Jump to content
BillsFan4

Thread: Pegula/Bills/Sabres COVID19 aid/relief efforts (Terry+Kim, Eichel, Josh Allen, Jeff Skinner, Josh Norman, Brandon Beane, etc.)

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, ngbills said:

Not trying to diminish this. Brees just donated $5M. Pegulas worth over $5 Billion...

 

Actually - trying to diminish this.

 

Good for Brees and the Pegulas. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Sorry.  I would expect more from the Pegulas.  Is it nice to donate 1.5 million.  Of course. 

We donate about 1% of our income to the poor each year. 

I dont have 5 Billion.  And I get they dont make that a year. 

1% is 50 million.  How many billions do you need.  This is unprecedented. 

 

 

Preeeeeeetty douchey, imo.

 

Pretty douchey.

 

  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tumaro02 said:

So did you donate the $25.00 or donate anything like Allen or do you just throw shade for the purpose of throwing it? You have zero idea what donations Allen makes in WNY including his work for O'shei Childrens Hospital and other charitable organizations. He is also on his rookie contract. Making that judgement is interesting.

Actually it’s more like 12.5k because he can write it off on his taxes.  Yes, it’s great that everyone is donating (any amount) but it is a very small amount relative to his 5M+ salary

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, krf139 said:

25k? That’s like me donating 25 bucks 

 But, have you?

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, krf139 said:

25k? That’s like me donating 25 bucks 

Cheap basterd , good QB though!!!

Edited by Putin
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people just enjoy being miserable apparently. How much of a douche bag does one have to be to question the amount of money someone donates?

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone crying about Pegula's wealth bother to consider that $1.2 million may have been all that was needed at this time?

 

It's not about how much they can afford; it's about what is actually needed to accomplish the goal. Yes, they *could* easily afford $50 million to donate. What happens with the remaining $48.8 million if it's not needed?

 

Or, to put it another way: Do you pack 1,000 lunches per day to feed 500 needy kids? Of course not, it's wasteful and stupid.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ngbills said:

Not trying to diminish this. Brees just donated $5M. Pegulas worth over $5 Billion...

Brees is not paying people Salaries either.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those saying Allen or the Pegula's should be donating more, grow up. 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2020 at 11:19 AM, Koko78 said:

Did anyone crying about Pegula's wealth bother to consider that $1.2 million may have been all that was needed at this time?

 

It's not about how much they can afford; it's about what is actually needed to accomplish the goal. Yes, they *could* easily afford $50 million to donate. What happens with the remaining $48.8 million if it's not needed?

 

Or, to put it another way: Do you pack 1,000 lunches per day to feed 500 needy kids? Of course not, it's wasteful and stupid.

 

Huh?

 

What if those kids want to eat lunch tomorrow too?

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

Huh?

 

What if those kids want to eat lunch tomorrow too?

 

 

Gee, you pack 500 the next day, instead of 1,000 the next day. Apparently the point was really hard to figure out.

 

Don't be dense.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

100 mil for the penn st hockey team.  1 mil for this. mmmk.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:


they don’t need to anything they don’t want to. But I think it must look pretty bad when a billionaire donates 1/4 of what a QB (brees) donates. It’s just an opinion. Maybe you can grow up and accept that people have different options. 

How many other owners donated $5M+? I accept people having different opinions, but you just sound whiny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

How many other owners donated $5M+? I accept people having different opinions, but you just sound whiny. 

 

For some reason, many people resent other people who are wealthy. I could venture guesses as to why, but that’s pointless. It just happens. Even crazier, they think they should have a say, or at least a meaningful opinion, about what these people should do with their wealth. Of course these resentful people are generally FAR less successful people. 

 

I won’t judge you by how much you do or do not give. The people who complain about “only $1.2 mil or more” have likely given absolutely nothing. Judge not, lest......

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, aristocrat said:

100 mil for the penn st hockey team.  1 mil for this. mmmk.

 

Can you break it down on how all that worked.  Is there a chance that that's part of why they might not liquid assets right now.  

 

And, how much did you give?

 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bbb said:

 

Can you break it down on how all that worked.  Is there a chance that that's part of why they might not liquid assets right now.  

 

And, how much did you give?

 

 

17 tenants i gave 3 months free rent. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Koko78 said:

 

Gee, you pack 500 the next day, instead of 1,000 the next day. Apparently the point was really hard to figure out.

 

Don't be dense.

 

It really was, since you are claiming there is a limit on the need for charitable contributions--which of course makes no sense.  It's always "needed".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...