Bills Sign Mario Addison on a 3 year deal

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm amazed that people think 10 per for a DE who has 40 sacks in his last 4 seasons is an overpay. You know that he has more sacks than Ngakoue who is asking for 22 right?

He isn't a guy who is often injured, knows McD scheme. Very strong run defender. What are people expecting here?

Edited by Seoulofstone
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

I fully expect Beane to draft a DE no later than 3rd round this year

Id be shocked if Trent Murphy is on this roster.  

Hughes and Addison should give us 2 years of good production at the DE spot before they potentially move on/retire.  We have Darryl Johnson, and I think we may be targeting Alton Robinson or Jabari Zuniga in the 3rd.  

Edited by SCBills

27 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Bears $5yrs $70M $30Mgtd

Wow- I thought Quinn would get 3 years at 15 per year- though maybe that is what it turns into

4 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

I'm amazed that people think 10 per for a DE who has 40 sacks in his last 4 seasons is an overpay. You know that he has more sacks than Ngakoue who is asking for 22 right?

He isn't a guy who is often injured, knows McD scheme. Very strong run defender. What are people expecting here?

In a Mc Beane defense the lineman are not the stars- the LBs are the stars and therefore we will not likely have any dominant players along the line but have great LBs.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

In a Mc Beane defense the lineman are not the stars- the LBs are the stars and therefore we will not likely have any dominant players along the line but have great LBs.

Not sure I agree though he clearly loves his LBs  His Superbowl defense featured Addison and Short as sack monsters and was among the sack leaders as a team. An effective pass rush is surely a preference. It makes everything easier.

18 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

The contract is fair and correct.  What concerns me is realistically because of him turning 33 in sept. we're probably only looking at 2 good years. I can see him and Jerry retiring together. We better start drafting some edge guys.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

The contract is fair and correct.  What concerns me is realistically because of him turning 33 in sept. we're probably only looking at 2 good years. I can see him and Jerry retiring together. We better start drafting some edge guys.

Truth.

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

What are you basing this off?

Less guaranteed money and front loaded to allow the Bills to get out after a season if needed.

The Bills could revamp their entire DE position after this year with very little dead cap hit. 

Spotrac has only 4 million in Dead Money in 2021 and 2 million in 2022.

Good contract for Bills and Mario.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/mario-addison-8871/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Seoulofstone said:

Not sure I agree though he clearly loves his LBs  His Superbowl defense featured Addison and Short as sack monsters and was among the sack leaders as a team. An effective pass rush is surely a preference. It makes everything easier.

McDermott should try to get kuechly to I retire lol. Would be awesome

42 minutes ago, BuffaloBill963 said:

McDermott should try to get kuechly to I retire lol. Would be awesome

It's fun to imagine, but Kuechly has been a pale shadow of what he was the past two years. He can still read what the offense is doing better than anyone in the game, but, noticeably slower and shy of contact since the concussions Its best for everyone that he's done 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Pretty much every snap I’ve seen Addison play in the nfl, he lined up on the right side.  Jerry’s side.  I hope one of them is equally talented rushing from the left

Yeah I mentioned that earlier as well. 

Someone else theorized that Jerry would move to the left side since hes done it before and can really get after the RT