2020 Election is officially Trump vs Biden

10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

so... let me see if i have this right.

you didn't read the entire post yet you feel compelled to respond? this is why you can not be taken seriously here, i mean this should be obvious to even you, right?

Well yes. He started with utterly flawed logic, which I pointed out and and was all I responded to.

This should be obvious to even you, right?

10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

also, money also invites lawsuits. but you knew that.

Sure. It can.

But his premise was that Trump was squeaky clean up until recently whereas Biden had decades of the things he brought up.

That premise is clearly false.

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Once per decade?

Go back to school. Simple math is not your strong suit.

Maybe you're just blinded by love for the orange man. :wub:

How many accusations were directed at Bill Cosby? I don’t buy the sexual abuse allegations that disappear immediately after an election.

Edited by Troll Toll

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Well yes. He started with utterly flawed logic, which I pointed out and and was all I responded to.

Sure. It can.

But his premise was that Trump was squeaky clean up until recently whereas Biden had decades of the things he brought up.

That premise is clearly false.

Oh, now I get it.  You’re referring to the many, many many investigative reports conducted by ABC, NBC MSNBC and the like when DJT’s hit television show The Apprentice was on the air from 2004-2017.  I had forgotten the hard-hitting expose on Trump, and of course all the stories the ran in the years leading up to the series premiere.  All they talked about 24/7 was Trump being a racist, Trump being a sexual predator.  You couldn’t get away from it. 60 minutes. Dateline. NBC News with Brian Williams.

Remember when they brought him down?

It was balls to walls coverage. 

Same when he was promoting Art of The Deal. When it hit the NYT bestseller list, remember how the entire staff walked out in protest? 

What about when Clinton’s watchdog, Mueller, when he had unlimited scope and power to investigateTrump for anything, and that scathing report of criminal racist behavior and the many crimes that he was charged with.  

Or not. 

If you believing I believe DJT is “squeaky clean” helps assuage a troubled conscience as you vote for Dirty Hands Joe, I’ll carry the burden, chuckling along the way.  You crack me up! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I hate to get into this thread yet, as Joey Fingers is not yet the candidate (I believe he will be, he just isn't the nominee yet), buuuuut...

Enthusiasm like you wouldn't believe!! Look at that rally (second tweet)

Well, you've just got to hand it to Biden.

I mean, which other presidential candidate in US history could hold a mass rally in a phone booth and STILL maintain social distancing requirements?

A truly unique political specimen is our Sleepy Joe.

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Oh, now I get it.  You’re referring to the many, many many investigative reports conducted by ABC, NBC MSNBC and the like when DJT’s hit television show The Apprentice was on the air from 2004-2017.  I had forgotten the hard-hitting expose on Trump, and of course all the stories the ran in the years leading up to the series premiere.  All they talked about 24/7 was Trump being a racist, Trump being a sexual predator.  You couldn’t get away from it. 60 minutes. Dateline. NBC News with Brian Williams.

Remember when they brought him down?

It was balls to walls coverage. 

Same when he was promoting Art of The Deal. When it hit the NYT bestseller list, remember how the entire staff walked out in protest? 

What about when Clinton’s watchdog, Mueller, when he had unlimited scope and power to investigateTrump for anything, and that scathing report of criminal racist behavior and the many crimes that he was charged with.  

Or not. 

If you believing I believe DJT is “squeaky clean” helps assuage a troubled conscience as you vote for Dirty Hands Joe, I’ll carry the burden, chuckling along the way.  You crack me up! 

This is revealing.

You don't actually care if someone has had racist or sexually deviant tendencies. What you care about is the balance or imbalance of how it's covered by the media, which you seem to perceive as evil and too powerful.

Strange that you don't actually care about your President and his well-documented history of racism and sexual assault and misconduct. Instead you just care about how the media chose not to cover those documented cases sufficiently enough for you to prove the media didn't have it's own agenda.

Do yourself a favor. Do some independent thinking. That doesn't mean ignoring mainstream media... that's pure laziness. Pay attention to mainstream media along with all the underground conspiratorial media you look at, too. Filter out the bias, but even in that biased mainstream media, you're still going to find legitimate reporting of facts, like the fact that even though the devious media didn't cover it enough to your liking, Donald Trump has a decades long history of racism and sexual assault/misconduct.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

With the new weekly definitions of racism that are continually casting a wider net, im 100% confident we will be electing a racist President each and every election going forward. 

