The Big Gamble: Hydroxychloroquine

Fauci Lied and People Died

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/08/bad_medicine_on_hcq_faucis_waterloo.html

Here in our country, Fauci continued to ignore the ever accumulating and remarkable early-use data on hydroxychloroquine and he became focused on a new antiviral compound named remdesivir. This was an experimental drug that had to be given intravenously every day for five days. It was never suitable for major widespread outpatient or at-home use as part of a national pandemic plan. We now know now that remdesivir has no effect on overall COVID patient mortality and it costs thousands of dollars per patient.  

Hydroxychloroquine, by contrast, costs 60 cents a tablet, it can be taken at home, it fits in with the national pandemic plan for respiratory viruses, and a course of therapy simply requires swallowing three tablets in the first 24 hours followed by one tablet every 12 hours for five days.

There are now 53 studies that show positive results of hydroxychloroquine in COVID infections. There are 14 global studies that show neutral or negative results — and 10 of them were of patients in very late stages of COVID-19, where no antiviral drug can be expected to have much effect. Of the remaining four studies, two come from the same University of Minnesota author. The other two are from the faulty Brazil paper, which should be retracted, and the fake Lancet paper, which was.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I figured that with the lack of news about remdesivir and my Gilead stock dropping, it was proving to be ineffective.  I wonder if Fauci has any stock in Gilead?

And the handling of HCQ has been nothing short of criminal.  Again an incredibly safe medication (when used properly) used by people billions of times over the past 60+ years without a single concern over its safety, which has a known mechanism of action (zinc ionophore) and which is cheap and easy to take,, gets smeared all because Trump promoted it.  It finally exposed the Dems, CHO and Lancet, not to mention Fauci, as the scumbags they are.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Doc said:

I figured that with the lack of news about remdesivir and my Gilead stock dropping, it was proving to be ineffective.  I wonder if Fauci has any stock in Gilead?

And the handling of HCQ has been nothing short of criminal.  Again an incredibly safe medication (when used properly) used by people billions of times over the past 60+ years without a single concern over its safety, which has a known mechanism of action (zinc ionophore) and which is cheap and easy to take gets, smeared all because Trump promoted it.  It finally exposed the Dems, CHO and Lancet, not to mention Fauci, as the scumbags they are.

Idiots.

Follow the money

• Haha (+1) 1

It's impossible for any one person to keep on top of all the covid research being published so I tend to look to the review papers and drill down from there.  Here's a recent one that I found enlightening.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32793246/ 

"Mechanisms Underlying Potential Therapeutic Approaches for COVID-19"

A few excerpts for those interested in the real current state of HCQ research, and not nonsense spewed from media dolts and all too often repeated here.

In contrast, others have demonstrated that
HCQ has greater antiviral activity than CQ during SARS-CoV-
2 infection (18). Basically, CQ or HCQ exert their effects on
eukaryotic cells by increasing the vacuolar pH of organelles such
as endosomes and lysosomes. The increase in pH neutralizes
the acidic lysosomal pH, decreasing autophagosome-lysosome
fusion and autophagic degradation (59, 60). Autophagosomelysosome
fusion is essential for virus/cell fusion and immunemodulating
activity (61). CQ and HCQ can also modify the
glycosylation of ACE2, which binds to the spike protein S
of SARS-CoV. This may interfere with the virus-receptor
interaction (19). Additionally, an in vitro approach demonstrated
that CQ inhibits COVID-19 virus infection (62). Some studies
have indicated that HCQ also reduces the levels of some
proinflammatory cytokines, such as IL-6, IL-18, and TNF-a (63).
Indeed, CQ and HCQ inhibit endosomal TLRs and have antiinflammatory
effects by inhibiting prostaglandin synthesis or
lipid peroxidation (64).
Hence, it was suggested that CQ and HCQ represent a
potential new drug treatment for COVID-19. However, there are
some limitations in performing clinical trials in patients owing to
the restrictions on research studies using cell culture or animals
and side effects, such as cardiotoxicity and liver cytotoxicity,
due to the half-life of these compounds of ∼3.1 days (65).
However, the risk of toxicity in patients treated for 10 years
with HCQ for systemic lupus erythematosus was shown to be
approximately 7.5%and to be higher in patients treated for longer
periods (66). In COVID-19-associated acute infection, CQ and
HCQ are used for a very short time (∼5 days). Nevertheless,
acute adverse events, such as hypersensitivity and gastrointestinal
intolerance, require attention, especially in critically ill patients
who may develop similar clinical manifestations due to COVID-
19. Additionally, CQ and HCQ can be safely used during
pregnancy (67). Recently, a clinical trial with a small sample
size showed that HCQ treatment is associated with a decrease
in viral load in COVID-19 patients, and the effect is reinforced
by azithromycin (39). Because of the low number of patients
and the lack of some group controls during this recent study,
new national and international clinical trials are being conducted
to confirm the authenticity of these findings. A current clinical
trial of CQ and HCQ therapy in the treatment of COVID-19
in Europe may reveal new possibilities for antiviral therapy for
Frontiers in Immunology | www.frontiersin.org 5 July 2020 | Volume 11 | Article 1841
Benani and Ben Mkaddem COVID-19 Treatment
COVID-19 to stop the pandemic. Although the antiviral activity
of hydroxychloroquine remains uncertain, there have been
several controversies regarding the clinical benefits of this drug
in patients with COVID-19. Recently, a new publication showed
the beneficial effects of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine when
used alone or with a macrolide on in-hospital outcomes for
COVID-19. Each of the drug regimens was associated with a
decrease in in-hospital survival and an increased frequency of
ventricular arrhythmias when used for the treatment of COVID-
19. However, this study was retracted from the Lancet journal
(https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(20)31174-0). In contrast,
an approved study by the Ethics Committee of Shanghai
Public Health Clinical Center under the number NCT04261517
demonstrated that the prognosis of COVID-19 patients with
moderate cases is good. However, a large sample size study is
needed to investigate the effects of HCQ in the treatment of
COVID-19 (68). A new study is ongoing and can be found
on ClinicalTrials.gov under the identifier NCT04303507 with
the official title “Chloroquine/Hydroxychloroquine Prevention
of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19).” This study is a doubleblinded,
randomized, and placebo-controlled trial that will be
conducted in a healthcare setting. A total of 40,000 participants
will be recruited, and the investigators predict an average of 400–
800 participants per site at 50–100 sites. However, the estimated
completion date is April 2021.

