Trump's railing about schools reopening, so might as well talk about it

So with all the false information being thrown around we need to clear things up. The virus doesn't care if you are a kid you can still pass the virus on both ways. People under 18 have died to Covid no matter what uninformed people say. 

I doubt anyone takes that guy seriously in this forum though.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

So with all the false information being thrown around we need to clear things up. The virus doesn't care if you are a kid you can still pass the virus on both ways. People under 18 have died to Covid no matter what uninformed people say. 

"MILLIONS ARE GOING TO DIE!"

(From a virus which over 99% of people recover)

"PROTECT THE CHILDREN! SHUT DOWN THE SCHOOLS!"

(From a virus that doesn't kill kids -- and shutting down schools delays their development and puts them behind for life)

The ramblings of a person who's lost their mind. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(From a virus that doesn't kill kids -- and shutting down schools delays their development and puts them behind for life)

We are almost in August and you are quoting things from January.

Edited by TBBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

Why isn’t Baron’s school opening this fall?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, TBBills said:

We are almost in August and you are quoting things from January.

Oh, there are people who think and say those things now. I'm talking to one ;) 

But carry on proving how bad you are at this critical thinking thing. You're doing a bang up job of it so far. 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Oh, there are people who think and say those things now. I'm talking to one ;) 

No you aren't b.c I never said that. Here we go making up more *****. 

When they can't argue they take outrageous ***** and pretend like it's the majority saying it... I love watching this guy destroy himself by just responding to me.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

When they can't argue they take outrageous ***** and pretend like it's the majority saying it... I love watching this guy destroy himself by just responding to me.

So you're fine with schools opening again? 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TBBills said:

The virus has killed 0 kids who did not have serious health issues prior to getting Covid. That is why doctors are saying it is safe for kids to go back, 80+% of kids are more likely to be hospitalized by the flu this year than Covid. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The virus has killed 0 kids who did not have serious health issues prior to getting Covid. That is why doctors are saying it is safe for kids to go back, 80+% of kids are more likely to be hospitalized by the flu this year than Covid. 

No, he just said he's fine with school's re-opening... ;) 

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

This guy gets his marching orders from Trump, QAnon, and Alex Jones.

He will focus on you with the intent on wearing you down and will soon be calling you dishonest and stupid. 

Uses the same playbook on anyone who doesn’t sit on Trumps lap.

Guy is so predictable and pathetic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So you're fine with schools opening again? 

As long as we take precautions I think schools can be reopened. TBH I don't see this virus going away and who knows if it will be worse in the winter like the flu.

We need to get back to normal with schools and working b.c it will just continue to destroy this economy. We just need to do it differently now than in the past where it was about the kids new clothes for his first day.

But to sit there and lie about kids dieing from the virus and to say it can't be transmitted to an adult from a child is wrong.

Edited by TBBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

Then we agree. 

We agree, but the way we both went about it was different. You lied about things to make it seem better too those who would rather believe you than actually investigate themselves. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Then we agree. 

Me too dr. Schools should be open as long precautions. Here there thinking smaller rural town from someone.. Have half kids go into the morning.  Clean. Afternoon section the next group.     But I'm a cautious person for everything.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

He will focus on you with the intent on wearing you down and will soon be calling you dishonest and stupid. 

My bet is that you've had a lot of experience being called dishonest and stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Me too dr. Schools should be open as long precautions. Her there thinking smaller rural town. Have half kids go into the morning.  Clean. Afternoon section the next group.     But I'm a cautious person for everything.

There's nothing wrong with being cautious, it's to be commended most times. :beer: 

The world is at war, they just aren't calling it a war. And the children (and their educations) are pawns in the larger game for some very, very, bad people. There's little cause to keep schools closed due to a virus that spares over 99% of the people it infects -- way more so with kids. That doesn't mean there shouldn't be precautions taken, but take this as an example: 

In LA, where I live, there is a heated debate about funneling millions of dollars into schools for PPE and "protective plexiglass barriers". To me, this is a tremendous waste of resources to fight a bug that will be gone before that stuff is even installed. Wouldn't it be better to take those millions of dollars and funnel them into the schools in such a way that improves the education of the students themselves, rather than line the pockets of city and government contractors? 