Trumps a racist? That's so 2016. Everyone is a racist in 2020.

• Like (+1) 1

I just wonder how many Americans are not aware that Trump is going to hold a rally in a closed door arena during this pandemic. The reaction of actually seeing such a stupid, reckless act will shock yet more Americans. 

Throw this bum out! 

5 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

With the new weekly definitions of racism that are continually casting a wider net, im 100% confident we will be electing a racist President each and every election going forward. 

Trumps a racist? That's so 2016. Everyone is a racist in 2020.

I honestly thought we had all been anointed racists in 2008.  ?‍♂️  They are repeating an old playbook.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is revealing.

You don't actually care if someone has had racist or sexually deviant tendencies. What you care about is the balance or imbalance of how it's covered by the media, which you seem to perceive as evil and too powerful.

Strange that you don't actually care about your President and his well-documented history of racism and sexual assault and misconduct. Instead you just care about how the media chose not to cover those documented cases sufficiently enough for you to prove the media didn't have it's own agenda.

Do yourself a favor. Do some independent thinking. That doesn't mean ignoring mainstream media... that's pure laziness. Pay attention to mainstream media along with all the underground conspiratorial media you look at, too. Filter out the bias, but even in that biased mainstream media, you're still going to find legitimate reporting of facts, like the fact that even though the devious media didn't cover it enough to your liking, Donald Trump has a decades long history of racism and sexual assault/misconduct.

Thank you.  For what it's worth, I generally consider, but usually disregard, advice from the following parties.  This is not a complete list:

• The guy running the 3 Card Monte game on the streets of NYC;
  • A televangelist, especially those who's name end in a ''y", as in Jimmy;
  • Anyone with the last name of Kardashian, or those otherwise advertising as a "social influencer";
  • Affable Internet posters who, while well-intentioned, seem emotionally overburdened and who display a consistent and stunning lack of self-awareness;

I'll offer advice in kind, but mine will be something useful to you if you absorb it: 

When you advocate "independent thinking" and then point to the consumption of the 'mainstream media',  by definition, you're following the herd. Additionally, please consider the relative independence of news organizations that pick up stories from a source such as the Associated Press or Reuters.  In essence, your argument is "INDEPENDENT THINKERS MEETING AT 4PM, MEET AT THE BEIGE SIGN!  WEAR CREAM COLORED SHIRTS AND KHAKIS SO WE CAN TELL EACH OTHER APART!"

I agree with you whole heartedly that I am 'going to find legitimate reporting" in virtually every source I use...were you under the impression that I felt otherwise?  Speaking candidly, that's on you, not me.

You've indicated that I peruse "underground conspiratorial media".  In our conversations, I have referenced the Washington Post, NYT, major news networks such as ABC, NBC, and CBS.  The WaPo reference was in reply to your link.  You also linked on two separate occasions the venerable Vox site, and I simply pointed out problems with the articles posted.  One was due to obvious hypocrisy, the other due to a gross misrepresentation of DJTs stand on illegal immigration.  

So...do tell, what  'underground conspiratorial media" sources have I referenced in our conversation or for that matter, any posting I have made?

I'm a mainstream guy.  I get along with people.  I engage with people.  I read 85% of "The Creature From Jeckyl Island" and stopped because it was keeping me up at night.    I value relationships, am willing to listen to the opinions of others and my most aggressive conspiracy theory is that the concept that the two party system is an illusion. If you have something else, please, feel free to share. 

What I have recounted regarding Joe Biden is a matter of public record.  The reporting of your beloved and edgy mainstream media----just a  second, gotta pay a bill here---Sponsored by Gillette Razors, the best a man can get!---is also a matter of public record.  They missed on Russia, intentionally or not.  There was no widespread consensus reporting on a major media figure as DJT being the man you have suggested he is over multiple decades.  I've seen stories on banks, insurance companies, Johnson Baby Powder, Bernie Madoff, Lance Armstrong, the Police and so on---and again, you zip your coat up, pull the hood down over your ears and suggest I'm being too hard on them.  

