Trump's railing about schools reopening, so might as well talk about it

On 7/25/2020 at 3:17 PM, Reality Check said:

You can't get blood from a stone my friend.

Too much destruction to the tax base on the horizon.

Sending someone a bill these days doesn't mean it will get paid.

The people with the means will leave and take their money with them.

?

On 7/23/2020 at 7:22 AM, Reality Check said:

Please please please never reopen the schools.

If there ever was a time to break apart the teachers unions, it is now.

The savings in taxes would be amazing.

Besides, it's not like we have jobs waiting for these kids anymore after school.

We have China for that.

?

On 7/12/2020 at 8:13 PM, Reality Check said:

The obvious solution is to stay home for the next 36 months and collect welfare...

No big deal...

The American people need to forget about working and living and just obey the government orders of the day...

Simple...

In 3 years we can leave our properties and everything will be great...

?

1 hour ago, Reality Check said:

?

So, Reality check, employed by the Putin Committee to re elect trump,  joined this site 9 months ago and spends his time trolling anti Trump posters.

Reality Check is a Rhino clone likely, rarely posts just comments. Nice work if you can get it.

?????????????????????????????

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/15/2020 at 10:34 PM, Koko78 said:

I'm ok with this, so long as they're paying the teachers 3/5 of their salaries and benefits.

Did you go to work every day during in March and April of this year?  Courts were closed, right?  So there wasn’t one work form

home day for you? Hope you gave a rebate to the county. 

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

So, Reality check, employed by the Putin Committee to re elect trump,  joined this site 9 months ago and spends his time trolling anti Trump posters.

Reality Check is a Rhino clone likely, rarely posts just comments. Nice work if you can get it.

?????????????????????????????

You just described the lefty trolls on PPP.  No substance, just trash. Hey, keep up the good work!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Posting this because school started.

We postponed 10 days from a planned "hybrid model" in favor of full Distance Learning through September 11th.

School started one week ago. Since then I've had 1 student email me that she and her Mom have Covid. Another student emailed me that he's quarantined because his Dad has Covid.

These are unprompted emails. I didn't ask them to inform me. These students wanted to let me know in case they fall behind.

I have 100% of students with DL access after a week of reaching out to make sure.

Being a good online teacher is an arduous task.

Any teacher who tells you it's easy isn't doing it right.

I'd rather be back in the classroom full time, but it's not safe right now for students, students' families or teachers in many, many places around the country.

Good luck - educated people know it’s not an easy task - teaching in the classroom or remote.

The ones that will bash you couldn’t spend one day in your shoes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Did you go to work every day during in March and April of this year?  Courts were closed, right?  So there wasn’t one work form

home day for you? Hope you gave a rebate to the county. 

Aww, look at you making a laughably false equivalence.

32 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Aww, look at you making a laughably false equivalence.

So no rebate.  Did the ol’ “work from home” and then didn’t give the county the money back.  But the teachers can’t render instruction remotely and get paid for it.  Makes perfect sense!  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

So no rebate.  Did the ol’ “work from home” and then didn’t give the county the money back.  But the teachers can’t render instruction remotely and get paid for it.  Makes perfect sense!  

What month is this, chuckles?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Koko78 said:

What month is this, chuckles?

August, Clark.  When was your last jury trial?  Probably still doing virtual appearances.  Let me guess, got the Zoom mullet thing going on.  Business on top, shorts and sneakers on the bottom.  Yet the teachers shouldn’t get paid.  Makes. Perfect. Sense. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

August, Clark.  When was your last jury trial?  Probably still doing virtual appearances.  Let me guess, got the Zoom mullet thing going on.  Business on top, shorts and sneakers on the bottom.  Yet the teachers shouldn’t get paid.  Makes. Perfect. Sense. 

Ah, once again you are being disingenuous while making a stupid point.

That, scooter, is why you fail.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

On 8/15/2020 at 9:00 PM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

They should call this the Dred Scott Plan, where the children are 3/5th of a student at 100% the cost. 

$200m budget and they can’t provide online learning? 

I actually agree with you here.  What’s happened in Williamsville is a complete joke.  They’ll blame it on such things as the governor, the virus, and the attendant uncertainty.  But the reality (and this is coming from someone who has spent a lot of time on the reopening issue) Is the administrators are educators who aren’t used to the scrutiny and the level of detail that accompanies the reopening process.  The reopening plans, by and large, parrot NYSED guidelines without any specifics.  Nobody has an answer for a simple question like the location of the COVID room.  How the varying instructional models are going to work is beyond me.  

