Shady Still Looking for a Home . Update

Shady still looking but hasn't found a home as of yet . He says he's talked to a couple teams but to this point no deals have been offered .

One of his goals is to make it into the 12K club before he retires i for one hope he finds a way to get it  .

His totals were down last year but they had a bunch of talent in KC when he was on the field though he didn't suck he just wasn't his old self . I think in the right scheme he could still be a good RB .

What do you think ? Does he still have enough in the tank to help a team  ? ?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/24/lesean-mccoy-has-talked-to-a-couple-of-teams/

https://www.nfl.com/videos/lesean-mccoy-reveals-he-has-multiple-offers-looking-for-the-right-fit

In this interview Shady tells how vets do want some preseason reps because games are different level than practice . Good interview .

Edited by T master

22 minutes ago, T master said:

Shady still looking but hasn't found a home as of yet . He says he's talked to a couple teams but to this point no deals have been offered .

One of his goals is to make it into the 12K club before he retires i for one hope he finds a way to get it  .

His totals were down last year but they had a bunch of talent in KC when he was on the field though he didn't suck he just wasn't his old self . I think in the right scheme he could still be a good RB .

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/24/lesean-mccoy-has-talked-to-a-couple-of-teams/

He was an average running back last season and had issues with holding onto the football.   There’s a reason that he was a healthy scratch for most of the season and in the Super Bowl.  He wasn’t very good.

19 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

He was an average running back last season and had issues with holding onto the football.   There’s a reason that he was a healthy scratch for most of the season and in the Super Bowl.  He wasn’t very good.

Yeah, he’s done. That’s not saying someone might not sign him, but his career is declining fast. I assumed Andy Reid would be able to utilize him some last season. The fact that Reid was unable to find much use for him, makes me think his career wouldn’t be so hot elsewhere. KC seemed like a perfect fit reuniting with Reid, and we all knew he wouldn’t be the feature back, but I expected more. 

Edited by SirAndrew

I remember McCoy's running style being relaxed, trying to make people miss inside the running lane. I think he complimented DeSean Jackson's center fielding. Buffalo while here they ran a lot of read option.

Happy he got the ring. Thanks for the play for the Bills. I could imagine what those years would be like without him.

Edited by beavis

9 hours ago, T master said:

He needs almost 1000 yards to reach 12K.  He would need two seasons to get that much.  I don't see that happening.

He was a great pickup for the Bills.  At the time I thought it might not work out, what with giving up Kiko who'd had such a stellar rookie season before sitting a year out due to injury. But then it turned out Kiko was a flash in the pan who never turned into a very good player.  We got much more out of Shady.

• Like (+1) 1