You've made your peace with Joe Biden.  He's your guy.  Put the sign on the lawn.  As I said, when January comes, all you really seem to care about his that Joe Biden will be the 46th Predator of the United States. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm resigned to  a Biden presidency. it will be fun, and at this point what does it matter?

Criminals run the show now with their idiot minions and regular people don't seem to have an appetite

to say it or act out against it. 

America will never be able to close the debt of the deficit. It's all over folks.

Edited by Unforgiven
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Unforgiven said:

I'm resigned to  a Biden presidency.

You think so? Remember a thing called the Bradley Effect? Well imagine a world where tweeting the wrong political opinion or liking the wrong candidate on Facebook gets you shunned, flamed, even fired and ruined. Someone you don't know calls you up and asks who you're voting for. What do you expect the polls are going to say?

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

I'm resigned to  a Biden presidency. it will be fun, and at this point what does it matter?

Criminals run the show now with their idiot minions and regular people don't seem to have an appetite

to say it or act out against it. 

America will never be able to close the debt of the deficit. It's all over folks.

“fun”.

6 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Thank you.  For what it's worth, I generally consider, but usually disregard, advice from the following parties.  This is a complete list:

• Anyone on a message board 

Now you’re getting it. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

A new national Ipsos/Reuters poll finds that former Vice President Joe Biden leads President Donald Trump 48% to 35%.

While Biden has led Trump in almost every Ipsos poll this year, his advantage this week is the largest in 2020.

What's the point: Even though the national polls were accurate in 2016, one of the complaints I hear most often about the polls is that Trump's supporters are either lying or won't talk to pollsters. Polls like Ipsos get around that argument because they use machines (e.g. they're done online) to conduct the interviews. There's no reason to lie to a machine. If Trump was doing significantly better in these non-live interview polls, then these critics of the polls may have a point.

There's no indication over the last month in the non-live interview polls that Trump supporters last month are merely saying that they are "undecided" right now.

Nor is there any reason to think that the surveys are shifting because Democrats are more likely to answer polls these days. Many of these non-live interview pollsters weight by party identification, so they're less susceptible to fewer Republicans responding than have over the long term (like when the race for president was closer).

I also checked out the state polling done since the protests began. Averaging the non-live interview polls just like I did for the national polls, I found on average that Biden's margin was 9 points bigger than Hillary Clinton's was. A 9-point shift in Biden's direction nationally from 2016 would give him an 11-point lead nationally, which is around where the national polls have the race.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Slow Joe ain’t out there fundraising. Makes me wonder where the money is coming from. ?

I get that you guys are in denial about this but I'll say it anyway:

Hatred for Donald Trump is doing most of the fundraising for Biden and it's what's going to get people out to vote against Trump in November.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

A new national Ipsos/Reuters poll finds that former Vice President Joe Biden leads President Donald Trump 48% to 35%.

While Biden has led Trump in almost every Ipsos poll this year, his advantage this week is the largest in 2020.

What's the point: Even though the national polls were accurate in 2016, one of the complaints I hear most often about the polls is that Trump's supporters are either lying or won't talk to pollsters. Polls like Ipsos get around that argument because they use machines (e.g. they're done online) to conduct the interviews. There's no reason to lie to a machine. If Trump was doing significantly better in these non-live interview polls, then these critics of the polls may have a point.

There's no indication over the last month in the non-live interview polls that Trump supporters last month are merely saying that they are "undecided" right now.

Nor is there any reason to think that the surveys are shifting because Democrats are more likely to answer polls these days. Many of these non-live interview pollsters weight by party identification, so they're less susceptible to fewer Republicans responding than have over the long term (like when the race for president was closer).

I also checked out the state polling done since the protests began. Averaging the non-live interview polls just like I did for the national polls, I found on average that Biden's margin was 9 points bigger than Hillary Clinton's was. A 9-point shift in Biden's direction nationally from 2016 would give him an 11-point lead nationally, which is around where the national polls have the race.

Good point. No one’s ever had their information stolen off the internet and used against them before. 

Joe Biden Refuses Trump’s Request for More than Three Debates

by Haris Alic

Original Article

Joe Biden’s campaign is refusing President Donald Trump’s request to take part in more than three debates ahead of the general election in November. 

ONE will be plenty.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1