2020 Election is officially Trump vs Biden

6 hours ago, ALF said:

So you think if Biden were elected it would be better if he did not have advisors ?

Record high federal , state and local deficits,  record unemployment , pandemic , civil unrest , bankruptcies , evictions foreclosures , vehicle  repo , yep Trump in a landslide

Yes! Bring back the Czars! Obama had about 20 of them. Maybe they'll call them something else now that Russia is so out of style.

How about Emperors, or Ming Lords. That would fit SloMo Joe much better with his admiration of Dictator Xi. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/5/2020 at 11:02 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm surprised this wasn't the first reply.

This is the standard go-to for you folks.

"But.. but... but... 2016!!!"

There's a gigantic and very obvious difference between 2020 and 2016... actually there are a bunch of them:

Donald Trump is the Establishment so he can't be the anti establishment candidate at this point.

Donald Trump was an unknown in 2016. After 3+ years as President, and one who very much loves the Public aspect of it, he's very well known at this point.

Connected with that last point, the American people that have gotten to know him have never given him high approval ratings. He currently sits somewhere around 40%.

More people BY FAR voted for 3rd party candidates in 2016--basically throwing away their votes--than in the history of our Republic. That won't happen again.

Both candidates in 2016 were unlikable and those voters swung heavily to Trump. Evidence suggests despite there being an "unlikable" quality to Biden, those "haters" are swinging heavily to Biden.

And of course there's the obvious stuff, too.

His handling of Covid-19 was his ultimate undoing. It's the first weekend in June and going into it over 110,000 Americans are dead. I don't know what that will be in November, but that alone is compounded by a complete lack of empathy on his part.

That alone just makes him lose.

Add to it an economy that never reached his promised highs that will likely still be struggling out of recession mode and a tone deaf idiot in terms of his handling of these protests as he attacks peaceful American protesters just for a photo op... Donald Trump is a guy who just can't get out of his own way.

America has gotten to know Donald Trump well and doesn't like him. 2016 is irrelevant. That weatherman fallacy is a desperate attempt to cling to a President who's going down in flames.

Feelings, nothing more than feelings,
Trying to forget my feelings of love.
Tears drops rolling down on my face,
Trying to forget my feelings of love.
Feelings, for all my life I'll feel it.
I wish I've never met you, girl;
You'll never come again.
Feelings, wo-o-o feelings
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 6/9/2020 at 1:01 AM, ALF said:

If Biden were elected he would have handlers or Cabinet  pulling the strings . Just hope they would be competent. I would be ok with a good committee calling the shots.

Yep. This is the way I see it.

His VP choice is going to be a big deal. 

I said since Biden entered the race that a Biden-Harris ticket would be very likely. I'll stick with that. Choosing her would be another boost to the campaign.

On 6/9/2020 at 7:42 AM, Nanker said:

Yes! Bring back the Czars! Obama had about 20 of them. Maybe they'll call them something else now that Russia is so out of style.

How about Emperors, or Ming Lords. That would fit SloMo Joe much better with his admiration of Dictator Xi. 

Bush was Cheney's puppet and Karl Rove and Donald Rumsfeld did A LOT in that Administration as well.

You're acting like this would be the first time in history the President delegated power.

A good leader appoints good people he trusts underneath him rather than micromanaging every single issue.

One of the biggest problems with the Trump administration is he's constantly micromanaging and trusts no one.

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Bush was Cheney's puppet and Karl Rove and Donald Rumsfeld did A LOT in that Administration as well.

You're acting like this would be the first time in history the President delegated power.

A good leader appoints good people he trusts underneath him rather than micromanaging every single issue.

One of the biggest problems with the Trump administration is he's constantly micromanaging and trusts no one.

Doesn’t it give you ANY pause to be forced to cite Cheney as a GOOD reason why you support an unconstitutional construct? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

That’s what the Cabinet is supposed to do. Trump has picked people and given them a free hand to implement his policies. When they f ***** k up, he s ***** t-cans them straightaway. That’s what a leader does... tries to find the right people to do specific jobs and judges them on their results. 

That he’s fired so many of these politicos is an object lesson in how corrupt and self-serving most of the Swamp’s professional patronage job seekers are. 

Biden’s situation is different. He doesn’t have the mental faculties to understand WTF he’s talking about and wouldn’t be able to oversee a GirlScout troop (much as he’d like to spend his time doing just that) nevertheless a pack of voracious self-aggrandizing “progressives” who are more interested in building their own fiefdoms and lining their pockets with the people’s money. It’s what grifters like the Clintons, Gores, and Biden’s do. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Dems are kidding themselves if they think they have any chance against Trump. It’s not because Trump will actually win more votes - but enough votes will be changed in crucial swing states to give Trump the win. Just like, no doubt, what happened in 2016.

How else can you explain the utter carefree approach of Ms Lindsey Graham; MoscowMitch and all the other pedophiles in the Republican Party?

No way Trump loses. 

Edited by BillStime

18 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Doesn’t it give you ANY pause to be forced to cite Cheney as a GOOD reason why you support an unconstitutional construct? 

Who said good?

It's just recent.

Plus it was a Republican Administration so you right wingers over here can frolic in the reference.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

11 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Like Trump has done with Jared Kushner, lol. 

