Covid 19 vs Trump

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

My question to you is what do we do people who refuse to wear masks? Are you going to arrest them? I ask this in all seriousness because at this point with or without a law people are generally wearing a mask and some are not just to be defiant. I personally wear my mask almost all the time I am outside my house but don't see an appropriate punishment for those who will not listen. 

If it is state mandate.   YES.  They are endangering other peoples lives.

If you have aids and spit on someone face and eyes.  You can be charged and go to jail.  If the person dies its a murder charge.

Many people have been arrested for stupid antimasking "crimes" from coughing in their face and licking them.

A Florid couple in Key West was just arrested

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Jose Freire Interian was walking his dog near his Key West home when a neighbor began recording him on her cellphone. Hours later, police came knocking on his door with an arrest warrant and whisked Freire and his wife to the county jail.

The charge: violating quarantine after testing positive for COVID-19.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/florida-pair-arrested-breaking-covid-201643044.html

19 minutes ago, jburt2625 said:

100% me and my family. my daughter has an autoimmune disease and we arent taking any chances. If we are in stores around people not wearing them we simply walk away from them. Not going to make a big stink about it bit not going near them either. We still have not been out to eat. We do take out but that's our limit. 

I don't blame you, I would do the same if my child had that too. I hope and pray she stays safe.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Capco said:

There is nothing protecting the protesters other than a common sense that many Americans seem to lack when it comes to wearing masks. 

In addition, outdoor transmission isn’t as bad as indoor transmission. Seeing hundreds or thousands at these large political rallies (that the Democrats are not holding, btw) or these giant gatherings at places of recreation where no one is wearing a mask concerns me a heck of a lot more.

But yes, it’s undeniable that having large groups of protesters in the streets is less safe than having them all quarantine themselves at home. At the same time, the protests are organic and it’s impossible to expect them all to go home and wait out the coronavirus before picking up their protests again.

Let me put it this way: if a pandemic had occurred during the 60’s, would protesters of that time put the Civil Rights Movement on hold?

Bona fide organizations on the other hand... like, you know, political parties and the federal government... have that ability to organize themselves to fit the situation at hand. 

Thanks for replying, but we'll have to agree to disagree. 

The reality is that the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s, for all the good that followed, it occurred half-a-century ago.  Our country today is not the country of the 1960s, and our ability to connect almost instantaneously dwarves the communication at that time.  The mass notification to the hundreds of thousands of protestors that they are risking the lives of themselves and they know via Facebook, Insta, Tik Tok, and loudspeaker could certainly include "We Stand With You, But A Whole Hell of a Lot of You are Going to Be Infected and Die from COVID 19" if necessary. 

The theory that the outdoor nature of the protests somehow magically prevents wide scale transmission if the intellectual equivalent of suggesting we don't need security features on airliners--we really just need to close the door to the cockpit.  It's silly and no offense intended, but it borders on the moronic. Some in the crowd are screaming, crying, yelling, tearful, physical--and the spittle surely flies and again--they all arrive from somewhere, somehow. 

I've come to the conclusion that while the virus is dangerous, we're all being played.  Or, maybe the political leaders actually want protestors infect and dying for any number of reasons.  

Thanks for the feedback though--you're a good egg. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Capco said:

Let me put it this way: if a pandemic had occurred during the 60’s, would protesters of that time put the Civil Rights Movement on hold?

Let me get this right: the intentional harming of people and destruction of personal, state and federal property with the sole admitted intention of BLM to lead to a Marxist society and the destruction of the nuclear family is equal to the Civil Rights Movement?

You may want to spend more time reading an less time posting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

If it is state mandate.   YES.  They are endangering other peoples lives.

If you have aids and spit on someone face and eyes.  You can be charged and go to jail.  If the person dies its a murder charge.

Many people have been arrested for stupid antimasking "crimes" from coughing in their face and licking them.

A Florid couple in Key West was just arrested

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Jose Freire Interian was walking his dog near his Key West home when a neighbor began recording him on her cellphone. Hours later, police came knocking on his door with an arrest warrant and whisked Freire and his wife to the county jail.

The charge: violating quarantine after testing positive for COVID-19.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/florida-pair-arrested-breaking-covid-201643044.html

They were arrested for knowingly having Covid and not quarantining, which is much different than not wearing a mask. Also you are ok with poor people being arrested at a much higher rate than rich? Poor live in tighter quarters and have more interactions with cops, therefore more arrest from no mask.

8 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

If you have aids and spit on someone face and eyes.  You can be charged and go to jail.

That's been proven wrong repeatedly over the years. Saliva has enzymes that kill the virus

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

They were arrested for knowingly having Covid and not quarantining, which is much different than not wearing a mask. Also you are ok with poor people being arrested at a much higher rate than rich? Poor live in tighter quarters and have more interactions with cops, therefore more arrest from no mask.

Yeah, makes you wonder why Little Cuomo wasn't arrested when he was out and about during his supposed battle with Rona doesn't it?

9 hours ago, Capco said:

There is nothing protecting the protesters other than a common sense that many Americans seem to lack when it comes to wearing masks. 

