The Big Gamble: Hydroxychloroquine

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/polio-vaccine-trials-begin

On April 26, 1954, the Salk polio vaccine field trials, involving 1.8 million children, begin at the Franklin Sherman Elementary School in McLean, Virginia. Children in the United States, Canada and Finland participated in the trials, which used for the first time the now-standard double-blind method, whereby neither the patient nor attending doctor knew if the inoculation was the vaccine or a placebo. 

On year later, on April 12, 1955, researchers announced the vaccine was safe and effective and it quickly became a standard part of childhood immunizations in America. In the ensuing decades, polio vaccines would all but wipe out the highly contagious disease in the Western Hemisphere.

• Thank you (+1) 1

DON SURBER: Cavuto takes the vapors. 

I remain amazed at the complete abandonment of reason on the subject of hydroxychloroquine. It either works or it doesn’t.

There’s decent evidence that it works with zinc, and that it doesn’t work very well without zinc.

It could still turn out not to be very helpful, though if I were Trump I’d be taking it too after exposure.

But pretending that it’s somehow highly dangerous when it’s been routinely taken by millions for longer than I’ve been alive is outright crazy.

I swear if Trump endorsed Vitamin D, half the country — and 90% of the press — would be wearing burkas over 100X sunblock.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

DON SURBER: Cavuto takes the vapors. 

I remain amazed at the complete abandonment of reason on the subject of hydroxychloroquine. It either works or it doesn’t.

There’s decent evidence that it works with zinc, and that it doesn’t work very well without zinc.

It could still turn out not to be very helpful, though if I were Trump I’d be taking it too after exposure.

But pretending that it’s somehow highly dangerous when it’s been routinely taken by millions for longer than I’ve been alive is outright crazy.

I swear if Trump endorsed Vitamin D, half the country — and 90% of the press — would be wearing burkas over 100X sunblock.

My wife had Fox on yesterday and I was stunned by that Cavuto interview.  Thankfully a doctor called into the program to correct him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This whole thread is ridiculous. Russia couldn't be happier with their investment.

Russian Communist leader, Nikita Khrushchev said:

“We will take America without firing a shot. We do not have to invade the U.S. We will destroy you from within.”

Edited by BillStime
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillStime said:

This whole thread is ridiculous. Russia couldn't be happier with his investment.

Russian Communist leader, Nikita Khrushchev said:

“We will take America without firing a shot. We do not have to invade the U.S. We will destroy you from within.”

The irony of you using this statement is off the charts

:lol: 

• Haha (+1) 4