Covid 19 vs Trump

10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Just heard that many Florida labs are reporting positive tests but not negative results. That would certainly skew the figures. 

no doubt!

the true mortality rate has to account for all known cases and all projected and not tested cases. According to the cdc a couple months ago, they estimated the death rate based on that to be 0.26% (0.4% for just tested cases). This is highly skewed by the elderly population and the population of those with co-morbidities. the under 50 and otherwise healthy death rate on this was less that 0.1%

On 7/14/2020 at 9:18 PM, 3rdnlng said:

Link?

Testing Positivity by States

Today's stats:   18 states Including the District of Columbia had positivity rates of less than 5% while 33 states had positvity rates higher, including Arizona (24.70%),  Florida (18.71%), South Carolina (18.06), and Texas (17.08%).

July 15, 2020 : more than 137,000 Americans have died of Covid-19 while Covid Donnie visited Atlanta today without wearing a mask and without talking about Covid-19;

12 hours ago, dubs said:

0.26%

That number is one of several numbers from studies trying to determine how deadly an infection is.   It varies depending by location and by the demographics of the population studied.   The Infection Fatality Rate is NOT the same as the Case Fatality Rate, which is the number of confirmed deaths from a disease divided by the number of confirmed cases of that disease.    Infection Fatality Rate

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

That number is one of several numbers from studies trying to determine how deadly an infection is.   It varies depending by location and by the demographics of the population studied.   The Infection Fatality Rate is NOT the same as the Case Fatality Rate, which is the number of confirmed deaths from a disease divided by the number of confirmed cases of that disease.    Infection Fatality Rate

Total BS to justify holding everyone hostage to shake trillions more out of us...

It's Extortion via the spreading of irrational fear...

Enjoy your mask...

11 hours ago, SoTier said:

Testing Positivity by States

Today's stats:   18 states Including the District of Columbia had positivity rates of less than 5% while 33 states had positvity rates higher, including Arizona (24.70%),  Florida (18.71%), South Carolina (18.06), and Texas (17.08%).

July 15, 2020 : more than 137,000 Americans have died of Covid-19 while Covid Donnie visited Atlanta today without wearing a mask and without talking about Covid-19;

You still didn't provide the link for the information you previously provided. 

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

You still didn't provide the link for the information you previously provided. 

That's the site that I got it from.  It changes daily as the situations in the states change.

4 hours ago, Reality Check said:

Total BS to justify holding everyone hostage to shake trillions more out of us...

It's Extortion via the spreading of irrational fear...

Enjoy your mask...

So, people aren't really dying in record numbers from Covid-19?  Florida hospitals aren't really converting regular beds into ICU beds to deal with the pandemic?  There aren't really counties in Texas and Arizona readying refrigerated trucks to serve as auxiliary morgues?  

If the Covid-19 pandemic was a war, the 137,000+ Americans who have died between March 1 and July15, 2020 would be more than the number of American military personnel who died in any US war except for the Civil War and World War II ... including the Revolution, WW I, and Vietnam.  

In fact, the 137,000 deaths from Covid-19 is more than 10% of the total number of American military deaths in all wars since 1776.  

US Military Casualties

Edited by SoTier

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I’d watched as the president downplayed the outbreak’s severity and as the White House failed to issue public warnings, draw up a 50-state strategy, or dispatch medical gear or lifesaving ventilators from the national stockpile to American hospitals. Eventually, it was clear that waiting around for the president to run the nation’s response was hopeless; if we delayed any longer, we’d be condemning more of our citizens to suffering and death. So every governor went their own way, which is how the United States ended up with such a patchwork response. I did the best I could for Maryland. Here’s what we saw and heard from Washington along the way.

Trump’s first public utterance about the coronavirus set the tone for everything that followed. He was in Davos, Switzerland, on Jan. 22, after the first American diagnosis. “Are there worries about a pandemic at this point?” asked CNBC anchor Joe Kernen.

“We have it totally under control,” Trump responded unhesitatingly. “It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” And off the president went for the next eight weeks. The rest of January and February were peppered with cheerful or sarcastic comments and tweets, minimizing the outbreak’s severity and the need for Americans to do much of anything.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, SoTier said:

So, people aren't really dying in record numbers from Covid-19?  Florida hospitals aren't really converting regular beds into ICU beds to deal with the pandemic?  There aren't really counties in Texas and Arizona readying refrigerated trucks to serve as auxiliary morgues?  

If the Covid-19 pandemic was a war, the 137,000+ Americans who have died between March 1 and July15, 2020 would be more than the number of American military personnel who died in any US war except for the Civil War and World War II ... including the Revolution, WW I, and Vietnam.  

In fact, the 137,000 deaths from Covid-19 is more than 10% of the total number of American military deaths in all wars since 1776.  

US Military Casualties

The only area of Florida that is danger is in deep blue territory where people voted overwhelming against Trump, and are very much do as I say not as I do. I do not believe the sky is falling crap because NY never needed a single extra ventilator, and only sent less than 100 to the ship Trump sent to help out NYC. We need to reopen the schools while giving parents options if their children are high risk, and we need to stop liberals from ruining everything by packing into beaches and bars.

40 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I’d watched as the president downplayed the outbreak’s severity and as the White House failed to issue public warnings, draw up a 50-state strategy, or dispatch medical gear or lifesaving ventilators from the national stockpile to American hospitals. Eventually, it was clear that waiting around for the president to run the nation’s response was hopeless; if we delayed any longer, we’d be condemning more of our citizens to suffering and death. So every governor went their own way, which is how the United States ended up with such a patchwork response. I did the best I could for Maryland. Here’s what we saw and heard from Washington along the way.

Trump’s first public utterance about the coronavirus set the tone for everything that followed. He was in Davos, Switzerland, on Jan. 22, after the first American diagnosis. “Are there worries about a pandemic at this point?” asked CNBC anchor Joe Kernen.

“We have it totally under control,” Trump responded unhesitatingly. “It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” And off the president went for the next eight weeks. The rest of January and February were peppered with cheerful or sarcastic comments and tweets, minimizing the outbreak’s severity and the need for Americans to do much of anything.

Gee, aren't those 8 weeks when he shut down travel from China and Europe?

16 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Next time I run into Larry Hogan, the author of that piece and the Republican Governor of Maryland, I’ll make sure to ask him. 

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Next time I run into Larry Hogan, the author of that piece and the Republican Governor of Maryland, I’ll make sure to ask him. 

Do what you want. Unlike you, I already know the answer. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Might want to check how porous that shutdown was Ace...

You can check with Chuck Woolery.......DOH!

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/27/2020 at 8:30 AM, Reality Check said:

If only Emperor Xi was our president. We need to be more like China.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/satellite-images-show-major-chinese-troop-expansion-site-india-border-clash

In China we trust.

Trump just stole covid numbers so yea, your wish came true. we are basically no better than China now reporting covid numbers 

• Like (+1) 2