Franchise Tag Tracker

ngbills

8 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Unfortunately even if they don’t tag him, I don’t think the Bills are in play for him. I heard today they are working on an extension for Croom, of all people. (Radio, sorry no link on that rumor.)

This is why he needs to be promoted to assistant nickle coach asap. Croom can't block, catch, run routes and has ball security issues. If we sign Croom we might as well sign Gore to a 3 year guaranteed contract.

22 hours ago, Smitty75 said:

On which player could we use the franchise tag ?

I’m curious to know what you guys think about that.

I'd use the tag on Phillips, Lawson or Spain and at the same time cut Murphy. None of them are worth tag level money but I'd overpay any of these three for one year.  I don't understand why they would not weaponize the tag to have at least some control.  There will still be plenty of cap space left to sign any combination of free agents they want.  By not committing beyond one year it leaves plenty of cap space next year for Tre and possibly Dawkins (I'd let Dawkins walk unless she takes a team friendly offer).  If they get a bunch of guys in free agency they can rescind the tag if the players don't sign it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Smitty75 said:

I was thinking of using it on Lawson or Phillips also, we gonna see what the F.O will decide about it.

Phillips was more productive but Lawson still has room to improve, it's not an easy decision !

Neither is worth a top 5 - 10 contract.  This is how teams get into salary cap hell.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Smitty75 said:

I was thinking of using it on Lawson or Phillips also, we gonna see what the F.O will decide about it.

Phillips was more productive but Lawson still has room to improve, it's not an easy decision !

Glad you're not the GM!

They both were productive, but neither is anywhere close to being tag worthy. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ahaha i see that my opinion received great critics on this thread, otherwise i completely forgot that placing the franchise tag on a player could cost that much of money, so i retire what I say ! ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Interesting comment. Could a player appeal their franchise designation?

Jimmy Graham did it one year, appealing to be a WR... I think he lost. Judon would theoretically have a better leg to stand on. Won't matter when he get's traded/signed long term. 

I am now officially done with the trade and tag. I think there should be penalties for teams that use the tag without signing players to long term deals. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Interesting comment. Could a player appeal their franchise designation?

there have been battles over it

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I am now officially done with the trade and tag. I think there should be penalties for teams that use the tag without signing players to long term deals. 

seeing that is what the intent was

• Thank you (+1) 1

Here's what I hate about threads like this, you have to search through the entire thread to find all the latest.  Admittedly currently only 2 pages long, but many of these will become 50 page threads.

Often see things pinned to the top like a poll, wondering if there's a way the summary can stay at the top.  Obviously would require someone going in maybe couple times a day to update the latest, but would make it easier  A ticker would be really cool with the latest that scrolls across.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Hunter Henry just tagged. Really sucks as he was my top FA target. What's the point of having over $90M in cap room if all the better FA's are tagged.

To re-sign your own

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1