In addition, outdoor transmission isn’t as bad as indoor transmission. Seeing hundreds or thousands at these large political rallies (that the Democrats are not holding, btw) or these giant gatherings at places of recreation where no one is wearing a mask concerns me a heck of a lot more.

But yes, it’s undeniable that having large groups of protesters in the streets is less safe than having them all quarantine themselves at home. At the same time, the protests are organic and it’s impossible to expect them all to go home and wait out the coronavirus before picking up their protests again.

Bona fide organizations on the other hand... like, you know, political parties and the federal government... have that ability to organize themselves to fit the situation at hand. 

Seriously, why do you think the dems or Joe Biden aren't holding any large rallies? 

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

Early in the pandemic crisis, Covid Donnie and his sycophants seemed to have put political considerations ahead of a national plan to combat Covid-19:

How Jared Kushner's Secret Testing Plan Went 'Poof' into Thin Air

I generally do not go to vanity fair for my hard hitting news, but since everything you believe is made up I guess this qualifies as a "quality source" to you, just like Rolling Stones for rape allegations, and CNN for Covid cases for Cuomo. 

August 1, 2020 - 153,314 Americans have died of coronavirus.n

Average daily deaths, July 29-July 31, 2020:  1352

July 31, 2020 - Covid Donnie visited Florida where the coronavirus is still raging and addressed a crowd on the airport tarmac without a mask in sight among Covid Donnie, his staff, and his audience.

July 31, 2020 - 30 MLB games have been suspended since the league started 9 days ago after 2 members of the Brewers tested positive.  MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred warns that the season may be in danger.

July 31, 2020 - 152,070 Americans have died of coronavirus, 1244 single day death toll

July 30, 2020 - 150,713 Americans have died of coronavirus, 1357 single day death toll

July 29, 2020 - 149,258 Americans have died of coronavirus, 1455 single day death toll

July 28, 2020  - 148,056 Americans have died of coronavirus, 1202 single day death toll

July 21, 2020  - 140,908 American have died of coronavirus.

Average daily deaths, July 21-28, 2020:  1,021

Edited by SoTier

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

July 31, 2020 - Covid Donnie visited Florida where the coronavirus is still raging and addressed a crowd on the airport tarmac without a mask in sight among Covid Donnie, his staff, and his audience.

July 31, 2020 - 30 MLB games have been suspended since the league started 9 days ago after 2 members of the Brewers tested positive.  MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred warns that the season may be in danger.

July 31, 2020 - 152,070 Americans have died of coronavirus, 1244 single day death toll

July 30, 2020 - 150,713 Americans have died of coronavirus, 1357 single day death toll

July 29, 2020 - 149,258 Americans have died of coronavirus, 1455 single day death toll

July 28, 2020  - 148,056 Americans have died of coronavirus, 1202 single day death toll

How many deaths would you think come from mass protests?  You’re running the daily death toll, you seem very dialed in to the crisis, must have an opinion?  

18 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

if you are asymptomatic then what ?

you would actually risk infections a loved one,

putting them in a hospital, possibly for months and risk their death?

are you Pro Life ?

13 hours ago, Cinga said:

That's been proven wrong repeatedly over the years. Saliva has enzymes that kill the virus

then why do doctors wear face shields?

have you seen what dentists have to do to be safe?

do some research 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SoTier said:

...I do like your lawn sign................

Trump 2020 sign | Zazzle.com | Custom yard signs, Advertising ...

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

then why do doctors wear face shields?

have you seen what dentists have to do to be safe?

do some research 

I have since I have friends that are HIV positive. You've done the same as many others and accepted bogus science.

Can you get HIV or AIDS through saliva?
Although HIV can be detected in saliva, it can't be passed to other people through kissing because a combination of antibodies and enzymes found naturally in saliva prevent HIV infecting new cells. How HIV is spread. The most common way that HIV is spread is through sexual intercourse, including oral and anal sex.
www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/3099.aspx?CategoryID=118

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I do like your lawn sign................

Trump 2020 sign | Zazzle.com | Custom yard signs, Advertising ...

I Traveled through several PA counties including Erie, Warren, McKean and Forest and the NY counties of Chautauqua and Cattaraugus in the last week. While I saw hundreds of Trump signs I only saw 3 Biden signs. Granted, those were mostly rural or small towns but even so, the enthusiasm disparity is great. 

• Like (+1) 1

August 2, 2020 - 154,449 Americans have died of coronavirus

Average daily deaths, July 29-August  1, 2020:  1298

August 1, 2020 - 153,314 Americans have died of coronavirus, 1135 single day death toll

August 3, 2020 - 155,191 Americans have died of coronavirus

Average daily deaths, July 29-August  2, 2020: 1187

The 411 deaths on August 2 was the first time in the last 7 days in which daily coronavirus deaths fell below 1,000

August 2, 2020 - 154,449 Americans have died of coronavirus, 411single day death toll as of 6 AM.  This total was increased to 742 as of 6 PM.

August 1, 2020 - 153,314 Americans have died of coronavirus, 1135 single day death toll

Edited by SoTier
Johns Hopkins changed the death count for August 2. 2020.