But you can't raise that point in CA without hearing the inevitable "YOU WANT CHILDREN TO DIE!" hysteria. No, I don't want kids to die. But I don't want big government to profit off their suffering either. 

Middle grounds are possible and should be sought. Not the extremes. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

There's nothing wrong with being cautious, it's to be commended most times. :beer: 

The world is at war, they just aren't calling it a war. And the children (and their educations) are pawns in the larger game for some very, very, bad people. There's little cause to keep schools closed due to a virus that spares over 99% of the people it infects -- way more so with kids. That doesn't mean there shouldn't be precautions taken, but take this as an example: 

In LA, where I live, there is a heated debate about funneling millions of dollars into schools for PPE and "protective plexiglass barriers". To me, this is a tremendous waste of resources to fight a bug that will be gone before that stuff is even installed. Wouldn't it be better to take those millions of dollars and funnel them into the schools in such a way that improves the education of the students themselves, rather than line the pockets of city and government contractors? 

But you can't raise that point in CA without hearing the inevitable "YOU WANT CHILDREN TO DIE!" hysteria. No, I don't want kids to die. But I don't want big government to profit off their suffering either. 

One has to look at the big picture too. We are facing what appears to be an all out conflict with China and we need to be prepared for it. A strong economy along with less divisiveness within our country is going to be necessary to be successful in this battle. Before any of you numbnuts claim I'm predicting a nuclear war with China, that is not what I'm saying. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Agreed dr. Ya the protective plexiglass barriers and hope would be waste of money. Children need education for sure. Saw someone posted on Facebook few days ago. Store workers working hard. Schools shouldn't  be afraid especially teachers. Those people working hard for stores. But use some caution but not to much caution PPE and stuff. Waste of money.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I freely admit when I'm wrong. I'm not on this one. 

But keep digging. It's going well for you :lol: 

Hoax. 

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

This guy gets his marching orders from Trump, QAnon, and Alex Jones.

Uses the same playbook on anyone who doesn’t sit on Trumps lap.

Guy is so predictable and pathetic.

That’s the nutshell version of wha he’s on the the washed up psycho and hoax lists. 

5 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Edit: of a virus from which .... 

carry on. 

5 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

My bet is that you've had a lot of experience being called dishonest and stupid.

I bet you’re on the short list of a lot of people.  Sad! 

5 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Me too dr. Schools should be open as long precautions. Here there thinking smaller rural town from someone.. Have half kids go into the morning.  Clean. Afternoon section the next group.     But I'm a cautious person for everything.

Every other day would be better.  But it’s a reasonable idea to split the student body in half.  Depends on the physical size of the school, I suppose.  

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Every other day would be better.  But it’s a reasonable idea to split the student body in half.  Depends on the physical size of the school, I suppose.  

Trump should pull Baron out of his private school and place him in DC’s public schools. The POS should lead by example - right?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Trump should pull Baron out of his private school and place him in DC’s public schools. The POS should lead by example - right?

You mean like Obama did when his administration was doing all it could to encourage the failure of Charter Schools. 

7 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

You mean like Obama did when his administration was doing all it could to encourage the failure of Charter Schools. 

...would Baron look out of place in DC schools with many of his 8th grade classmates being in their twenties?....just askin'.................

14 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

A 9-year-old who died of coronavirus had no known underlying health issues, family says

A 9-year-old girl with no known underlying health conditions is the youngest person to die from coronavirus complications in Florida, officials said.

She had no pre-existing health issues and her mother took her to the hospital due to a high fever, said family spokesman Dejeon Cain. The hospital sent her home and she collapsed a short time later, Cain said.

Kimora "Kimmie" Lynum died on July 18 in Putnam County, according to Florida Department of Health records. It confirmed her identity and said she's the state's youngest coronavirus fatality.

