Dak Prescott and Elliot held a party of 30 at his house

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Washing your hands and hand sanitizer(if you can get it) would be very important then doesn't take away the importance of the mask making it as hard as possible for you to spread it the goal and if a simple cloth mask helps at all I don't see why not.

This is pretty horrifying even if we slow it's process through the health care system with how lethal this thing is that's a lot of dead people for us to get herd immunity.

Well I certainly don't want dead people but that is how humans have survived pandemics for tens of thousands of years.. I pray this ends every day

And I do have hand sanitizer

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

Being stubborn AF is seemingly American these days.  Lacking common sense.  Lacking discernment.  Lacking discipline.  That seems to be what American is.   These, in the grand scheme of existence, temporary measures, might keep you or your loved ones in good health or alive.  Even more, it might keep your neighbors the same.  Folks can go read books; play video games; pray; meditate; exercise.  Folks can survive without having to be in large groups for a time.

Stubbornness has ALWAYS been an American trait, for better or for worse.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, WorstTEever81 said:

That makes sense, because of identity and all... so what about race, age, weight, height, etc? Does identity have a fancy word for those also? Again, asking for a friend. This isn't a political forum so I will end it here...

My Trans professor in my 700 level class in cultural studies couldn't answer this question either. I really wanted to know why gender identity was SO accepted, yet all other identities were taboo to them. I guess "he" was more comfortable stating that being "male"(his terminology) was how you felt, but "him" saying a person born white can identify as black was a little tougher in a class filled with minorities. Why? What's the difference? It can't be science... Why can we change our gender identity, but not any other identity?! That seems very narrow minded. Heck, even income identity should come into account in this land of make believe. If you are born a rich white boy in the Hamptons, yet you identify as a poor old minority lady, who are we to not allow him(well, now her i guess) all the benefits our government has to offer for such an identity?! It's his choice! We should accept it!

This is only in response to the person who wanted to distinct sex with gender, yet gender can dictate bathroom use, showers, locker rooms, and sports eligibility. It would seem that our country treats gender as if it were sex. Geez, again I apologize and I will crawl back under my rock and watch from afar. I don't mean to go on these rants, but when I see a certain political point of view not being reined in on a sports forum, I feel someone has to stand up.

1 minute ago, WorstTEever81 said:

My Trans professor in my 700 level class in cultural studies couldn't answer this question either. I really wanted to know why gender identity was SO accepted, yet all other identities were taboo to them. I guess "he" was more comfortable stating that being "male"(his terminology) was how you felt, but "him" saying a person born white can identify as black was a little tougher in a class filled with minorities. Why? What's the difference? It can't be science... Why can we change our gender identity, but not any other identity?! That seems very narrow minded. Heck, even income identity should come into account in this land of make believe. If you are born a rich white boy in the Hamptons, yet you identify as a poor old minority lady, who are we to not allow him(well, now her i guess) all the benefits our government has to offer for such an identity?! It's his choice! We should accept it!

This is only in response to the person who wanted to distinct sex with gender, yet gender can dictate bathroom use, showers, locker rooms, and sports eligibility. It would seem that our country treats gender as if it were sex. Geez, again I apologize and I will crawl back under my rock and watch from afar. I don't mean to go on these rants, but when I see a certain political point of view not being reined in on a sports forum, I feel someone has to stand up.

Just wanted to quote this for posterity. 

1 minute ago, WorstTEever81 said:

Well, considering it was 700, I figured you knew it was a Masters... but you knew that, I hope

So you got a Masters degree in Cultural Studies and you don't know the difference between gender and sex. I'd consider that money wasted.

• Like (+1) 1

It’s because of dumb asses like this marshal law will be declared. With what little they really know about Covid-19 this Is very disrespectful to family, friends and whoever they have contact with afterwards. Over privileged and incompetent people are two of the main reasons this thing will hit harder here than anywhere else.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

How does this still not compute to people?

Look, let me make it simple:

First, if they want to put themselves at risk, more power to them. But the fact is that they are putting their entire community -- including at-risk individuals --  at risk by doing what they're doing. 

Second, when people do this kind of thing, it spits directly in the face of everybody around the country making sacrifices right now. It invalidates our stay-at-home efforts, and it says in a loud and clear voice to medical personnel: "We don't care about you or your life".

Bottom line: The longer people like Prescott commit these selfish, self-centered, short-sighted, disrespectful, negligent acts, the longer society has to stay shut down. You want everyone to go back to work? You want the economy to recover? You want people to stop dying? You want to have an NFL season this year? Then everyone -- including rich athletes -- needs to STAY THE ***** HOME!!!

Until when.....Until we're all bankrupt. Until the "curve" is flattened? Until the models that change every week and the goofballs interpreting them say its ok to go back to living? When's your cutoff? Are you willing to live like this until say December? 

45 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well I certainly don't want dead people but that is how humans have survived pandemics for tens of thousands of years.. I pray this ends every day

And I do have hand sanitizer

FYI masks and gloves can be found on amazon and I presume ebay as well. Takes a little looking these day but I got mine in about a weeks time. If you are classified as an essential employee your employer may now be required to provide you with a mask. Seems like a lot of stores are making them

mandatory now.

I hope you are actually using that hand sanitizer, for both your sake and those you come in contact with. Stay Safe!

Edited by DefenseWins
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

So you got a Masters degree in Cultural Studies and you don't know the difference between gender and sex. I'd consider that money wasted.

Cultural Studies was one course of my masters program. That class was money wasted considering the logic they used destroyed their own argument's defenses. They talked in circles and denied logical conclusions/applications. But the Masters program itself was very enlightening and money well spent.

6 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Until when.....Until we're all bankrupt. Until the "curve" is flattened? Until the models that change every week and the goofballs interpreting them say its ok to go back to living? When's your cutoff? Are you willing to live like this until say December? 

Until we get caught up enough with testing to be able to strangle this thing out or to the point where it won't overwhelm our health care system.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

But, I can tell that you know a LOT! I can say I am a girl even though I was born male(but a cultural professor would say I was born female from the start, even though I was born with a tally wacker)... but can I say I am black even though I was born Caucasian? Why, or why not?

I tell you what, I will start a thread for you and me in the political forum so we don't get into trouble here.

Hey Mods, please delete all my comments from this forum... I didn't mean to derail the topic. Thank you... I started a thread in the political section.

Edited by WorstTEever81
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

You’re right. ***** it. Let’s all just pour back into the streets tomorrow, resume life, and see what happens. I’m sure everything will be fine. Gotta get that economy back up and humming, after all!

1 minute ago, Logic said:

You’re right. ***** it. Let’s all just pour back into the streets tomorrow, resume life, and see what happens. I’m sure everything will be fine. Gotta get that economy back up and humming, after all!

This is the last I will speak of this here, but since you're a Logical man, check out how many deaths are attributed to poverty. Also, check out the approach Sweden is taking. I guess time will tell which is correct. 

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

This is the last I will speak of this here, but since you're a Logical man, check out how many deaths are attributed to poverty. Also, check out the approach Sweden is taking. I guess time will tell which is correct. 

https://www.euronews.com/2020/04/12/is-sweden-s-covid-19-strategy-working

The graph on that page doesn’t look promising, with respect to Sweden’s policy.

Alas, time will indeed tell who is correct.