Covid-19 discussion and humor thread [Was: CDC says don't touch your face to avoid Covid19...Vets to the rescue!

2 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Received a phone call yesterday from my family in Buffalo. My uncle passed away from the virus, he was 87. My cousin couldn’t contact him so he went over to my uncle’s house. He found him unconscious on Saturday, and he passed away Wednesday. They couldn’t see him to say goodbye. Can’t have any service, and he’s being cremated. My cousin and his wife are now in 14 day quarantine. Out of 10 siblings, my 89 year old mother is the last one left.

So sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and your family. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PastaJoe said:

Received a phone call yesterday from my family in Buffalo. My uncle passed away from the virus, he was 87. My cousin couldn’t contact him so he went over to my uncle’s house. He found him unconscious on Saturday, and he passed away Wednesday. They couldn’t see him to say goodbye. Can’t have any service, and he’s being cremated. My cousin and his wife are now in 14 day quarantine. Out of 10 siblings, my 89 year old mother is the last one left.

condolences 

• Like (+1) 2

They are literally on top of people in NYC! 

I'd rather live in a graduate dorm @ a large university than NYC.  I'd rather die by.smell of exploding kimchi from the communal microwave.  Oh wait... COVID-19 has been said to give a person lack of taste, smell and pink eye:

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/03/31/coronavirus-symptoms-taste-smell/amp/

Still give me the graduate dorm at large Midwestern Land-Grant school over NYC.

16 hours ago, Augie said:

I went shopping for my mom today and delivered it to her. Apparently, all it took to get Atlanta traffic to a reasonable level was a global pandemic! 

That's my best shot at a silver lining......    ?‍♂️

You know Augie there may actually be some silver linings. You just touched on one. Due to the stay at home order Automobile accidents resulting in the loss of life should go down. I'm sure plenty of folks are drinking alcohol ,but not doing it at a bar or club and having to drive home. Seasonal flu related deaths should go down. The spread of the common cold resulting in pneumonia related deaths should go down. Just to name a few.

The flu alone kills tens of thousands every year...( just lost my aunt)

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, K-9 said:

So, the Navy is gonna fire the captain who raised the alarm about the virus spread on the Theodore Roosevelt. I think that sucks. He was looking out for his crew. 

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/coronavirus/navy-expected-to-fire-captain-raised-alarm-coronavirus-aircraft-carrier/2298393/

Are they mad because the media found out about it?

What is the captain of another ship supposed to do if/when infections occur?
Is this intended to scare other ship captains into not admitting it?

Does this imply that other ships are also infected but their captains are keeping it quiet?

edit.  It’s because he went public.  Leaked a memo.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-navy-exclusive/exclusive-u-s-navy-expected-to-relieve-commander-of-coronavirus-stricken-aircraft-carrier-idUSKBN21K3B9

Edited by Gray Beard

59 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Are they mad because the media found out about it?

What is the captain of another ship supposed to do if/when infections occur?
Is this intended to scare other ship captains into not admitting it?

Does this imply that other ships are also infected but their captains are keeping it quiet?

edit.  It’s because he went public.  Leaked a memo.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-navy-exclusive/exclusive-u-s-navy-expected-to-relieve-commander-of-coronavirus-stricken-aircraft-carrier-idUSKBN21K3B9

I wonder if it was him that leaked it, though. I’d bet it was a civilian at the Pentagon before I’d think it was him. The Secretary of the Navy said he doesn’t know who leaked it. Anyway, he at least gets to keep his rank if not his ship and crew. 

11 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

Profound condolences. 

• Thank you (+1) 1