A Compilation of Some of Josh's Bad? Throws

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

To say he can be better than Big Ben is a big call. I am not willing to go that far. 

I don't know that he will be, but he can be. He's one of the most physically gifted qbs I've seen.      

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think it’s more evidence of his not being the most accurate passer.  And it was in the MWC not the SEC.  I just don’t why some of you are so quick to dismiss all the statistics that show he isn’t the most accurate passer.  

I would love to see this board would judge him and Darnold if they switched teams.

So what you’re saying about him on the Bills board is “nice” compared to if he wasn’t.  So then tell us what you really think because obviously you haven’t been fully honest (which some of us already knew anyway).

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I don't know that he will be, but he can be. He's one of the most physically gifted qbs I've seen.      

Still too rich for me at this stage. Before I say he can be better than a sure fire first ballot hall of famer I still need to see more evidence on the field.

12 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think it’s more evidence of his not being the most accurate passer.  And it was in the MWC not the SEC.  I just don’t why some of you are so quick to dismiss all the statistics that show he isn’t the most accurate passer.  

I would love to see this board would judge him and Darnold if they switched teams.

Because in the absence of facts and history they can only use ridicule.

No one is saying Allen can't improve, but you are right there are historical elements which point to issues. Fixable? Let's find out. I think a lot can be fixed if you make him a 2 read QB so his mechanics are simplified for 2 throws per snap.

My reasoning is simple: his athleticism would make it so he's more of a runner and uses that dimension to force a spy on him and with the right running game the field opens up like it does for Jackson. He's not Jackson, but he has the same benefits he could utilize. I think his last game in 2018 in Miami was the perfect combo for him.

Edited by BigBillsFan

I watched the whole season, i don't need to re-watch a worst of compilation.  Here's my thoughts on causes

He widens his base sometimes (especially on touch throws) and balls sail.  Just an uncomfortable way of throwing, and some of those little flare and swing passes to TEs and RBs have been out of reach.

Timing on deep balls is an issue as he always seemed to hesitate a little at the last second.  I also watched something that indicated that he was tilting his shoulders on throws which would cause trajectory issues.  

Timing is also an issue on short stuff, he'll whip it over on the hitch and the balls not where it needs to be.  Usually its low or out of bounds - like him and the receiver had a different thought on the leverage. He also has shown slower eyes on stuff over the middle and either pats the ball or hesitates and then tries to rifle it into a small window.  These will also be short sometimes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Someone compiled this video as evidence of how horribly inaccurate Josh is.  Many of these are not what he said they are.

16 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

You could make this video for every single QB in the NFL. Brady had plenty, and I mean plenty, of "bad throws" this year. 

He didn't have 30 dropped passes either.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Someone compiled this video as evidence of how horribly inaccurate Josh is.  Many of these are not what he said they are.

Just a moron pushing an agenda. Allen put some passes on the money this year.

Pro football reference counted 36 dropped passes in total. Insane. Knox had 10, Cole 5, Brown 4, Singletary 6. Just to name a few.

34 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Just a moron pushing an agenda. Allen put some passes on the money this year.

Pro football reference counted 36 dropped passes in total. Insane. Knox had 10, Cole 5, Brown 4, Singletary 6. Just to name a few.

This person makes a statement that, for the second year in a row, Josh Allen is the least accurate QB in the NFL and its not close.  Then, in a supposed attempt to bolster his conclusion, he posts a hand picked (?) compilation of horribly errant Josh throws.  And when you watch them they might seem to be as he claimed and as some here in this thread agreed.   But, if you look closer at them, many are like these two above.   Cian Fahey is less accurate than Josh.

2 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

At 1:49 Cody loses leverage and is waltzed backward to step on Josh's plant foot.  Errant due to inaccuracy?

At 109 seconds Cody Steps on Josh's Foot.jpg

So we should chalk that one up to poor protection?  OL let him down?

4 hours ago, Billl said:

So we should chalk that one up to poor protection?  OL let him down?

Good question.  Cody's footwork is terrible on the play.  After the initial punch by the defender, Cody is knocked off balance, looses leverage and is bullrushed right into Josh.  The red shoes really help to highlight their placement.  At one point they are both at hash mark, perpendicular to the line of scrimmage.  That is a losing position and he never anchors.   Why all this happened I dont know.  Ford is a rookie?  Ford is not a RT?   The defender made a nice play?    Maybe the result an illegal headslap?   I can't tell on my phone"s screen.  

Anyways, the only thing that slows the rush is when Cody collides with Josh.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER