Seahawks-Browns discussed Wilson for 2018 #1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/14/could-russell-wilson-be-traded-by-the-seahawks/

In hindsight the Browns should have taken it. Got me thinking which QBs would I trade straight-up for Josh Allen

KC - Mahommes (YES!)

LV - Carr (platued - no)

Denver - Lock (less proven than JA and less skilled - No)

SD - Taylor (No)

Indy - Rivers (downside of career - No)

Houston - Watson (Not 100% convinced  but odds of his success are better - Yes)

Jacksonville - Minschew (lower upside - No)

Tennessee - Tannihill (not as good as appeared last year - No)

Pittsburgh - Rothliesberger (downside of career / injury - No)

Baltimore - Jackson (not convinced he will be long-term great - but reluctant Yes)

Cleveland - Mayfield (Attitude / size - No)

Cincy - Burrow (Not proven - could be amazing or bust - Intrigued but pass)

NE - Stidham (Less athletic - No)

Jets - Darnold (more polished coming out of college, but has performed worse than JA so far; JA has higher ceiling - No)

Miami - Tua (Injury / not proven - Interesting but pass)

Eagles - Wentz (can't stay healthy - No)

Cowboys - Prescott (higher cost and less upside - No)

Redskins - Haskins (Just No)

Giants - Jones (Similar weaknesses to Josh with less upside - No)

Bears - Trubisky (Just No)

Packers - Rodgers (Prima-donna / downside of career - No)

Lions - Stafford (Never been abe to put it all together - No)

Vikings - Cousins (huge price for solid but not spectacular results - No)

Falcons - Ryan (I like his game, but closer to end than start of his career - tough choice but I would pass)

Saints - Brees (I love Brees but looking to retire soon - No)

Panthers - Bridgewater (placeholder till next guy IMHO - No)

Bucs - Brady (GOAT, but an old GOAT - No)

49ers - Garrapolo (never too impressed - No)

Rams - Goff (seems to have hit season and looks like a steady but not great QB - No)

Seahawks - Wilson (great leader / great player -- Yes)

Cardinals - Murray (was impressive as a rookie - I would be fine either way though I love Josh's size)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I’m so confused! I thought this was going to be about the Seahawks trading Russell Wilson to the Browns and why ON EARTH they might ever consider that. Even the article title ends in a question mark. I had heard this rumored, but that aside....this thread is all about trading Allen? I’m getting dizzy......

But I’m glad you like Josh!!!   :)  

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 5

Considering Allen's upside and youth, it is hard to argue with trading him for much of anyone except for Watson, Jackson and/or Mahomes and still unproven Burrows.  Prescott is close.

Wilson, ehh maybe but he has some age on himself now.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 1

Either way JA is here and anyone we would consider moving him for would not be available anytime soon. 
That said, if forced to base an opinion I would only trade him for Mahomes or Wilson. But my opinion could certainly change by the end of the season. Most important season for a quarterback in buffalo in a really really long time. 

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

Where do I start? I thought this was going to be about the Seahawks trading Russell Wilson to the Browns and why ON EARTH they might ever consider that. Even the article title ends in a question mark. I had heard this rumored, but that aside....this thread is all about trading Allen? I’m getting dizzy......

But I’m glad you like Josh!!!   :)  

You must be new here.  We could even turn a COVID-19 thread into a referendum on our QB.   ?

• Haha (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I would take Daniel Jones over Josh Allen straight up! He looked outstanding as a rookie, without all-Star WRs, and is only gonna get better...?

Besides his fumbling problems he was impressive.  There's no way in hell the Giants would make that trade.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I would take Daniel Jones over Josh Allen straight up! He looked outstanding as a rookie, without all-Star WRs, and is only gonna get better...?

That would be an extremely foolish trade.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Jones threw for more TDS and yards as a rookie than Josh in his 2nd year but trading Josh for Jones is “foolish”. ?

You don’t get it, all other young QBs are trending down whereas Allen is only going to keep getting better. 

If there’s one thing we’ve learned from watching Bills QBs it’s that they always get better. 

• Haha (+1) 5

32 minutes ago, FireChans said:

That’s insane IMO. Wilson is an MVP candidate every year. A winner, a mobile threat etc etc.

I liked the 2018 class as much as anyone (shout out Rosen and Baker) but what a gaffe that would have proven to be.

I bet Carroll was thinking about what he could do with Mayfield on a rookie deal and save $35 million to roll into skill positions and rebuilding a defense.  Paying max contract to a QB makes filling out the rest of your roster difficult.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

I bet Carroll was thinking about what he could do with Mayfield on a rookie deal and save $35 million to roll into skill positions and rebuilding a defense.  Paying max contract to a QB makes filling out the rest of your roster difficult.  

I’m sure he was. And I understand the argument, I just don’t agree with it.

Russ without a great team around him still put up STELLAR 18 and 19 campaigns. Baker put up good and okay numbers with a very talented Browns team (I know, Hue and Kitchens though.)

Russell’s contract isn’t preventing Carroll from falling into All-Pro DB’s in the fifth round which was the real reason that team was so nasty in 2014. The other core guys were mostly drafted in the later rounds.