Despite what Tibs keeps spouting from one of the orifices on his body, you don.t hear anything about polls. If Biden was way ahead like Tibs says, they'd be screaming it. That means that Trump is doing fine. 

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Who said good?

It's just recent.

Plus he's it was a Republican Administration so you right wingers over here can frolic in the reference.

It was unconstitutional when Cheney did it. It's unconstitutional still. Yet you support it because "Cheney did it". 

It's a shallow, weak, immature argument from a broken mind. 

Do better. 

Biden is doing worse than Clinton among Hispanic voters

CNN, by Harry Enten

Original Article

Joe Biden is reaching heights that Hillary Clinton never did this late in the campaign against Donald Trump. The former vice president holds a significant national lead of around 10 points and is over 50% support. Yet a look at recent polls suggests Trump is outperforming where he was four years ago with a key part of the Democratic coalition: Hispanics. This could have implications for what electoral strategy Biden may need to take into the fall if he is to beat the President. Clinton crushed Trump with Hispanic registered voters in the final 2016 preelection polls. 

9 hours ago, Wacka said:

Despite what Tibs keeps spouting from one of the orifices on his body, you don.t hear anything about polls. If Biden was way ahead like Tibs says, they'd be screaming it. That means that Trump is doing fine. 

Don't hear anything about polls? :blink:

If you wanna hear about polls, here's the summary:

Biden is winning.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Is Joe aware?

Depends on what time of the day it is. Sundowning effects from dementia tend to begin in the late afternoon (hence the name “sundowning”).

12 hours ago, Wacka said:

All the latest polls assembled at RealClearPolitics show Biden with a strong lead over Trump. He is doing better than Trump in virtually every vital swing state and noticeably better than what Hillary was doing in early June 2016. Having said that, I suppose everyone is free to question the accuracy of the polls or worthiness of polls taken 5 months away from an election.

The most recent CNN poll, however, indicates a potentially different narrative if you read between the lines. Trump remains more trusted on the economy than Biden, which is obviously quite huge because this issue alone will probably determine the fall election (barring a second dramatic coronavirus surge or a world war). Even bigger, Trump is maintaining that tremendous supporter enthusiasm gap he has long held over Biden.

In terms of the overall election outlook, none of these summer polls are nearly as relevant as the summer economic data that will be pouring in. The biggest concern should be the looming rent and mortgage crisis. We should also be tracking new unemployment claims, expirations of unemployment benefits, credit card and student loan defaults, entrepreneurship and new small business formation stats, big business employee payroll retentions, and things like that (DJIA and GDP too if you insist).

But while the election should come down to the economy, economic health is not at all an objective truth with objective causes and objective prospects (proof: Dems and Reps can never seem to agree on it). The winner of the November election will ultimately be the one who best frames the October economic situation in his favor. Right now I think I’m leaning toward the high-energy master salesman guy who is always tweeting, holding rallies, working the media, and spinning information to his avail. If my sobering canvassing experiences have taught me anything, it is that electoral campaigns are first and foremost about emotional psychology and human connections, with rational policy analyses and facts and data much further behind in importance. I sort of get the logic with the Biden campaign’s strategy of concealing Joe from the public. Minimize Bidenesque gaffes. Streamline campaign machine efforts and save expenses for fall advertising. Bank on Trump self-immolating. Coast on vague feelings of voter nostalgia for a more “normal” time (2009-2016, a time which wasn’t all that great for a majority of Americans anyway...). But Hillary ran a similar playbook in 2016. Feels too much like running a prevent defense in football, no? Ya can’t hide from the people forever and then expect them to be super motivated to come out and vote for you.

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

Biden is doing worse than Clinton among Hispanic voters

Hmmm…the data sample seems too small for my tastes, and Biden’s numbers are too close to Hillary’s to necessitate sounding alarms. Hispanic demographic data should also be separated by geographic region to get more meaningful trends. Hispanics overall loved Bernie as of a few months ago. They will still come out to vote for Biden if he puts in a genuine effort to visit their communities, speak to them, listen to them, and not challenge them to fights or pushups.

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Texas becoming a swing state in 2020 could force a 2024 political realignment in the post-Trump world. Who knows how the power vacuum would be filled…maybe a left-right populism alliance versus a left-right establishment alliance?

On 6/11/2020 at 5:35 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Yep. This is the way I see it.

His VP choice is going to be a big deal. 

I said since Biden entered the race that a Biden-Harris ticket would be very likely. I'll stick with that. Choosing her would be another boost to the campaign.

Please oh please oh please!

Unless of course he wins. I don’t want to have to listen to Fran Drescher drone on for four years. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Biden Narrows VP Pick Down to Six Women—But Look Who’s NOT on the List!

by Jim Hoft

Original Article

According to the AP the Joe Biden Campaign has narrowed his VP search to six contenders. The list is newsworthy for who made the list and who didn’t. Who made the list: Rep. Val Demings (D-FL), Senator Liz Warren, compulsive liar Susan Rice, Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms, Kamala Harris and crazed New Mexico Governor Michelle Grisham.

Noticeably missing: Tyrannical Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer and failed Georgia candidate Stacy Abrams.