Thread: Pegula/Bills/Sabres COVID19 aid/relief efforts (Terry+Kim, Eichel, Josh Allen, Jeff Skinner, Josh Norman, Brandon Beane, etc.)

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It really was, since you are claiming there is a limit on the need for charitable contributions--which of course makes no sense.  It's always "needed".

I never claimed there is a limit. I just said the whiners aren't considering that they may have donated what was necessary to carry out the function of the charity.

If the charity needs $1.2 million to get through the current crisis, donating $50 million, just because, makes little sense. Nothing prevents them from cutting another check later, if more money is needed.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I never claimed there is a limit. I just said the whiners aren't considering that they may have donated what was necessary to carry out the function of the charity.

If the charity needs $1.2 million to get through the current crisis, donating $50 million, just because, makes little sense. Nothing prevents them from cutting another check later, if more money is needed.

You said "what happens to the other 48.5 million if it's not needed".. Charity is always needed.  In this specific case, there is no end in sight to the need--it will be without limit.

On 3/26/2020 at 12:51 PM, MJS said:

Must remember that the owners have tons of employees and expenses related to stadiums and other things, so it isn't an apples to apples comparison. But yeah, you'd think owners would be able to donate more.

I get this, but they need to be taking care of the employees. My company has 10,000-plus employees, most of whom work on a strictly commission basis. If the company isn't bringing in money, we're not getting paid. But the owner/CEO/chairman of the company is vowed that not only will we not let go one single employee, they are paying EVERYONE their (almost) normal pay. All ten thousand employees. Hourly people get their full pay, commission employees will get 80% of their normal pay, regardless of if we work a single hour, and regardless of how slow our business is. 

THIS is how an employer should treat people.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, bbb said:

Somebody has 30 tenants and gave 6 months free

Unsure if you’re trying to prove a point here or just citing another good landlord. 

If you’re just citing another good landlord, good for him! 

If you’re trying to make a point. You didn’t. In your situation the other landlord gave no pass on rent to his tenants and told them they might have a place to live when this passes. Then gave a ton of money to the guys across the street for relief. But it’s a donation so he’ll get some of that back. 

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

Unsure if you’re trying to prove a point here or just citing another good landlord. 

If you’re trying to make a point. You didn’t. In your situation the other landlord gave no pass on rent to his tenants and told them they might have a place to live when this passes. Then gave a ton of money to the guys across the street for relief. But it’s a donation so he’ll get some of that back. 

How could you not get his point?  I guess you answered,  you're not even sure if he was trying to make one. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I get this, but they need to be taking care of the employees. My company has 10,000-plus employees, most of whom work on a strictly commission basis. If the company isn't bringing in money, we're not getting paid. But the owner/CEO/chairman of the company is vowed that not only will we not let go one single employee, they are paying EVERYONE their (almost) normal pay. All ten thousand employees. Hourly people get their full pay, commission employees will get 80% of their normal pay, regardless of if we work a single hour, and regardless of how slow our business is. 

THIS is how an employer should treat people.

...if they can...

That is super awesome that your employer CAN do that, and most would agree, those that can should. But...

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

17 tenants i gave 3 months free rent. 

Right on! That is very kind of you. I am trying now just to help my kids, since they are now both out of work.

17 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Gee, you pack 500 the next day, instead of 1,000 the next day. Apparently the point was really hard to figure out.

Don't be dense.

WEO is far from dense 

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm referring to the current COVID-19 crisis.

And he called you sense. 

1 hour ago, Mango said:

What in the ***** are you talking about? 

On 3/29/2020 at 2:38 PM, bbb said:

How do you know?  Have you looked into their finances - and natural gas prices, etc.?  

My point is, my employer is guaranteeing pay for 10,000 employees and is worth 20 % (about a billion) of what the Pegulas are worth. 

Hard to determine the total number of employees the Pegulas employ, given that they have so many different businesses, but it isn't 10,000... and again, they are worth $5 billion. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, CLTbills said:

My point is, my employer is guaranteeing pay for 10,000 employees and is worth 20 % (about a billion) of what the Pegulas are worth. 

Hard to determine the total number of employees the Pegulas employ, given that they have so many different businesses, but it isn't 10,000... and again, they are worth $5 billion. 

Who is your employer?