On 7/10/2020 at 10:39 AM, SoTier said:

The ironic thing is that doing the right thing -- not politicizing Covid-19, insisting that states only open when they met the metrics established by the various public health experts, and leading by example by simply wearing a mask, not encouraging mass indoor gatherings, etc -- would have made Trump appear to be a competent leader dealing with a great crisis rather than a meglomaniac who doesn't care how many Americans suffer so he can be re-elected.   That he was too stupid and too narcissistic to put anything above his own wants has demonstrated to the American people just how unfit for the office of POTUS Trump is.

The ball was on the tee at the edge of the fence-line, and he confidently and proudly buried it into the wall.

• Like (+1) 1

At his coronavirus news conference today, Covid Donnie called Dr Deborah Birx "pathetic" after she warned that the coronavirus was extremely widespread and likely to spread into rural areas in an interview with CNN.  

He also claimed that he "thinks that we're doing well" dealing with the coronavirus and that he disagreed with Admiral Giroir that hydrooxychloroquine was not effective, and that the US should move on from it.

August 4, 2020 - 156,133 Americans have died of corona virus

August 3, 2020 - in an interview with Jonathan Swann on Axios, Covid Donnie ran out his same claims that the US has so many cases because the US has done so much testing, the very same BS he spouted back in June when the death toll was thousands less.   When Swann confronted him with the death toll of around 1,000 Americans a day, Covid Donnie dismissed him by saying "it is what it is".

Average daily deaths from coronavirus, July 29-August  3, 2020: 1146

August 3, 2020 - 155,191 Americans have died of coronavirus; 942 single day death toll

August 2, 2020 - 154,449 Americans have died of coronavirus, 742 single day death toll.

Average daily deaths from coronavirus, July 21-28, 2020:  1,021

Edited by SoTier

August 5, 2020 - 157,854 Americans have died of coronavirus

August 5, 2020 - Covid Donnie once again insisted at his news briefing that the coronavirus "would disappear", something he's been claiming since March.

Average daily deaths from coronavirus, July 29-August  4, 2020: 1122

August 4, 2020 - 156,133 Americans have died of coronavirus

July 28, 2020  - 148,056 Americans have died of coronavirus

•  

August 6, 2020 - 159,600 Americans have died of coronavirus

August 6, 2020 - Ohio GOP governor Mike Dewine tested positive for Covid-19 just before he was scheduled to meet with Covid Donnie.  Dewine is the third individual scheduled to meet with Trump that has tested positive in the last week.

August 6, 2020 - Covid Donnie claims that there could be a vaccine for the coronavirus by election day despite his own doctors saying that a vaccination by the end of the year is the best case scenario.

August 6, 2020 - the U of Washington researchers whose model showed that 157,000 Americans were likely to die from coronavirus by August 8 now say that it's possible that 295,000 Americans could die by December 1, 2020.

August 5, 2020 - Covid Donnie claimed children are "virtually immune" to the coronavirus despite the fact that 350,000 children have already been infected with Covid-19 in the US.   Facebook and Twitter removed the video of his claim.

August 5, 2020 - 157,854 Americans have died of coronavirus with a single day death toll: 1746

July 21, 2020  - 140,908 American have died of coronavirus

Edited by SoTier

August 6, 2020 - 159,600 Americans have died of coronavirus with a single day death toll of 1137.

Governor Andrew Cuomo gave permission for schools throughout New York,  once the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak,  to reopen with face-to-face instruction.   This includes the NYC public schools.

August 5, 2020 - 157,854 Americans have died of coronavirus with a single day death toll: 1746

Average daily deaths from coronavirus, August 5-6, 2020: 1442

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

150,000 people die EVERY YEAR from lung cancer. Biden was VP for eight years and did NOTHING. So that puts over ONE MILLION deaths around his woke neck....right? 

Nevermind the 500-600k that die each and every year from heart disease. A completely preventable condition.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I might be a little slow on this but the title of this thread is telling- Covid vs Trump. As if Trump is fighting it alone, because Dems are not fighting to save Americans. 

Trump is not fighting to save any of us - not even our soldiers.

image.thumb.jpeg.d5123b9da1c4943c73ebb067e955c604.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

At his private club. 

peaceful protesters not wearing masks lauded by the Idiot in Chief. 

What a buffoon. 

They weren’t lauded. He was asked by some witless reporter to publicly chastise his fellow citizens and he refused to do it. I’ll vote for that kind of President every day! And so should you. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/2/2020 at 6:53 AM, SoTier said:

August 2, 2020 - 154,449 Americans have died of coronavirus

Average daily deaths, July 29-August  1, 2020:  1298

...YAWN......our daily dose of breaking news from Jamestown NY........next up is "How to Boil Water" at Wegmans followed by "How To Watch Paint Dry" at Home Depot......

August 8, 2020 - 162,382 Americans have died of coronavirus with a single death toll of  1539.

August 7, 2020 - 160,843 Americans have died of coronavirus with a single day death toll of 1243.

August 6, 2020 - 159,600 Americans have died of coronavirus with a single day death toll of 1137.

Average daily deaths from coronavirus, August 5-8, 2020: 1416