Kimmie is the fifth minor in Florida to die from Covid-19, according to the latest health records. The others were an 11-year-old boy in Miami-Dade County, an 11-year-old girl in Broward County, a 16-year-old girl in Lee County and a 17-year-old boy in Pasco County.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/25/us/kimora-lynum-dies-of-coronavirus/index.html

3 minutes ago, ALF said:

A 9-year-old who died of coronavirus had no known underlying health issues, family says

A 9-year-old girl with no known underlying health conditions is the youngest person to die from coronavirus complications in Florida, officials said.

She had no pre-existing health issues and her mother took her to the hospital due to a high fever, said family spokesman Dejeon Cain. The hospital sent her home and she collapsed a short time later, Cain said.

Kimora "Kimmie" Lynum died on July 18 in Putnam County, according to Florida Department of Health records. It confirmed her identity and said she's the state's youngest coronavirus fatality.

Kimmie is the fifth minor in Florida to die from Covid-19, according to the latest health records. The others were an 11-year-old boy in Miami-Dade County, an 11-year-old girl in Broward County, a 16-year-old girl in Lee County and a 17-year-old boy in Pasco County.

I can't speak about the others but the girl here in Lee County that passed had many other health issues. It's still less the 1 in a thousand deaths for kids, far more die of the flu then the virus

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

I can't speak about the others but the girl here in Lee County that passed had many other health issues. It's still less the 1 in a thousand deaths for kids, far more die of the flu then the virus

Hush yo mouff!  The Trump virus is deadly to children. If we can save just one life, it’s worth not letting them get back to school for the next decade! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Hush yo mouff!  The Trump virus is deadly to children. If we can save just one life, it’s worth not letting them get back to school for the next decade! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

...Trump's fault...he was probably her pediatrician..............AND the PCP for the 144,000 that passed.......not to mention the 649,000 annual cardio related deaths on his watch....

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...would Baron look out of place in DC schools with many of his 8th grade classmates being in their twenties?....just askin'.................

Did you graduate eighth grade?  Base on what you write here a lot of people have doubts about that. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Did you graduate eighth grade?  Base on what you write here a lot of people have doubts about that. 

...yes I did with honors....but sympathize with you for STILL being there at age 27....there is hope though................

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...yes I did with honors....but sympathize with you for STILL being there at age 27....there is hope though................

Honors?  Wow.  Impressive.  What kind of honors?  Was it a “best of the worst” type of thing?  Or were you so amazing that they renamed the school after you once you left? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Honors?  Wow.  Impressive.  What kind of honors?  Was it a “best of the worst” type of thing?  Or were you so amazing that they renamed the school after you once you left? 

....I do applaud you for flaunting your ignorance versus trying to hide it.......based on your flummoxed ability from the 3rd chair, I'd bet your client list is on 1/2 of a cocktail napkin....probably ALL family members.....

2 hours ago, ALF said:

I will wait for a source other than the family to confirm no underlying issues. I saw a story on CNN last week where they stated the people had only asthma as an underlying health issue but when I found pics of the two they were morbidly obese. I just don't trust CNN or anyone who runs a story simply off a family says. I feel bad for the family but their story on background is suspect since the mom is a teacher who wants to stay home. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....I do applaud you for flaunting your ignorance versus trying to hide it.......based on your flummoxed ability from the 3rd chair, I'd bet your client list is on 1/2 of a cocktail napkin....probably ALL family members.....

looks like it was a best of the worst award.  

also, a lot of people are saying that

you peaked too early.  It was all downhill after your best of the worst award in eighth grade. Today you’re a washed loser who tries to put others down to make himself feel better.  That’s too bad.  

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

looks like it was a best of the worst award.  

also, a lot of people are saying that

you peaked too early.  It was all downhill after your best of the worst award in eighth grade. Today you’re a washed loser who tries to put others down to make himself feel better.  That’s too bad.  

....YAWN......

4 hours ago, ALF said:

Even if its not as harmful to most children, they can still be super spreaders in communities.