Whose lives has been improved by BLM winning?

The Antiracist Racket

And its mind-forg’d manacles.

by Myron Magnet

Beyond its falsity, there is no current idea so destructive as the fiction that America is systemically racist.

It harms black Americans by shrinking their horizons and stoking their resentment; it has fueled crime and disorder in our cities; and by replacing our national faith in the unique excellence of our self-governing republic with a sense of its pervasive injustice and oppression, it makes us more vulnerable in a dangerous world. Confidence that we have a civilization worth defending is vital to our future.

After all, the civil rights movement of the 1950s and ’60s succeeded. In what was the defining political experience of a generation, that movement turned the nation inside out in order to remedy the overt racism that then marred America’s promise of civil equality. Two decades of sit-ins and marches, of sermons and voter registrations, yielded changes that fully opened political, educational, and employment opportunities to blacks, while society grew dramatically more welcoming.

Just compare the advertisements or movies—or college alumni magazines—of the 1950s to today’s to get a sense of the revolution in racial attitudes that occurred. Or consider the change in the percentage of Americans who tell pollsters they approve of interracial marriage—4% in 1958 versus 94% in 2021.

But as the number of Americans who remember the civil rights era dwindles, the harangues of Black Lives Matter and the critical race theorists have obscured that era’s accomplishment.

The Gallup Poll tracks this trend: in 2014, respondents’ satisfaction with U.S. race relations reached a high of 55%, versus 35% dissatisfied, but it began dropping thereafter, in the wake of Eric Garner’s death in July of that year. Only 28% expressed satisfaction in 2022.

Because what people believe affects their actions as much as their real circumstances do, the imaginary world these propagandists have conjured up—in which racial injustice pervades everything, racist insults wound blacks at every turn, racism closes off advancement and shuts out fellowship—really does constrict black opportunity by denying it exists.

By and large, the civil rights pioneers assumed that, once their movement succeeded, black Americans would gear up to seize the new opportunity, especially through wider educational choices. But the schools and colleges that were to arm black Americans for success now teach systemic racism, infusing a strange mix of suspicious resentment, fatalistic victimology, and aggrieved entitlement that doesn’t fuel initiative but instead feeds a resentment or hostility that hinders advancement and poisons race relations again. The poet William Blake wrote strikingly of “mind-forg’d manacles”; for many black Americans, the schools rivet them on, and BLM reinforces the chains.

https://claremontreviewofbooks.com/the-antiracist-racket/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Thank you for proving right again, you can't come up with one thing. 

But here is the thing - I can if I wanted to and you know it - but why don’t you google and finish your own book report?

3 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

The fact that you can't show me one specific thing is acknowledgement enough for me. 

The fact that you won't share your Google link suggests you don't want others to see what the results are... lol

11 minutes ago, BillStime said:

The fact that you won't share your Google link suggests you don't want others to see what the results are... lol

When I Google it is a bunch of puff pieces and none tell anything specific. 

Any momentum BLM once had is dead, now that people have had time to see that they really don’t care about black lives, but rather enriching themselves…

After receiving overwhelming support following George Floyd, less than half the country supports them now, according to polls…

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Any momentum BLM once had is dead, now that people had time to see that they really don’t care about black lives, but rather enriching themselves

After receiving overwhelming support follow George Floyd, less than half the country supports them now…

There's your Google answer...

9 minutes ago, ALF said:

Show me anytime I supported BLM

I just grabbed the first three liberal names I saw on the 3rd pages, if your comment was not pro BLM then so be it. So you have been against them from the begining?

2 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I just grabbed the first three liberal names I saw on the 3rd pages, if your comment was not pro BLM then so be it. So you have been against them from the begining?

I'm all for justice for black people just not the BLM organization which I think is corrupt.

• 1 month later...

BLM radical wins Des Moines city council
seat, takes six months off, then resigns

by Katie Daviscourt

A radical Black Lives Matter activist who won a seat on the Des Moines city council in an upset victory has resigned from her position after failing to show up to work for six months.

Indira Sheumaker, the former city council member who self-identifies as a "***** feminine," didn't show up to any city council meetings or workshops since March 6, nor did she communicate her absence. Sheumaker was first elected to her seat in 2021 and served constituents in Ward 1, according to Des Moines Register.

https://thepostmillennial.com/blm-radical-wins-des-moines-city-council-seat-takes-six-months-off-then-resigns

Edited by B-Man
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, B-Man said:

AIRBRUSHING: 

Coca-Cola Quietly Removes BLM References From Website.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/10/23/coca-cola-quietly-removes-blm-references-website/

Why can't we just be happy Coca-Cola removed the BLM stuff?  Why does Senator Cruz say Coca-Cola MUST apologize?  I'm gonna say it's grandstanding and attention seeking on Senator Cruz' part again.  Come on man, you won.  Be happy.

Edited by reddogblitz

15 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Why does this thread exist?  They would have faded to dust if righties stopped giving them attention.   Most of the left cares nothing for this organization. 

Winning?  It's that they're losing or so they think.  Whiners. "victims".  Set a fair playing ground and sort it out....

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, on average, Black women were paid 64% of what non-Hispanic white men were paid in 2021. Like Latinas and Native women, Black women experience a substantially wider pay gap than all women due to the compounded effect of racism and sexism.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever