Full list of Comp picks

10 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Yes but even if he didn’t leave the Patriots, they get the same 4 comp picks and we still get 0.

We mist be speaking about 2 different things  I guess.

Bills get ZERO.   

Pats get 4 because they "lost" people, one of which went to buffalo and never played.  

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Bills get ZERO.   

Pats get 4 because they "lost" people, one of which went to buffalo and never played.  

Again, if you eliminate Waddle from the math, nothing changes. Patriots get the same 4 comp picks they got and Bills still get 0. See the link below. The Waddle signing didn’t impact either team’s comp picks. Patriots didn’t get one for Rowe even though they should have so Waddle ultimately didn’t matter for them. And the Bills were nowhere near getting a pick. 

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

On 3/10/2020 at 5:18 PM, Rigotz said:

Teams receiving third round comp picks this year:

Patriots: 12-4 and playoffs (x2)

Texans: 10-6 and playoffs

Steelers: 8-8 and almost playoffs

Giants: 4-12

Seahawks: 11-5 and playoffs

Eagles: 9-7 and playoffs

Rams: 9-7 and almost playoffs

Vikings: 10-6 and playoffs

Ravens: 14-2 and playoffs

So almost every pick went to a playoff team from the previous year. This is such a disgrace.

And all those teams lost players who got paid a lot.  Its as if - successful teams are able to withstand the loss of top level players...

Trey Flowers + Trent Brown

Za'Darius Smith + CJ Mosley

Landon Collins

Earl Thomas

Le'Veon Bell 

Nick Foles + Golden Tate

Rodger Saffold + LaMarcus Joyner

Tyrann Mathieu

Sheldon Richardson

They were the best free agents that didn't stay with their current team.  The teams were creative about how to replace them.  Patriots traded a pick for Bennett, drafted Winovich etc to replace Flowers, and already had Wynn on roster to replace Brown.  Ravens went young in their replacements. Giants moved Beckham to accumulate picks and players to replace Collins (who was massively overpaid).  Bell didnt even play the year before so.. he was already replaced.  Foles was a huge overpay to their backup QB, and Tate was overpaid as the beckham replacement.  Rams have moved so many picks its stunning, they don't play free agency, its more just madden trades.  

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Bills get ZERO.   

I don't know why everyones complaining.  2 of the highest paid free agents were Flowers and Brown.  They also lost malcolm brown on the Dline.  

We signed... 

Morse, Beasley, Brown, Kroft, Long, Nsekhe, Smith, Feliciano and lost... Miller.  Why would we get one?

23 hours ago, DCOrange said:

In case nobody else answered you, we didn't get a compensatory pick for him essentially because we signed Vlad Ducasse and Andre Holmes. It all depends on how many players you lose and how many you sign. I believe we ultimately signed the same number so therefore, we would have needed to release one of our signings during the year to get a comp pick for Gilmore. We ultimately decided not to release Ducasse or Holmes and therefore burned the asset. That was also the offseason we lost Woods so we could have gotten two good picks if we wanted, but Beane didn't prioritize that despite what he always says to the media.

No they didn't.

And looking back we'd say Beane what are ya doing?!  But we made the playoffs... and both played a fair amount.  Ducasse played 75% of snaps, and Holmes played both Offense and Special Teams.  

4 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I don't know why everyones complaining.  2 of the highest paid free agents were Flowers and Brown.  They also lost malcolm brown on the Dline.  

We signed... 

Morse, Beasley, Brown, Kroft, Long, Nsekhe, Smith, Feliciano and lost... Miller.  Why would we get one?

Because it seems to be the same thing year after year. 

Pats get rewarded for losing players they had no intent on keeping long term.

this is not my personal opinion but impressions I've read  - of the 8 you listed, most are  not elite players. 

IMO 3 of  which (maybe 5) were a good signing.   

39 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Because it seems to be the same thing year after year. 

Pats get rewarded for losing players they had no intent on keeping long term.

this is not my personal opinion but impressions I've read  - of the 8 you listed, most are  not elite players. 

IMO 3 of  which (maybe 5) were a good signing.   

Thats why good teams tend to not swim too deep in free agency, and put the priority on keeping their own.