HCQtable.thumb.JPG.a83fdff6c57a96477dd115c7fb79e9d9.JPG

Trump Was Right All Along! Blocking COVID Cure HCQ Killed 10s of 1000s Say Latest Docs 

Last month, I reported on the thousands of doctors and scientists trying to cut through all the media gaslighting and make people understand just how deadly the pseudoscientific quack medicine Anthony Fauci’s been peddling really is.

Nobel Prize-winning biophysicist, Michael Levitt, has been sounding the alarm about our suicidal response to COVID-19 from the very beginning:

more at the link

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Trump Was Right All Along! Blocking COVID Cure HCQ Killed 10s of 1000s Say Latest Docs 

Last month, I reported on the thousands of doctors and scientists trying to cut through all the media gaslighting and make people understand just how deadly the pseudoscientific quack medicine Anthony Fauci’s been peddling really is.

Nobel Prize-winning biophysicist, Michael Levitt, has been sounding the alarm about our suicidal response to COVID-19 from the very beginning:

more at the link

You are such a tool. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You are such a tool. 

InformalAntiqueInganue-size_restricted.g

• Haha (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, B-Man said:

more at the link

Wow, great stuff in that link, thanks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

more at the link

The more dead people, the better it is for the libs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Fake news.  I care about COVID casualties.  Unlike someone else, who believes simply that “it is what it is.”

If you care so much about Covid victims then how could you be so cavalier about babies being pulled apart and dismembered right before they are to be born?

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Fake news.  I care about COVID casualties.  Unlike someone else, who believes simply that “it is what it is.”

Sure.  That's why you were so quick to jump on the disinformation campaign against HCQ. 

"It's dangerous!" No, not when it is used properly. 

"Trump owns stock in it!"  No, he doesn't anymore. 

"Look at the studies!"  That were poorly done and one which had to be retracted from being published in a once-respect journal.

"Remdesivir works!"  Yeah, that's why my Gilead stock is dropping.

55 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sure.  That's why you were so quick to jump on the disinformation campaign against HCQ. 

"Look at the studies!"  That were poorly done and one which had to be retracted from being published in a once-respect journal.

It's amazing that the solution to the pandemic has been under our noses the whole time and we haven't figured it out.  If only the scientific community would have listened to the stable genius and internet rando anesthesiologist it all would have been different.  It didn't have to be this way!

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

If you care so much about Covid victims then how could you be so cavalier about babies being pulled apart and dismembered right before they are to be born?

Who said that I am?  All I have done is point out the reality that you choose to ignore.  A fetus is not a person, or a child, or a baby.  

8 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

It's amazing that the solution to the pandemic has been under our noses the whole time and we haven't figured it out.  If only the scientific community would have listened to the stable genius and internet rando anesthesiologist it all would have been different.  It didn't have to be this way!

LOL!  Like I was saying...

49 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Who said that I am?  All I have done is point out the reality that you choose to ignore.  A fetus is not a person, or a child, or a baby.  

In NYS. Are there any states that consider what you call a fetus a human being and it is illegal to end their life before exiting the womb? 

