RBs Jordan Howard, Lamar Miller reportedly FA targets for Bills (update - Howard to Miami)

15 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Not thrilled with this.

The people here in Philthadelphia aren't all that keen on him.

I’m kind of meh on it as well. He’s just a guy. If he’s cheap and an upgrade to Gore that’s fine. I hope that they add someone more dynamic in the draft. Howard doesn’t do much to make the RBs better imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

The less holes you go into the draft with the better. Makes it all that much easier to take BPA. I think whatever vet the Bills bring in, wouldn't prevent them from taking another back in this class,.

Another back I'd like to see Buffalo pursue.

Good shout, I like Freeman a lot as well. How much money do you think he'll get and can we be confident that his injury issues are behind him? 

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wouldn’t be surprised.  Howard might be one of the most disrespected players in the league.  He’s much better than he gets credit for.  I think he and Singletary would be a potent duo.  

IMO, people are too enamored with break away speed rather than moving the chains.  Howard moves chains.  And Devin may not have elite speed, but he is plenty fast enough and more importantly game fast and averaged 5.1 ypc for a reason.

• Like (+1) 1

Jordan Howard would be a solid addition to our RB group. It would also fill a need which would free them up to move around their draft capital to get the guys they are truly targeting. I honestly think this is what will happen this year. I think we make moves in FA, re-sign our own, and condense our 9 picks to 4 or 5 guys they are truly after. Let the fun begin. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Not thrilled with this.

The people here in Philthadelphia aren't all that keen on him.

My issue with him is he's pretty much purely a two-down player and I'd prefer our vet RB to be the 3rd down guy since that's an area where Singletary struggled as a rookie and rookies in general struggle with it.

But Philly fans didn't like him because Philly's coaching staff did like him and that meant less touches for their heartthrob Miles Sanders.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Sorry for the stupid question, but when will be real deals reported? Today after noon ET, which is in less than 2 hours, when the "tampering" period starts?

Or on Wednesday when deals become official?

Deals will be agreed to and reported starting today, made official Wednesday. Could be pending physicals given current environment. 

2 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Sorry for the stupid question, but when will be real deals reported? Today after noon ET, which is in less than 2 hours, when the "tampering" period starts?

Deals will start to be reported after noon today. They'll become "official" on Wedesday. 

3 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

In a usual offseason, deals will start coming in today. They can't be made official until Wednesday but the word will leak out today. Not sure if the coronavirus will impact that at all but I would assume we'll have news to discuss today.

4 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

For them yea... For us... Did it?

We got multiple thousand yard seasons from him. They got an injured linebacker they eventually cut. How did it work out for them but not us? 

• Like (+1) 3