RBs Jordan Howard, Lamar Miller reportedly FA targets for Bills (update - Howard to Miami)

2 hours ago, Monty98 said:

Looking at this, Howard would be a solid pick up. He's not going to wow you, but he's going to convert those 3rd and 3 or less situations we were so bad at last year. He also doesn't put the ball on the ground. Also he was moved out of Chicago based on the new Matt Nagy scheme plus when you have crazy contracts like Mack and needed to extend players like Eddie Jackson and Fuller coming up a RB isn't as valuable to you.

Lamar Miller is the dynamic back everyone cries for. Yes I know he's older but once Miller gets through the hole he's a home run threat every time. He's got that sneaky speed and he's the only RB with two TD runs of 95 yards or longer in NFL history.

Problem with Lamar is he’s injury prone and can be inconsistent as well. 

7 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Problem with Lamar is he’s injury prone and can be inconsistent as well. 

It's running back, also he wouldn't be our starter. Miller would be number two to Singletary, less concerned with consistency, more interested in what he does for us skill wise while he's on the field.

15 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Bank this:

Howard would be a waste of time and money.

Because?  

I'll assume you feel the same about Mark Ingram, Carlos Hyde and Latavius Murray.

Productive, veteran backs that are apart of a committee but can shoulder the load if need be.  They are valuable, whether fans on this board think so or not.

I'm glad Beane knows this.

Edited by Chicken Boo

14 minutes ago, Monty98 said:

It's running back, also he wouldn't be our starter. Miller would be number two to Singletary, less concerned with consistency, more interested in what he does for us skill wise while he's on the field.

He doesn't need to be a bellcow.  The bigger issue is that your medical people will want to do their own assessment on his knee so he is one of the guys who will likely get really screwed by this modified process right now.  Money is going to keep getting handed out while he's waiting to be seen by suitors.  If he doesn't want to wait then it will push his market value and guaranteed money way down.

16 hours ago, NewEra said:

Like I said before, what started this, he “fits a dick Jauron offense”.  

I hear ya and I believe that McB is interested. I just think he’s best served as our 3rd back and takes yeldons spot on the inactive list each week.  I’d be really happy with him in that role

I think the "Dick Jauron offense" is running into the pile and falling down?

16 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why is a running back so high?  Just draft a guy or sign one after training camp cuts for super cheap.

With wear and tear.  Like he’s not horrible but there’s a reason he’s about to be on his 3rd team in 3 years.  

running back should not a be a priority position. 

He doesn't have wear and tear.

This is a back up RB.  We lost Singletary for 6 games last year.  It's good to have good depth and you can't just put anyone back there.  

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

He doesn't need to be a bellcow.  The bigger issue is that your medical people will want to do their own assessment on his knee so he is one of the guys who will likely get really screwed by this modified process right now.  Money is going to keep getting handed out while he's waiting to be seen by suitors.  If he doesn't want to wait then it will push his market value and guaranteed money way down.

I'm aware the knee is giving some hesitation to teams, but if he had the surgery right away like most guys do, then I feel like the knee would be healed as of now. I get you'd want to do a once over as a staff, but it was torn in August so by March 17th he'd already be well into the rehab process.

56 minutes ago, Monty98 said:

I'm aware the knee is giving some hesitation to teams, but if he had the surgery right away like most guys do, then I feel like the knee would be healed as of now. I get you'd want to do a once over as a staff, but it was torn in August so by March 17th he'd already be well into the rehab process.

I;m well aware of when it's supposed to be healed.  But before you give a guy guaranteed money you do an evaluation to see how well it is healed.  Not everyone comes back the same way. See also, Jay Ajayi

I'm in on Howard. The guy doesn't really get much love. But look how the Bears and Trubisky fell off without him. And Philly was a way better offense when he was on the field for them. The guy won't light the field on fire, but will definitely help move the chains and sustain drives. Sign him and draft a speedy guy, then you have a pretty dynamic running game, with 3 pretty different styles of runners. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I;m well aware of when it's supposed to be healed.  But before you give a guy guaranteed money you do an evaluation to see how well it is healed.  Not everyone comes back the same way. See also, Jay Ajayi

Yeah I get that, but odds are it was James Andrews who did the surgery. Regardless he's going to get peanuts in terms of guaranteed money even if he is healthy. If you like him you take the risk of signing him pending physical. Most of these agreed upon contracts have probably weird language regarding the fact no one can do a physical yet.

Howard would have been nice, but really - IMHO - a luxury get at FA. Honestly, between WR and RB, this Draft can produce Day 1 starters through 3 Rounds, maybe 4. I completely understand the need to have Diggs come in for a 1st round pick, makes total sense and very good value at this point. However, spend too much money on a RB when a very good RB can be had in the 3rd or 4th round, or heck, if you really want one, get him in the 2nd. 

I'd think another DE, CB and OT would be targets at this point. Draft WR / RB / S would be priorities after that and maybe LB or CB depth. But money on a RB like Gordon, just doesn't compute in my mind. 

Give me Peyton Barber and Draft a quick change of pace receiving RB all day long and then sign Chris Harris and Bulaga or another RT the Bills love and Griffen for depth / situational pass rush. 

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Too bad, was looking at him as a nice add.  But wont lose sleep over it either.  Please don't now sign Lamar Miller.  

Sign Melvin Gordon or go get AJ Dillon in the draft please.

Pass on Lamar Miller, would have liked Howard. However it isn't a big loss. Draft a RB in round 3 or 4 and I think you are good. 

Just now, BigBuff423 said:

Howard would have been nice, but really - IMHO - a luxury get at FA. Honestly, between WR and RB, this Draft can produce Day 1 starters through 3 Rounds, maybe 4. I completely understand the need to have Diggs come in for a 1st round pick, makes total sense and very good value at this point. However, spend too much money on a RB when a very good RB can be had in the 3rd or 4th round, or heck, if you really want one, get him in the 2nd. 

I'd think another DE, CB and OT would be targets at this point. Draft WR / RB / S would be priorities after that and maybe LB or CB depth. But money on a RB like Gordon, just doesn't compute in my mind. 

Give me Peyton Barber and Draft a quick change of pace receiving RB all day long and then sign Chris Harris and Bulaga or another RT the Bills love and Griffen for depth / situational pass rush. 

I don't think the Bills will sign a starting caliber RT. I believe they are fine with Ford/Ty combo as they drafted Ford high and his play improved as the year went on. I think DT or CB is the last significant piece they add.