4 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I believe you live in the state-NY- where your Governor is responsible for the deaths of 10,000 plus and you blame Trump? You are not bright kid.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I honestly don’t understand the argument against full scale trials of HCQ + Zinc. The immediate and vehement ridicule of it by the media and the left is bizarre to me. Just check it out, in a serious manner. It’s almost as if they are afraid of something, like it working well and the gravy train of control and future riches from a new drug/vaccine would go away. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I believe you live in the state-NY- where your Governor is responsible for the deaths of 10,000 plus and you blame Trump? You are not bright kid.

10,000 plus what?  Not people. 

6 minutes ago, dubs said:

I honestly don’t understand the argument against full scale trials of HCQ + Zinc. The immediate and vehement ridicule of it by the media and the left is bizarre to me. Just check it out, in a serious manner. It’s almost as if they are afraid of something, like it working well and the gravy train of control and future riches from a new drug/vaccine would go away. 

Hoax.  

5 minutes ago, dubs said:

Yep.  

5 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

It’s obviously a right wing facist clinical website.  

Absolutely. Only there do they design large studies with 40k participants in a randomized, double blind placebo controlled trial for a therapy that has already been studied and shown not to work.

Trump is already vindicated just by the fact that this trial is underway. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, dubs said:

Been saying this from the beginning.  A drug taken billions of times over 60+ years without a single question as to its safety...suddenly becomes the most dangerous drug ever and can't even be tried for COVID...just because Trump mentioned it.  When at the time, there wasn't a single treatment for COVID and the worst thing that could rarely happen with the drug was death, like COVID.  Then they went even dumber by saying that this generic drug was going to make Trump rich.  Goes to show you what their true motive was and still is.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 5 months later...
On 5/21/2020 at 11:14 AM, B-Man said:

THE NOT SO GREAT HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE DEBATE

So, President Trump says he’s taking hydroxychloroquine as a preventive measure against contracting the Wuhan coronavirus. You have to give him credit. He has the courage of his convictions.

Actually, it doesn’t require courage to take hydroxychloroquine as a preventative measure. The drug has been widely used to treat malaria and lupus for many decades. Like virtually every medication, it has side effects. However, it is not dangerous.

The FDA recently said there are elevated risks associated with COVID-19 patients taking hydroxychloroquine. This may (or may not) be true, but Trump is not a COVID-19 patient.

Does hydroxychloroquine help prevent becoming infected with the virus? I’m not aware of any evidence that it does.

To me, then, it seems that Trump is taking, essentially, a no-risk, no-reward measure. So, why the fuss?

We know why. Because anything the president says or does will create a fuss.

Even so, it surprises me a little that Democrats, the media, and the rest of the left have made hydroxychloroquine into such a battleground. My strong impression is that some Dems and media types would rather see people die than see Trump vindicated on even this one point. The glee oozes from mainstream reports claiming, prematurely, that the drug has been shown not to work.

The hydroxychloroquine debate has also provided the Speaker of the House with the opportunity to call the President of the United States “morbidly obese.” The President responded by calling the Speaker a “sick women” with “mental problems.”

Is this a great country, or what?

How did the hydroxychloroquine controversy begin? It began with Trump touting the drug. But what, exactly, did he say?

Most mainstream media reports say Trump called the drug a “game changer.” You have to search hard to find his actual quote. It was that hydroxychloroquine, taken along with the antibiotic azithromycin, has “a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine.”

Trump never called hydroxychloroquine a “game changer.” He only said it had a real chance to be.

More at the link

HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 8/1/2020 at 11:02 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....oh boy....Dr Ruth pontificates.....ANY OTHER President advocating hydro would get high marks......but Trump did so and it's an epic fail......SMH......another gem offering.....shades of BBMB........

Have you heard ???  

The Oklahoma Attorney General’s Office has been tasked with attempting to return a $2 million stockpile of a malaria drug once touted by former President Donald Trump as a way to treat the coronavirus.    https://www.readfrontier.org/stories/oklahoma-trying-to-return-its-2m-stockpile-of-hydroxychloroquine/

or just loot at the post above mine. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/17/2020 at 9:52 PM, Doc said:

Been saying this from the beginning.  A drug taken billions of times over 60+ years without a single question as to its safety...suddenly becomes the most dangerous drug ever and can't even be tried for COVID...just because Trump mentioned it.  When at the time, there wasn't a single treatment for COVID and the worst thing that could rarely happen with the drug was death, like COVID.  Then they went even dumber by saying that this generic drug was going to make Trump rich.  Goes to show you what their true motive was and still is.

Nope.  It’s not the most dangerous drug ever.  It’s just not an effective treatment for COVID.  But some kool aid guzzling Qs still think otherwise. 

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Nope.  It’s not the most dangerous drug ever.  It’s just not an effective treatment for COVID.  But some kool aid guzzling Qs still think otherwise. 

Wrong (at least according to your puppet masters who wanted people to die to make Trump look bad) and wrong. 

• Haha (+1) 1