid mentioning when the injury occurred.  And if he finished last season with a shoulder injury, why didnt he have surgery already.

 

Basically, did he wait to have surgery, just to buy himself more opt-out decision time?  And to be in IR for at least half a season to get paid at his full rate, then maybe opt-out when he is medically cleared or, better, find out the season was canceled in his absence so he gets his entire year's pay with zero Virus risk.  (there must be, or probably will be, an exception to the opt-out deadline for people on IR).

 

And for the issue that he's in a contract year, there have been arguments that next season with its reduced cap would not be the best time to come up for an extension anyway.  Maybe a season lost to IR will allow him to sign a 1-year prove-it deal during the small cap season, then prove it and get big money in 2022.

The injury probably just occurred during weight lifting 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah.  maybe.  But I cant help noticing the lack of mention of when/where it happened.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is unfortunate, hopefully he heals up closer to two months. Considering the season could be delayed he might not be out that long if the season starts in October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maddenboy said:

Agreed.

 

I'm wondering why we never heard of this injury.  All of the reports avoid mentioning when the injury occurred.  And if he finished last season with a shoulder injury, why didnt he have surgery already.

 

Basically, did he wait to have surgery, just to buy himself more opt-out decision time?  And to be in IR for at least half a season to get paid at his full rate, then maybe opt-out when he is medically cleared or, better, find out the season was canceled in his absence so he gets his entire year's pay with zero Virus risk.  (there must be, or probably will be, an exception to the opt-out deadline for people on IR).

 

And for the issue that he's in a contract year, there have been arguments that next season with its reduced cap would not be the best time to come up for an extension anyway.  Maybe a season lost to IR will allow him to sign a 1-year prove-it deal during the small cap season, then prove it and get big money in 2022.

 

Feliciano had surgery right after the season.  He posted pics and stuff on Insta.
 

This would appear to be a new injury just suffered during a weight training session

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are we seeing conflicting reports on the timeline he will be out for? Unlikely it's the entire season so ignore that. 

 

We saw JJ Watt return after a torn pec 8 weeks after the injury. 

 

I'd say around 10 weeks max for Felicano if we play it safe or 2nd week of October 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

This is where it hurts most IMO. 

Definitely. He was a stud at Center a position that warrants a solid backup cause Morse will miss some games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DJB said:

Why are we seeing conflicting reports on the timeline he will be out for? Unlikely it's the entire season so ignore that. 

 

We saw JJ Watt return after a torn pec 8 weeks after the injury. 

 

I'd say around 10 weeks max for Felicano if we play it safe or 2nd week of October 

No conflicting reports. Bills didn’t give a specific timeline. “League Sources” say 8-12 weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Ugh; this is a nightmare. We were so healthy last year, which was a key to our success.

 

All I know is if Rusty were still here., this would have never happened! 

Our training staff have been pretty good in this regard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No conflicting reports. Bills didn’t give a specific timeline. “League Sources” say 8-12 weeks. 

 

 
 

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news/headlines/9681861

Bills RG Jon Feliciano is expected to miss the season with a torn pec after undergoing surgery Friday.

The 28-year-old was injured while lifting weights. Feliciano started every game at right guard for Buffalo last season, and the Bills were expected to return their entire starting offensive line. Feliciano had already been rehabbing a torn rotator cuff in his shoulder after last season's playoff loss. In his absence, the Bills will likely slide free-agent pickup Daryl Williams in at right guard, but fellow veteran Spencer Long is also an option.

SOURCE: Buffalo News
Jul 31, 2020, 11:17 AM ET
  •  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a big Jon F. fan.......hope he makes it back soon.....

 

but come on.....if we are going to get hit with an injury at least we got hit in one where we have lots of replacements.

 

The concern is center because of Morse concussions......but I wanted to see what Bates could do there in a backup role anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DJB said:

 

 

 
 

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news/headlines/9681861

Bills RG Jon Feliciano is expected to miss the season with a torn pec after undergoing surgery Friday.

The 28-year-old was injured while lifting weights. Feliciano started every game at right guard for Buffalo last season, and the Bills were expected to return their entire starting offensive line. Feliciano had already been rehabbing a torn rotator cuff in his shoulder after last season's playoff loss. In his absence, the Bills will likely slide free-agent pickup Daryl Williams in at right guard, but fellow veteran Spencer Long is also an option.

SOURCE: Buffalo News
Jul 31, 2020, 11:17 AM ET
  •  

Again, not conflicting. The source for the Rotoworld article was the Buffalo News and their article says this “The recovery time for such an injury is usually three to four months. The Bills announced he's out indefinitely.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I'll "bet" that between the unexpected injuries, opt out, and Covid, Las Vegas is going crazy trying to set odds for this "season."

 

They were talking on the radio the other day and commenting that it's not worthwhile betting or playing fantasy this coming season, everything is too erratic.  That could be the next nail for Vegas, many less people are going there and betting is done too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

 

He had the surgery this morning to repair the tear.  From what I heard, it was a completely torn and 2-3 months is extremely optimistic.  This COVID is causing timelines to be fluid because the season may not start on time, but he will end up on IR and depending on when the season actually starts, he may come back in Jan/Feb.


Thanks for the info.  That’s really a shame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...