Trump's railing about schools reopening, so might as well talk about it

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Opening the schools is a bipartisan issue where, for the first time in a while, both sides agree it needs to happen.

Are you of the mindset that Governor Cuomo and Senator Schumer want students to get sick, spread to teachers, staff and their family? Is that what you're saying? You disagree with their assessment that schools should be open?

I disagree with opening up when the rate of cases and deaths here in California is on an upward slope.

Agent Orange does not care about you, or your children or grandchildren.

If they get sick and die ..  he will fall back to his asinine comment 

It is what it is

What is it that they say about worshiping false prophets?  

Don's base has given up on their core values.  Politically and religiously.  

What happened to Love thy neighbor?    What about the 7 ? 

DbmNin2U8AAl_1D.jpg

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, DumpTrump said:

I disagree with opening up when the rate of cases and deaths here in California is on an upward slope.

The rate of Covid deaths in CA has been holding steady at 1.82% and has been below 2% for a month.

NY, on the other hand, has been hovering at 6% for months, and yet they are opening schools.

What upward CA slope are you talking about?

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

Wrong thread.

Why Democrats Have Started To Cave On Reopening Schools

The pressure to reopen schools is on everywhere now that New York is doing it.

This means something else big: Their hard opposition to school reopenings is politically devastating for Democrats.

...and I'd bet they carefully considered the financial ramifications on families (COUGH)......consider a hybrid schedule for the younger ones...is a two income family now reduced to one or part time if, IF amenable with employer to stay home on the remote learning days?.....OR....in the realm of supply/demand, does the rate exponentially escalate for hiring a person to come to their home during remote learning days?.....doubt that day care centers are equipped to provide EFFECTIVE remote learning services for those days at their locations.....and I'm sure I've missed other significant scenarios.....

Public education isn't going to survive this.

Pass that along to your local union Rep....if you disagree please just retire.  

We are an embarrassment to the generation that fought WWI, "survived" the Spanish flu, and then the Great Depression.

We are an absolute embarrassment.  

Meanwhile, in Williamsville where they just passed that $199M school budget:

Williamsville parents irate over school reopening plans

</snip>

Williamsville’s reopening plan calls for a hybrid option in which students are in school two days a week. On Wednesdays, remote instruction will be provided to all students. And on the other two days a week, Martzloff explained, there would be no instruction. Students will be given assignments to work on, he said.

Williamsville’s reopening plan calls for a hybrid option in which students are in school two days a week. On Wednesdays, remote instruction will be provided to all students. And on the other two days a week, Martzloff explained, there would be no instruction. Students will be given assignments to work on, he said.

On the two days students are not in school, we cannot provide online learning at this time,” the superintendent told parents. “However, students will have work that they need to complete, in order to turn it back into their teacher when they go back to school. It’ll be more like homework that they’re given.”

</snip>

No one on the school board is up for reelection this year. 2021 should be "fun."

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Meanwhile, in Williamsville where they just passed that $199M school budget:

Williamsville parents irate over school reopening plans

</snip>

On the two days students are not in school, we cannot provide online learning at this time,” the superintendent told parents. “However, students will have work that they need to complete, in order to turn it back into their teacher when they go back to school. It’ll be more like homework that they’re given.”

</snip>

No one on the school board is up for reelection this year. 2021 should be "fun."

They should call this the Dred Scott Plan, where the children are 3/5th of a student at 100% the cost. 

$200m budget and they can’t provide online learning? 

53 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

They should call this the Dred Scott Plan, where the children are 3/5th of a student at 100% the cost. 

$200m budget and they can’t provide online learning? 

They do have all new turf fields that need paying off. Never understood that one, it’s called grass - play on it or smoke it, kid. Synthetic grass is dangerous.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I'm ok with this, so long as they're paying the teachers 3/5 of their salaries and benefits.

• Like (+1) 1

facepalmheaddesk_new-620x326.jpg

It’s come to this. . .