And, in any event, it’s all going to be a mess because everyone presumes rosy, best-case scenarios.  Nobody expect it to take 90 minutes to get the kids from the bus to the desk, and nobody expects the kids to do such things as be kids and remove a mask, or come to school without having a temp check, or break protocol and hug a friend or walk out of a lane in a hallway.  We’ve done a lot of hard work to get right on the virus issue, and unfortunately unprepared administrators and parents eager to warehouse their kids are going to mess it all up. 

3 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Ah, once again you are being disingenuous while making a stupid point.

That, scooter, is why you fail.

So what exactly have you been doing?  Virtual appearances?  Pleading out?  Suppression hearings probably on hold.  Not that it’s that busy in the boonies, anyway.  Local courts are just getting back online, so you probably haven’t done traffic court in awhile.  And yet you shouldn’t take a haircut, but the people who are working for free over the summer to get ready to get back to work in an unsafe environment should.  Makes. Perfect. Sense. 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

So what exactly have you been doing? 

My job.

16 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Makes. Perfect. Sense. 

Well, only if you squint, tilt your head 32 degrees to the left, and make repeated ignorant suppositions.

3 hours ago, Koko78 said:

My job.

Well, only if you squint, tilt your head 32 degrees to the left, and make repeated ignorant suppositions.

Your job apparently can be done remotely, and you apparently don’t believe that you should take a haircut for remote work.  Yet teachers should take the haircut.  So it’s OK for you to take 100% of your taxpayer-funded salary even when you’re “working from home,” but heaven forbid that somebody else does the same because it’s politically convenient for you to denigrate them, their profession, and their work.  Boonies logic from a boonies attorney. Have a nice day. 

Edited by SectionC3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Your job apparently can be done remotely, and you apparently you don’t believe that you should take a haircut for remote work.  Yet teachers should take the haircut.  So it’s OK for you to take 100% of your taxpayer-funded salary even when you’re “working from home,” but heaven forbid that somebody else does the same because it’s politically convenient for you to denigrate them, their profession, and their work.  Boonies logic from a boonies attorney. Have a nice day. 

30 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Your job apparently can be done remotely, and you apparently you don’t believe that you should take a haircut for remote work.  Yet teachers should take the haircut.  So it’s OK for you to take 100% of your taxpayer-funded salary even when you’re “working from home,” but heaven forbid that somebody else does the same because it’s politically convenient for you to denigrate them, their profession, and their work.  Boonies logic from a boonies attorney. Have a nice day. 

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

giphy.gif

If you’re going to communicate through a photo, it should at least accurately represent where you live and work.  Get a picture of a shack with a Trump flag on it, or a restaurant with a dusty deer head and some anti-immigrant paraphernalia.  Or some fatties who fear not coronary artery disease but who run terrified of people with brown skin.  That, at least, would be honest. 

Edited by SectionC3

If you’re going to communicate through a photo, it should at least accurately represent where you live and work.  Get a picture of a shack with a Trump flag on it, or a restaurant with a dusty deer head and some anti-immigrant paraphernalia.  Or some fatties who fear not coronary artery disease but who run terrified of people with coronary artery disease.  That, at least, would be honest. 

You're seriously going to lecture anyone about honesty?

• Like (+1) 1

2 weeks into full virtual "learning" here in my district and for my kids.

Absolute disaster.  It is flat out child abuse especially for kids in K-3.  I cannot tell you how awful it is to watch (I have a 2nd grader).  This is no fault of the teachers who if doing what they are actually trained to do are fantastic.  What's essentially happened is people who make a career as actors are now being told they have to be screenwriters.  Or you bake cakes for a living and are being told to be bartenders.  Oh but still bake the cakes.

The parents are calling schools with complaints on everything from confusion on the platforms, technical difficulties, and communication.  Lawsuits are being threatened because IEPs are not being followed or flat out ignored.  

I know one teacher sent out an email to their kids parents that this teacher was taking a rest day or two.  Then went off on social media about how unsustainable what they're being asked to do is.  

