Texans: 10-6 and playoffs

Steelers: 8-8 and almost playoffs

Giants: 4-12

Seahawks: 11-5 and playoffs

Eagles: 9-7 and playoffs

Rams: 9-7 and almost playoffs

Vikings: 10-6 and playoffs

Ravens: 14-2 and playoffs

So almost every pick went to a playoff team from the previous year. This is such a disgrace.

Edited by Rigotz
  • Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Teams receiving third round comp picks this year:

Patriots: 12-4 and playoffs (x2)

So almost every pick went to a playoff team from the previous year. This is such a disgrace.

Teams that draft well end up in the playoffs and can let go of high priced players. Hopefully the Bills will be entering that category... It means you do very well getting talent b.c other teams sign for big money.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hardhatharry said:

Teams that draft well end up in the playoffs and can let go of high priced players. Hopefully the Bills will be entering that category... It means you do very well getting talent b.c other teams sign for big money.

I understand that's how it works, but it doesn't make sense in a league of supposed parity.  It's the opposite of the logic that is applied to the rest of the draft, i.e. the worst teams get the best draft value and vice versa.  

• Like (+1) 1

I am not sure why this is so hard to understand.

1.  You draft well and build a winner.

2.  Because you are winning your players are better and therefore more costly to keep.

3.  Because they are more expensive you push closer to the cap because you can't keep all of them.

4.  In order to make it fair for teams that draft well and win, but are subject to the cap to create parity you have #5.

5.  Rewarded comp picks to off set the fact that you have a salary cap and cannot keep all of your homegrown talent.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Capco said:

I understand that's how it works, but it doesn't make sense in a league of supposed parity.  It's the opposite of the logic that is applied to the rest of the draft, i.e. the worst teams get the best draft value and vice versa.  

Not really #1 worst team in the league get the best pick. You cant get higher than a 3rd... it really isnt that huge of a difference. Just dont pick a bad #1 pick.

No high Bills pick has really stuck with this team from the first round and we never get compensated for it... shame on the past Gms that picked ***** for us. Compensatory pick does not give you any huge advantage vs just ***** picks.

Edited by Hardhatharry

53 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

To an extent this makes sense but the formula is complete ass.

5 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Not really #1 worst team in the league get the best pick. You cant get higher than a 3rd... it really isnt that huge of a difference. Just dont pick a bad #1 pick.

No high Bills pick has really stuck with this team from the first round and we never get compensated for it... shame on the past Gms that picked ***** for us. Compensatory pick does not give you any huge advantage vs just ***** picks.

If it doesn't make a big difference then there isn't as much of an argument against getting rid of it.  

Edited by Capco

57 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Dont know why people want to change this now..

The Bills will more than likely be benefiting from Comp Picks come 2022 Draft...

Agreed, but, it is a flawed system.  They do need to do away with it or fix it to serve the purpose it was intended for to help compensate the lesser teams in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Manther said:

Agreed, but, it is a flawed system.  They do need to do away with it or fix it to serve the purpose it was intended for to help compensate the lesser teams in the league.

It was not intended to help the lesser teams in the league.

Again...

I am not sure why this is so hard to understand.

1.  You draft well and build a winner.

2.  Because you are winning your players are better and therefore more costly to keep.

3.  Because they are more expensive you push closer to the cap because you can't keep all of them.

4.  In order to make it fair for teams that draft well and win, but are subject to the cap to create parity you have #5.

5.  Rewarded comp picks to off set the fact that you have a salary cap and cannot keep all of your homegrown talent.

3 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Teams receiving third round comp picks this year:

Patriots: 12-4 and playoffs (x2)

Makes sense because playoff teams have strong rosters and can allow talent to walk without having to bring in a bunch of free agents.

Although I am personally of the belief that comp picks shouldn't even be a thing. I don't think teams should be rewarded for allowing talent to walk.

3 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I don't remember buffalo getting a 3rd when they lost  Gilmore 

The Bills likely signed a lot of free agents and didn't have a net loss.

Due to an oversight by the league office, New England was not granted a 4th round compensatory pick.  That pick has now been awarded.  To compensate the Patriots for their pain and suffering, the league has also granted New England a 5th round compensatory pick.