RBs Jordan Howard, Lamar Miller reportedly FA targets for Bills (update - Howard to Miami)

2 minutes ago, DJB said:

Howard ran a 4.59 at his pro day. So not an upgrade in terms of speed over Singletary . 

If this happens leads me to believe  we will target more of a speed guy at the draft  

Why? 

If anything, if Howard is signed I'd look for someone who's effective in a 3rd down role, particularly catching passes out of the backfield. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm pretty lukewarm on Howard, but would be okay with it. Signing him should not change their plans to draft a RB at all though. They still need playmakers. Howard is fine as a veteran and move the chains guy.

Also, having him would give us reasonable depth going into the draft so it doesn't feel like a pressing need and keeps options open, which is always good. 

52 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

no fumbles last year. 4.4 per carry, 25 years old. he can catch the ball well too. great backup to devin imo. doubt he costs much either.

He is actually brutal catching the ball. Stone hands.

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Paired well with Tarik in Chi. Sensational rookie year. 

Was puzzled the Bears ditched him for a sixth. 

but he certainly could be due for a bounce back season. 

He apparently didn’t fit the new offense In Chicago . But their running game missed him when he left. 

2 minutes ago, LEBills said:

1 fumble while rec which was rookie year.  10 catches on 14 targets last year. 20 of 27 year before. 23 0f 32 year before. the stats would say you are wrong. his best year was with....matt barkley lol

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, dje85 said:

We got multiple thousand yard seasons from him. They got an injured linebacker they eventually cut. How did it work out for them but not us? 

We got no playoffs they won a Superbowl. They obviously didn't need him and neither did the Bills since ewe did nothing with him on the team. Was a bad move.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

1 fumble while rec which was rookie year.  10 catches on 14 targets last year. 20 of 27 year before. 23 0f 32 year before. the stats would say you are wrong. his best year was with....matt barkley lol

Those are little dump offs though. Howard has never been the guy out running routes. 

8 minutes ago, LEBills said:

here's the issue with our offense. because allen is mobile teams tend to play a defense where screen passes are very difficult. brady had something like 175 targets to rbs last year and we had 75. it's not gonna be a huge part of our offense unless allen stops running. 

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Not thrilled with this.

The people here in Philthadelphia aren't all that keen on him.

Yes.

I'm in that area, and he was good until he hurt his shoulder, but then missed way more time than expected.

I'm ok with him at a modest price, but not alot of guarantees or years

5 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

We got no playoffs they won a Superbowl. They obviously didn't need him and neither did the Bills since ewe did nothing with him on the team. Was a bad move

Wait... What? are you making the case that the trade for Shady was a bad deal?

Also, Im pretty sure he helped break a 17 year playoff drought. Color me confused. ?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

He has that few catches because his teams know not to trust him. He's pretty much purely a 1st and 2nd down player that you put on the field if you want to tell the defense you're running the ball.

7 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

We got no playoffs they won a Superbowl. They obviously didn't need him and neither did the Bills since ewe did nothing with him on the team. Was a bad move.

This is a hilariously bad take. Shady was not the problem with those teams. Running back was a strong suit and our team was upgraded because of that deal. Trades can be good even if a team is bad. 

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

He has that few catches because his teams know not to trust him. He's pretty much purely a 1st and 2nd down player that you put on the field if you want to tell the defense you're running the ball.

he never fumbles. has nice ypc, catches at a nice catch percentage. so why don't teams trust him?  devin fumbles all the time. this guy never does

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Nothing really special about him.... IMO they need a dynamic back next to Singletary.

i'm saying they could certainly do worse. should they look for a stud in the draft...absolutely. but i'd say devin and jordan would be an upgrade over last year.