Jason Hammer, co-host of the “Hammer and Nigel Show” on 93.1 WIBC in Indianapolis, posted this video of Christopher Hammer participating in his school’s “virtual fire drill” while he’s home for virtual learning:

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

It’s come to this. . .

Jason Hammer, co-host of the “Hammer and Nigel Show” on 93.1 WIBC in Indianapolis, posted this video of Christopher Hammer participating in his school’s “virtual fire drill” while he’s home for virtual learning:

giphy.gif

What's to worry? Do like I have and self identify as water and evacuating is not an issue. 

On 8/18/2020 at 10:55 AM, B-Man said:

Teachers' Unions Falling Out of Favor With Americans. Is It Any Wonder?

by Stacy Lennox

Original Article

..probably a stupid question but it's what I'm known for.......what happens now to two income families who are faced with tough financial decisions for having to stay home on remote learning days or have a new day care expenditure for those "in home days"?.....anybody think demand will outstrip supply and rates will skyrocket?.....is there any consideration by employers yet to allow remote job performance for the time that Moms or Dads stay at home for remote learning days?......yes I'm glad I am beyond that with my kids being college graduates and well into their executive careers...BUT...I emphasize with parents whose debt structure is based on two income families now to have their world turned upside down with an unanticipated additional expense.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..probably a stupid question but it's what I'm known for.......what happens now to two income families who are faced with tough financial decisions for having to stay home on remote learning days or have a new day care expenditure for those "in home days"?.....anybody think demand will outstrip supply and rates will skyrocket?.....is there any consideration by employers yet to allow remote job performance for the time that Moms or Dads stay at home for remote learning days?......yes I'm glad I am beyond that with my kids being college graduates and well into their executive careers...BUT...I emphasize with parents whose debt structure is based on two income families now to have their world turned upside down with an unanticipated additional expense.....

Actually prepare for a lot of at home daycares to sprout up- which I believe are illegal in NY- and the tax man to come banging on those doors in about 6 months. It should be interesting how NY will deal with parents who pool resources and a bunch of kids go to different houses during the month. I could see them saying that the savings from daycare should be taxable. I wish I was kidding but I can see them trying.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Actually prepare for a lot of at home daycares to sprout up- which I believe are illegal in NY- and the tax man to come banging on those doors in about 6 months. It should be interesting how NY will deal with parents who pool resources and a bunch of kids go to different houses during the month. I could see them saying that the savings from daycare should be taxable. I wish I was kidding but I can see them trying.

...I certainly agree but seriously wonder if these big picture ramifications are being taken into consideration....plenty of articles about the detrimental effects mentally in these lock downs and I fear to think about spousal/family abuses escalating from being around each other too much.....

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

In home daycares aren't illegal in NYS (at least they weren't quite recently and haven't heard of any change) but the # of children they can take in is severely limited. 

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

It’s come to this. . .

giphy.gif

stop-the-world-i-want-to-get-off-quote-1

• Like (+1) 1

STACEY LENNOX: If Your School District Pulls What One Tennessee District Has, Know Your Rights. 

“A founding teacher at the Science Leadership Academy in Philadelphia also took to Twitter to express concern over parent observation of virtual classes. His laments about parents, especially conservative parents, had been retweeted over 1,000 times before he locked his account. Retweeting means other people were sharing his concerns with their own followers.”

If they don’t want you to know what they’re doing, it’s because they’re up to no good.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Posting this because school started.

We postponed 10 days from a planned "hybrid model" in favor of full Distance Learning through September 11th.

School started one week ago. Since then I've had 1 student email me that she and her Mom have Covid. Another student emailed me that he's quarantined because his Dad has Covid.

These are unprompted emails. I didn't ask them to inform me. These students wanted to let me know in case they fall behind.

I have 100% of students with DL access after a week of reaching out to make sure.

Being a good online teacher is an arduous task.

Any teacher who tells you it's easy isn't doing it right.

I'd rather be back in the classroom full time, but it's not safe right now for students, students' families or teachers in many, many places around the country.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1