As if 2020 isn't bad enough?

17 hours ago, WhoTom said:

I didn't see anything about Christmas music in that article.

Dangnabbit! My phone sometimes pastes an old link when I try to copy & paste. Grrrr. Now I can't find the link.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

17 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Comparing Christmas music compared to riots, shooting incident increases across the country, cities burning, and a pandemic?

Sure. This makes total sense.

16 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

All I can think is that the man really, really, REALLY hates Christmas music

I do hate listening to Christmas music when it's not Christmas. I mean when I was little Christmas music started like in December? During Advent? That's what made it special.

• Thank you (+1) 1

if anyone has ever been to niagara on the lake, there's a christmas themed store that plays christmas music all year round.  i think working in that store would give me ptsd for the holiday season.  every day...christmas music.  

4 hours ago, teef said:

if anyone has ever been to niagara on the lake, there's a christmas themed store that plays christmas music all year round.  i think working in that store would give me ptsd for the holiday season.  every day...christmas music.  

I have no issue with THAT - you go in and expect that kind of music.  There are a number stores similar to that.

When travelling for work I found a Polynesian store/restaurant and it was winter time and weather was miserable.

I'd stop buy every day, have lunch and sometimes buy something. Certainly did not object to the music.

That the staff were Polynesian women who kept in shape and wore native garb certainly helped atmosphere.

15 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I have no issue with THAT - you go in and expect that kind of music.  There are a number stores similar to that.

When travelling for work I found a Polynesian store/restaurant and it was winter time and weather was miserable.

I'd stop buy every day, have lunch and sometimes buy something. Certainly did not object to the music.

That the staff were Polynesian women who kept in shape and wore native garb certainly helped atmosphere.

i was thinking for the people that worked in the store all year round.  going in is fun, but could you listen to christmas every day that you went to work?  i like christmas music to get me in the mood, but no way.

1 minute ago, teef said:

i was thinking for the people that worked in the store all year round.  going in is fun, but could you listen to christmas every day that you went to work?  i like christmas music to get me in the mood, but no way.

I do not mind a few Christmas songs out of season, mostly those who really are not commercialized, but less is more.

22 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Comparing Christmas music compared to riots, shooting incident increases across the country, cities burning, and a pandemic?

Sure. This makes total sense.

I mean it's not that it's comparable to those things more that we're already on the ground please stop kicking us.

On 7/14/2020 at 3:25 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

There was a large display of Halloween candy at Price Chopper today.  WTF?

It's out on display here, too.  Insane.

On 7/13/2020 at 4:17 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

All I can think is that the man really, really, REALLY hates Christmas music

Maybe he had a bad experienced on Santa’s lap in his youth?

You know! Santa went heavy on garlic at lunch?  He didn’t get that video game he wanted? Who knows?  It can scar a guy! 

On 7/14/2020 at 3:25 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

There was a large display of Halloween candy at Price Chopper today.  WTF?

The Target closest to me wiped out what remained of the summer seasonal stuff and replaced it with school supplies.  This was before the 4th of July. ?

Someone told me they were recently looking for one of the hose reel boxes, and couldn't find one at either Home Depot or Lowes.  But by mid-August you will be able to go in there and pickup Christmas decorations