Jump to content
YoloinOhio

Voluntary Opt outs

Recommended Posts

Well Stanford is the 1st top QB opting out.  I was wondering if that would happen as guys like Russel Wilson just had a child of I remember correctly.  There is probably tremendous behind the scenes pressure for him to play, and he’s such a great competitor, I seriously doubt he would opt out, but heard something interesting from the Houston coach.

 

He said the immediate families oF players if they want to be tested, the team would provide it.  It was a direct interview so his words.  I didn’t know the NFL was considering doing that for the wives, and kids, but applaud them for doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pic of him working out with Tre etc is in the TC thread. Posted on twitter 7 hours ago. 

I mean that was from Joe Croom he's been getting footage of players all summer I'm not sure how recent it is but either way meeting up with guys and training for the season doesn't seem like a guy that's thinking of opting out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean that was from Joe Croom he's been getting footage of players all summer I'm not sure how recent it is but either way meeting up with guys and training for the season doesn't seem like a guy that's thinking of opting out.

Oh ok I thought it was from today. I know who I haven’t seen - Bojo! Oh noes 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can’t think of any. Hughes has a pic of himself on IG at the facility in his uni with “Year 11”... who are we missing? Any pics of Milano? 

Milano would be interesting. He and Dawkins are in a contract year. I’ve seen Dawkins there. Would a player be more or less motivated to play if they had one year left? I would think Milano is pretty cheap now and would only prolong a big pay day by opting out. 

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Well Stanford is the 1st top QB opting out.  I was wondering if that would happen as guys like Russel Wilson just had a child of I remember correctly.  There is probably tremendous behind the scenes pressure for him to play, and he’s such a great competitor, I seriously doubt he would opt out, but heard something interesting from the Houston coach.

 

He said the immediate families oF players if they want to be tested, the team would provide it.  It was a direct interview so his words.  I didn’t know the NFL was considering doing that for the wives, and kids, but applaud them for doing it.

I don’t think Stafford opted out. He is in the Covid Reserve list, set to come back once he is negative. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Milano would be interesting. He and Dawkins are in a contract year. I’ve seen Dawkins there. Would a player be more or less motivated to play if they had one year left? I would think Milano is pretty cheap now and would only prolong a big pay day by opting out. 

I don’t think Stafford opted out. He is in the Covid Reserve list, set to come back once he is negative. 

Yea wtf? Why do people keep suggesting Stafford opted out. He didn’t. He has the virus and is on the COVID list. He didn’t opt out.

Edited by ScottLaw
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea wtf? Why do people keep suggesting Stafford opted out. He didn’t. He has the virus and is on the COVID list. He didn’t opt out.

It’s a ‘Jump to Conclusions Mat’ ha

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea wtf? Why do people keep suggesting Stafford opted out. He didn’t. He has the virus and is on the COVID list. He didn’t opt out.

does he have it or was he just virus adjacent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

does he have it or was he just virus adjacent?

 

We don't know unless Stafford himself communicates.  Teams aren't allowed to comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Your boy is in this montage 

Never mind. Hauschka is there

 

Darn it. 

 

No opt out by Lee Smith or Dimarco. :(

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

Why would Stafford opt out if he’s already got the disease and is asymptomatic—or even if he did have symptoms?  That means he’s at basically zero risk for the foreseeable future...makes no sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mannc said:

Why would Stafford opt out if he’s already got the disease and is asymptomatic—or even if he did have symptoms?  That means he’s at basically zero risk for the foreseeable future...makes no sense.


he has not opted out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:


he has not opted out. 

Someone posted a link in this thread to an article yesterday saying he was indeed opting out. That is where the confusion came from. I haven’t seen it anywhere else, I’m sure it would be big news. As far as I’ve seen, he’s just on the Covid list. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yolo, I’m one of the people who misread that article so my apologies and thank you for the clarification.  I doubt any starting QB’s will most likely opt out, but anything can happen.  I certainly hope Stanford and his family are ok, or better he was just on the contact tracer list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Yolo, I’m one of the people who misread that article so my apologies and thank you for the clarification.  I doubt any starting QB’s will most likely opt out, but anything can happen.  I certainly hope Stanford and his family are ok, or better he was just on the contact tracer list.

The article (I didn’t post it) does actually say that he’s opting out. You didn’t misread it. I just think it must be incorrect because we would have seen it everywhere.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea wtf? Why do people keep suggesting Stafford opted out. He didn’t. He has the virus and is on the COVID list. He didn’t opt out.

There were articles saying the other and it took off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

It’s a ‘Jump to Conclusions Mat’ ha

If people would just stop doing that that would be greaaaaaat 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

I’m shocked !!! 
Im sure we all counted on him to be a HUGE contributor this season 🙄 !!! 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...