The Thread To Vent On Nancy Pelosi & Her Hubris

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

beginning to sound like Ol' Crazy Nancy is going to capitulate on the Corona stimulation bill. rumblings of removing her as speaker by members of her own party.

Considering there are many low probability ways of suing herself to the presidency, I would recommend going with the flow Nancy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

beginning to sound like Ol' Crazy Nancy is going to capitulate on the Corona stimulation bill. rumblings of removing her as speaker by members of her own party.

Probably more bad internal polling numbers than anything else.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Bizarre isn’t it?  

It really is.

First they impeach him for conducting foreign policy.

Now they’re floating doing it again for making judicial appointments.

I mean, how dare he uphold his Oath of Office and meet his Constitutional responsibilities.

How dare he!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It really is.

I mean, how dare he uphold his Oath of Office and meet his Constitutional responsibilities.

How dare he!

As I mentioned in another thread. Many years ago a wise man once said “elections have consequences.”  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It really is.

How dare he!

Not to mention the logic on this Merry-Go-Round of Stupid...the hypothetical impeachment vote would eventually be put in front of the same body that would vote on the Justice confirmation. So the Senate has to vote on impeachment to stop themselves from voting on the nominee. Who comes up with this *****?

Edited by Kevbeau
  • Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Kevbeau said:

Not to mention the logic on this Merry-Go-Round of Stupid...the hypothetical impeachment vote would eventually be put in front of the same body that would vote on the Justice confirmation. So the Senate has to vote on impeachment to stop themselves from voting on the nominee. Who comes up with this *****?

They're hoping that any impeachment trial would be strung along until January 4th, when the new Congress is sworn in (praying that the Democrats have a Senate majority.)

It's a stupid gambit. McConnell just has to get the Senate to pass trial rules that the House gets 1 hour to present their case, followed by an immediate vote to remove Trump, followed by an immediate vote to confirm the nominee.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Nancy is in panic mode.

Pelosi confuses some during interview on SCOTUS fight

by David Aaro

Original Article

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi left some viewers scratching their heads after what seemed like a brief communication issue during a Sunday morning news show. During an interview on ABC News’ “This Week,” Pelosi, D-Calif., was asked whether she and House Democrats would move to impeach President Trump in an effort to stop his U.S. Supreme Court pick from being confirmed to the bench -- following the death of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. “We have our options. We have arrows in our quiver that I’m not about to discuss right now, but the fact is we have a big challenge in our country,” Pelosi said.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Kevbeau said:

Desperate, incompetent people who are getting beat at the game they made the rules to.

• Like (+1) 3

On 9/21/2020 at 9:23 AM, Koko78 said:

They're hoping that any impeachment trial would be strung along until January 4th, when the new Congress is sworn in (praying that the Democrats have a Senate majority.)

It's a stupid gambit. McConnell just has to get the Senate to pass trial rules that the House gets 1 hour to present their case, followed by an immediate vote to remove Trump, followed by an immediate vote to confirm the nominee.

i could be wrong but i believe the Senate is under no obligation to hear an impeachment case. it is my understanding that they could just vote to table it.

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

i could be wrong but i believe the Senate is under no obligation to hear an impeachment case. it is my understanding that they could just vote to table it.

I think that they are Constitutionally required to have some sort of quick return on a trial, even if they halfass it. Both sides of the aisle were pretty clear, during the last impeachment joke, that the Senate had a Constitutional duty to set aside everything else to conduct some sort of trial.

Of course, there is no set procedure for how they conduct that trial, but I don't believe tabling it is an option. They can do an immediate vote to dismiss the allegations, but they still have to do something.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe Miner said:

The mythical place of eternal life we are to mock ACB for believing in also buried RGB?

Geez, didn’t realize heaven had gotten so rough.

Mythology is only cool when the libs use it.  Otherwise it's blasphemy and "anti-science."

Get back to baby killing, stat!

36 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

@Alaska Darin  You’re a Trump supporter?  Huh you’ve changed since you’ve been away. 

But seriously what on God’s green earth does his post have to do with Trump.  Here let me answer for you. 

NOTHING!!!

No reason to feed the stupid.  He/she/it/they just wants the attention his/her/its/ their family never gave them. 

• Like (+1) 2