The Big Gamble: Hydroxychloroquine

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm not advocating stopping research on other methods. But what HCQ does is allow the world to open, safely, while those better treatments are developed. If HCQ is as effective as it appears, there would not have been a need for a lock down in the first place. Hence why the media MUST lie about it now. 

If this was the case, France would be distributing it in droves and their death rate would be close to null as they were one of the first countries that began using the drug.

Most likely, as some have specified, this virus ravaged through certain parts of the country and tapered off and will hit other parts of the country later in the November.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Let's face it... The media, along with many Democrats, would prefer people don't believe there is a cure. Think about it.... As long as there isn't one, the death toll keeps going up which makes #orangemanbad.

If as studies overseas have proven that show Hydroxycloraquine works, think of the ramifications to their narrative! 

• Like (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Let's face it... The media, along with many Democrats, would prefer people don't believe there is a cure. Think about it.... As long as there isn't one, the death toll keeps going up which makes #orangemanbad.

If as studies overseas have proven that show Hydroxycloraquine works, think of the ramifications to their narrative! 

Plus, Trump didn't have to announce that..

troll factor 10/10

media is so clueless.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

. If HCQ is as effective as it appears, there would not have been a need for a lock down in the first place. 

Say what? It’s been shown in several blinded studies to be ineffective. 

If people want to take it, so be it but it’s not proven in spite of being taken by a ton of people and subject to a lot of studies. At best it’s been shown as effective as placebo and at worst it harms patients. 

Might as well take quicksilver. 

4 minutes ago, shoshin said:

If people want to take it, so be it but it’s not proven in spite of being taken by a ton of people and subject to a lot of studies. At best it’s been shown as effective as placebo and at worst it harms patients. 

Incorrect. It's been shown to be effective in the early stages (i.e as a preventative). Which is why they MUST lie about it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, shoshin said:

If people want to take it, so be it but it’s not proven in spite of being taken by a ton of people and subject to a lot of studies. At best it’s been shown as effective as placebo and at worst it harms patients

Every medication is a poison and has the potential to do good or harm.

People fixating on this one really shows a level of low intellect. 

Next people will claim its hurting the country because people are

selling  it on the street. 

Does anyone actually consider no one can take this without a doctors consent?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Incorrect. It's been shown to be effective in the early stages (i.e as a preventative). Which is why they MUST lie about it.

A study that showed that would be great news. I see nothing. One big one in progress in Michigan. 

1 minute ago, Albwan said:

Every medication is a poison and has the potential to do good or harm.

People fixating on this one really shows a level of low intellect. 

Next people will claim its hurting the country because people are

selling  it on the street. 

Does anyone actually consider no one can take this without a doctors consent?

I am commenting on the results of studies, not on the general risks of taking it. 

Edited by shoshin

Just now, shoshin said:

A study that showed that would be great news. I see nothing. 

There have been multiple -- but they get suppressed, and certainly not reported in the establishment media who's goal is to make you afraid, not give you hope. Yet, nations are still buying the drug in bulk, and front line workers around the world are using them as preventatives with much success. 

https://aapsonline.org/hcq-90-percent-chance/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1756-185X.13842

A meta-analysis of current data indicates no data on prophylactic effect of the drug on Covid.  Some interesting pre-clinical data but studies on prophylactic effect including side effects and such need to be done.  They have one going on in the Detroit area from what I've read.  Be interesting to see that data.

People should talk to their doctor, weight benefits and risks, and make informed decisions.  Doctors can prescribe off-label if they want.  The benefits to those with a Covid diagnosis are not there based on the available data, and the risks of cardiac effects are real.  

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

There have been multiple -- but they get suppressed, and certainly not reported in the establishment media who's goal is to make you afraid, not give you hope. Yet, nations are still buying the drug in bulk, and front line workers around the world are using them as preventatives with much success. 

https://aapsonline.org/hcq-90-percent-chance/

I think the best real world example is India. Smaller land mass, almost double the population.  They have some of the worst malaria outbreaks in the world, annually. As in, every year. They have massive stockpiles of Hydroxychloroquine, widely available there. They dont have nearly the problem with CCP Virus that we do. They have so much faith in it, I remember back in March the Indian govt stopped exporting the drug. Real world case study.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

I think the best real world example is India. Smaller land mass, almost double the population.  They have some of the worst malaria outbreaks in the world, annually. As in, every year. They have massive stockpiles of Hydroxychloroquine, widely available there. They dont have nearly the problem with CCP Virus that we do. They have so much faith in it, I remember back in March the Indian govt stopped exporting the drug. Real world case study.

You made me look them up and WOW! 1.3 billion people, with some areas packed much tighter than NYC, yet still just over 3 thousand deaths. They've obviously done something right that NYC didn't and the most obvious without digging is the HCQ

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

No one, but the shills in the media, have suggested people do anything other than this. 

Did I say anything about the media?  No.  Any time anyone takes a drug they should do so after consultation with a physician.  Don't twist my words into some kind of negative.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Did I say anything about the media?  No.  Any time anyone takes a drug they should do so after consultation with a physician.  Don't twist my words into some kind of negative.

Settle down. I’m not twisting your words, I’m pointing out a key fact which is missed (and makes your post redundant). 

The President is not a doctor. He should STFU on advising on specific medications. No matter the effectiveness, ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL and is not appropriate.

But once again (?) - the guy who claims he is here for justice - is once again going out of his way to defend every word, action and more important (no action) out of this incompetent POTUS.

This is asinine. 

20 minutes ago, BillStime said:

The President is not a doctor. He should STFU on advising on specific medications. No matter the effectiveness, ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL and is not appropriate.

But once again (?) - the guy who claims he is here for justice - is once again going out of his way to defend every word, action and more important (no action) out of this incompetent POTUS.

This is asinine. 

He did not advise we all start taking HCQ, he just said he is doing it himself, along with zinc.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

We have two long term PPP members who have taken it. One on a regular basis for arthritis and the other one who is in the medical field, as a preventative measure since they work in a hospital setting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1