Yep.  And they asked for it.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

Try swallowing $58,000 per year for online. 

I think that is insane. That kind of money is for more than the education, it is for the connections.  I am not certain a zoom class gets you those kind of friendships that help later in life.

(thread)

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/25/2020 at 10:29 AM, SectionC3 said:

If you’re going to communicate through a photo, it should at least accurately represent where you live and work.  Get a picture of a shack with a Trump flag on it, or a restaurant with a dusty deer head and some anti-immigrant paraphernalia.  Or some fatties who fear not coronary artery disease but who run terrified of people with brown skin.  That, at least, would be honest. 

This type of condescension represents the worst type of liberal intolerance.  It also reflects poorly upon you as an independent thinker, and displays a level of bigotry hard to fathom in 2020.   

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This type of condescension represents the worst type of liberal intolerance.  It also reflects poorly upon you as an independent thinker, and displays a level of bigotry hard to fathom in 2020.   

It’s almost like we don’t have people getting choked out by cops in 2020 based on the color of their skin.  

And my point is an economic and practical one.  The people who support Trump most ardently are the ones he hates the most.  Howard Stern nailed it.  I’m sure it stings because we both know it’s absolutely true.   Poor white people have been pawns in this country for people like Trump for a long time. Today is akin to the early days of the confederacy.  Who, by and large, fought for the south?  Poor to middle class whites who didn’t own slaves.  They fought for what they didn’t almost surely would never have.  Poor to middle class Trumpers do the same. 

Edited by SectionC3
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Absolute disaster.  It is flat out child abuse especially for kids in K-3.  I cannot tell you how awful it is to watch (I have a 2nd grader).  This is no fault of the teachers who if doing what they are actually trained to do are fantastic.  What's essentially happened is people who make a career as actors are now being told they have to be screenwriters.  Or you bake cakes for a living and are being told to be bartenders.  Oh but still bake the cakes.

The parents are calling schools with complaints on everything from confusion on the platforms, technical difficulties, and communication.  Lawsuits are being threatened because IEPs are not being followed or flat out ignored.  

I know one teacher sent out an email to their kids parents that this teacher was taking a rest day or two.  Then went off on social media about how unsustainable what they're being asked to do is.  

...thankful I'm well beyond that dilemma......first, I AM NOT ASKING.........but I certainly do emphasize with parents, especially two income families trying to figure this out....just another of stress to deal with....who can stay home with kids?....do the employer(s) allow remote work?...if not, how does a two income family survive the financial hit?.....or absorb the additional expense of in home day care during remote learning days (bet rates have exponentially increased with demand)?.....with kids at school in their peer environment and parents at work, I guessing the 8 hour separation is mutually beneficial versus confined for 24/7/365.......the thought of mental stress and anxieties with unpredictable results scares the hell out of me.....best of luck in managing your personal situation friend :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

It’s almost like we don’t have people getting choked out by cops in 2020 based on the color of their skin.  

And my point is an economic and practical one.  The people who support Trump most ardently are the ones he hates the most.  Howard Stern nailed it.  I’m sure it stings because we both know it’s absolutely true.   Poor white people have been pawns in this country for people like Trump for a long time. Today is akin to the early days of the confederacy.  Who, by and large, fought for the south?  Poor to middle class whites who didn’t own slaves.  They fought for what they didn’t almost surely would never have.  Poor to middle class Trumpers do the same. 

Your point as laid out in your original post reflected arrogance typical of bigots throughout history.  Your attempt at characterization of the 60,000,000 (and growing) supporters of President Trump ignores the breadth of life experiences, issues of particular importance that may have lead them to support him, and paints a racial profile that works only when you’re communicating with the dim witted.  

I listened to Howard Stern faithfully back in the days of WNBC.  I laughed at many of the jokes, enjoyed it when he pushed the boundaries of good taste, and on occasion shut him off when he went too far for me.  One thing I never confused him with was a purveyor of factual information or as a wisened old sage that I should look to for guidance.  

But, if Houch is your go-to, have at it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I think that is insane. That kind of money is for more than the education, it is for the connections.  I am not certain a zoom class gets you those kind of friendships that help later in life.

(thread)

Gov. Blackface has been using the UVA models from the beginning.  Because why not.  

