Dak Prescott and Elliot held a party of 30 at his house

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Masks are all sold out everywhere i checked. I went to Wegmans for three straight days and couldn't find any. 

Hey, check this thread out if you’re interested.

There’s a number of different styles to choose from depending on what you’re looking for. Ive been making the blue shop towel masks for my family (the one with 2 layers). I was able to find the right type of shop towels at autozone. I believe harbor freight might have them too.

Stay safe out there! Happy Easter!

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The main problem is, people can be asymptomatic and still transmit it.  We tend to be of the mindset that if we're feeling fine, there is no risk.  That's why some people mistakenly believe large gatherings are perfectly fine so long as nobody appears sick.  Stories like the OP infuriate me for just that reason.  There is no reason to be that reckless.  If even one person there had it, even without symptoms, it could now be passed on to any number of others in attendence.  Hope a party was worth potentially spreading this further.  Idiots.

1 minute ago, WorstTEever81 said:

Is that like "New York man ignores scientific evidence when it pertains to number of genders"? Asking for a friend... and wondering which science is the real science

Real science is...it has been proven that you can have the virus and pass it to others, even if you show no symptoms.  That clear it up?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Red King said:

The main problem is, people can be asymptomatic and still transmit it.  We tend to be of the mindset that if we're feeling fine, there is no risk.  That's why some people mistakenly believe large gatherings are perfectly fine so long as nobody appears sick.  Stories like the OP infuriate me for just that reason.  There is no reason to be that reckless.  If even one person there had it, even without symptoms, it could now be passed on to any number of others in attendence.  Hope a party was worth potentially spreading this further.  Idiots.

Real science is...it has been proven that you can have the virus and pass it to others, even if you show no symptoms.  That clear it up?

Yeah, I think we all get it. Goodness

5 minutes ago, albanyfan said:

I don’t suppose you’d mention who you work for? You’d be doing a public service. 

First of all it's not mandatory to wear masks . Second doctors and nurses have said that you can also get sick while wearing it .. people in isolation have gotten sick

Third I've been delivering food to elders and people who can't get food for two three weeks now. I'm on the front lines helping people not being a message board hero

Fourth most of New York state is sold out of masks

Edited by Buffalo716

25 minutes ago, WorstTEever81 said:

Is that like "New York man ignores scientific evidence when it pertains to number of genders"? Asking for a friend... and wondering which science is the real science

I think it's more like 'maybe I should figure out the difference between gender and sex before I make a fool of myself'

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

"Texas Man Ignores Scientific Evidence"

The bright side is better odds for  future job opportunities for those that didn’t attend..  whats that Monty python song? Oh ya,  always look on the bright side of life... 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I think it's more like 'maybe I should figure out the difference between gender and sex before I make a fool of myself'

That makes sense, because of identity and all... so what about race, age, weight, height, etc? Does identity have a fancy word for those also? Again, asking for a friend. This isn't a political forum so I will end it here...

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/health/2020/03/20/new-jersey-man-4th-family-member-die-coronavirus-20-isolated/2882689001/

FREEHOLD TOWNSHIP, N.J. – A gathering of an old-school Italian-Catholic family from Freehold Township became the epicenter for a New Jersey cluster of the novel coronavirus that has now killed four family members and left several others hospitalized (and at least 9 sick).

Rita Fusco-Jackson, 56, was the first in the family to succumb to the virus March 13  after being treated at a local hospital. Her brother Carmine Fusco, 55, died in a Pennsylvania hospital on Wednesday, just hours before the death of the family's matriarch, 73-year-old Grace Fusco, said Monsignor Sam Sirianni, the pastor of the Co-Cathedral of St. Robert Bellarmine, the family's church.

A fourth member of the family succumbed Thursday, 53-year-old Vincent Fusco of Manalapan, Sirianni said. He also had been hospitalized. Vincent Fusco was the fourth-oldest of the family's 11 children.

Three of Grace Fusco's other children remain hospitalized with the coronavirus, two of them in critical condition.... citing a family spokesperson.

David Cennimo, an infectious disease expert at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, said models from China have estimated that up to three-quarters of COVID-19 cases are related to the virus spreading in families or among others who share close contact with people who are sick.

They haven’t even been able to have proper funerals for their deceased family members (and all 4 died alone in isolation). It’s a nightmare scenario. 

4 minutes ago, WorstTEever81 said:

That makes sense, because of identity and all... so what about race, age, weight, height, etc? Does identity have a fancy word for those also? Again, asking for a friend. This isn't a political forum so I will end it here...

I’ve been identifying as a man with 20 lbs less but those Nazis at Marshall’s refuse to change their size 30 pants for me.

15 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

First of all it's not mandatory to wear masks . Second doctors and nurses have said that you can also get sick while wearing it .. people in isolation have gotten sick

Third I've been delivering food to elders and people who can't get food for two three weeks now. I'm on the front lines helping people not being a message board hero

Fourth most of New York state is sold out of masks

Yes you can still catch it wearing a mask especially since with everything being out you'd probably have to improvise one but that's not the point. The point is it helps prevent you from spreading it.

Edited by Warcodered

1 hour ago, Logic said:

How does this still not compute to people?

Look, let me make it simple:

First, if they want to put themselves at risk, more power to them. But the fact is that they are putting their entire community -- including at-risk individuals --  at risk by doing what they're doing. 

Second, when people do this kind of thing, it spits directly in the face of everybody around the country making sacrifices right now. It invalidates our stay-at-home efforts, and it says in a loud and clear voice to medical personnel: "We don't care about you or your life".

Bottom line: The longer people like Prescott commit these selfish, self-centered, short-sighted, disrespectful, negligent acts, the longer society has to stay shut down. You want everyone to go back to work? You want the economy to recover? You want people to stop dying? You want to have an NFL season this year? Then everyone -- including rich athletes -- needs to STAY THE ***** HOME!!!

This.  

this kind of stuff drives me nuts.  The fact that it’s a “violation” and a fine is ridiculous.  The punishment should be FAR worse and should include jail time imo.  It’s a pandemic.  Wake the **** up people!!

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Yes you can still catch it wearing a mask especially since with everything being out you'd probably have to improvise one but that's not the point. The point is it helps prevent you from spreading it.

I handle money and credit cards and a whole bunch of way more transmittable ways then being in front of a person for 25 seconds

And as I've said four times a lot of New York state is sold out of masks. I would probably have to improvise

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I handle money and credit cards and a whole bunch of way more transmittable ways then being in front of a person for 25 seconds

And as I've said four times a lot of New York state is sold out of masks. I would probably have to improvise

Washing your hands and hand sanitizer(if you can get it) would be very important then doesn't take away the importance of the mask making it as hard as possible for you to spread it the goal and if a simple cloth mask helps at all I don't see why not.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Hiding from it won't do anything. The country needs immunity.

This is pretty horrifying even if we slow it's process through the health care system with how lethal this thing is that's a lot of dead people for us to get herd immunity.