The Big Gamble: Hydroxychloroquine

2 hours ago, shoshin said:

Say what? It’s been shown in several blinded studies to be ineffective. 

If people want to take it, so be it but it’s not proven in spite of being taken by a ton of people and subject to a lot of studies. At best it’s been shown as effective as placebo and at worst it harms patients. 

Might as well take quicksilver. 

Or wear a mask.........

27 minutes ago, BillStime said:

This whole thread is ridiculous. Russia couldn't be happier with their investment.

Russian Communist leader, Nikita Khrushchev said:

“We will take America without firing a shot. We do not have to invade the U.S. We will destroy you from within.”

The 80's called, they want their foreign policy back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

There have been multiple -- but they get suppressed, and certainly not reported in the establishment media who's goal is to make you afraid, not give you hope. Yet, nations are still buying the drug in bulk, and front line workers around the world are using them as preventatives with much success. 

https://aapsonline.org/hcq-90-percent-chance/

You should read the sources for that letter. There are several in vitro studies, a letter to an editor and the only things that look at all like studies of any group of humans are from China, which I’m pretty sure is a place you don’t believe.  Happy to dive into any one of them but doctors citing that kind of nonsense is embarrassing. 

The blinded western studies don’t back up any claim on HCQ. 

There is a large study ongoing on preventative possibilities but no results on that yet. That will be one of the last things that could justify its use since all the other “man taken off ventilator after starting HCQ” stories have not held up to rigorous scrutiny. 

Still nothing to show for all the talk. HCQ has been hyped vs AIDS and Ebola so it’s used to being in the Aaron Maybin role. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Tibs please listen to your doctor about prescription meds- if you are getting your meds based on politicians advice I think I might have pinpointed your real problem.

Problem is he's been off his meds for years.

Maybe the big fella is trying it as a weight loss drug,  he went all “melting snowflake” on Pelosi today.  He seems a bit touchy about his corpulence. I guess if he gets a little fatter (assuming that is possible) he may catch William Howard Taft and be top at least one presidential list: most slovenly chief executive ever.  

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Maybe the big fella is trying it as a weight loss drug,  he went all “melting snowflake” on Pelosi today.  He seems a bit touchy about his corpulence. I guess if he gets a little fatter (assuming that is possible) he may catch William Howard Taft and be top at least one presidential list: most slovenly chief executive ever.  

Lol that fat bastard! 

47 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Naw, that's only for stupid Democrats.  Death certainly makes you skinny.

31 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Kind of like how taking it as a preventative measure is only for stupid Trumpers.  Got it. 

No, it's not.  Stick to the what you know, which isn't medicine.

58 minutes ago, Doc said:

No, it's not.  Stick to the what you know, which isn't medicine.

So you believe HCQ should be taken as a prophylactic measure?  Maybe in a clinical study.   But not on a lark.  Like trump is doing.