This is what those models said on May 28 as we essentially began entering our phase 3 (everything open with capacity limits):

Virginia’s COVID-19 restrictions prevented more than 700,000 cases of the virus, but new cases are expected to peak at between 5,000 and 9,300 a day in late July or early August, according to updated modeling from the University of Virginia.

"When the peak of new weekly cases comes, and how severe it is, depends on the extent to which residents practice social distancing, researchers say.

Under a “light rebound,” where Virginians’ social interactions return to one-sixth of pre-pandemic levels, the state’s peak of new confirmed cases is projected to come during the week ending Aug. 9, according to the latest UVA model. That scenario projects 38,546 new confirmed cases for the week."

Other models show Virginia reaching as many as 2,423 deaths by the end of June, according to researchers at the University of Massachusetts.

https://richmond.com/special-report/coronavirus/virginia-could-peak-at-more-than-5-000-new-covid-19-cases-a-day-this/article_a6dedb98-c7c6-5973-b17a-ebfb3284211c.html

5K to 9k cases a day.  With mitigation lol.  That would be in Texas territory.  Not even Georgia, that opened back up in late April has hit 3 to 4K cases a day.  

We are at barely 1000k a day right now and were around 800-900 for a month.  

And we did hit 2400 deaths (60% in assisted living facilities) but not at the end of June. 

We hit that number this last week.

I'm assuming all these modelers have been fired.  Probably not.  

Media isn't interested in how wrong the models have been. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...thankful I'm well beyond that dilemma......first, I AM NOT ASKING.........but I certainly do emphasize with parents, especially two income families trying to figure this out....just another of stress to deal with....who can stay home with kids?....do the employer(s) allow remote work?...if not, how does a two income family survive the financial hit?.....or absorb the additional expense of in home day care during remote learning days (bet rates have exponentially increased with demand)?.....with kids at school in their peer environment and parents at work, I guessing the 8 hour separation is mutually beneficial versus confined for 24/7/365.......the thought of mental stress and anxieties with unpredictable results scares the hell out of me.....best of luck in managing your personal situation friend :thumbsup:

Thanks.  

Trust me, it's the kids I'm concerned about.  I know my 2nd grader is depressed.  She wants to be in school.  

My 8th grader she is built to be in school with her friends and all that you get from being there.  She is currently very resentful at everything.

I'm just as concerned about managing well being as I am their content.  Which is nearly impossible to keep up with when you get 20 emails a day with long drawn out explanations of what their class is doing.  You cant keep up.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Your point as laid out in your original post reflected arrogance typical of bigots throughout history.  Your attempt at characterization of the 60,000,000 (and growing) supporters of President Trump ignores the breadth of life experiences, issues of particular importance that may have lead them to support him, and paints a racial profile that works only when you’re communicating with the dim witted.  

I listened to Howard Stern faithfully back in the days of WNBC.  I laughed at many of the jokes, enjoyed it when he pushed the boundaries of good taste, and on occasion shut him off when he went too far for me.  One thing I never confused him with was a purveyor of factual information or as a wisened old sage that I should look to for guidance.  

But, if Houch is your go-to, have at it. 

I don't listen to him.  I don't care for his act.  But he is obviously smart.  And, in this instance, right. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I don't listen to him.  I don't care for his act.  But he is obviously smart.  And, in this instance, right. 

He’s a brilliant entertainer in the sense he pushes buttons and has some folks off quoting him as if it matters.  They see his brilliance and recognize that in spite of nearly 4 decades of saying whatever pushes his ratings or furthers his career, THIS time he’s being completely vulnerable and candid. 

Interestingly,  during the 2016 election, when “DJT as President” made people laugh, he spoke highly of him and supported his candidacy.  It’s like, suddenly something changed.  (Hint: it didn’t, just recognize the pattern)

Howard Stern, statesman. 

?

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

On 8/29/2020 at 1:43 AM, Big Blitz said:

In Orange County FL we could choose face to face or online and more than half chose online and within the 3 weeks I have had many parents tell me wish they had chosen face to face. I honestly want to ask what the heck they thought would happen? Kids need to be socialized and it is much easier to to teach face to face. 3 parents have said they will change them at the end of first quarter for sure but by then the year is destroyed for these kids they will be too far behind. My two kids are at school, happy and safe, and simply must follow a few extra rules, and the only complaint is the mask being required the entire time while in class.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1