Tee Higgins was tired so he chose not to participate

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He said two months, not one month

It was a made up quote for some reason. This is what he said

“We had a long season and I only had four or five weeks to prepare for this, and I feel like that's not enough time to compared to all these other guys who had two months," Higgins told Colleen Wolfe and Andrew Hawkins as part of NFL Media's Scouting Combine Today.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/combine-today/0ap3000001103923/Tee-Higgins-explains-why-he-didn-t-do-drills-at-the-combine

“...compared to all these others guys who had two months...a month”

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He said two months, not one month

It was a made up quote for some reason. This is what he said

“We had a long season and I only had four or five weeks to prepare for this, and I feel like that's not enough time to compared to all these other guys who had two months," Higgins told Colleen Wolfe and Andrew Hawkins as part of NFL Media's Scouting Combine Today.

Incorrect.  "He said two months or a month."

His own words. 

Plenty of us said it's not that big of a deal but when you're using that as your excuse for not participating - it would help him to be better prepared with his answer.  That's all.  

Edited by White Linen

Just now, White Linen said:

Incorrect.  "He said two months or a month."

His own words. 

The quote I have is from the NFL.com article ... your quote up thread is incorrect as well then. I’m unsure what people are criticizing about what he said

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The quote I have is from the NFL.com article ... your quote up thread is incorrect as well then. I’m unsure what people are criticizing about what he said

I listened to the live interview with 2 NFL.com hosts.  It's literally what he said and I heard it from his mouth. 

:15 second mark

http://www.nfl.com/videos/combine-today/0ap3000001103923/Tee-Higgins-explains-why-he-didn-t-do-drills-at-the-combine

Edited by White Linen

33 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I listened to the live interview with 2 NFL.com hosts.  It's literally what he said and I heard it from his mouth. 

:15 second mark

Ok I was confused with people quoting about 4-5 weeks = a month. He obviously said 2 months and the point he was making was they had an extra month. What is the issue with the quote though? 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Whether by design or by accident, a fair amount of further information has come out regarding the situation since Fergy posted the original item.  It’s interesting to see just how much our perceptions of the player can be changed as these details emerge.  

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Mocked to us in McShay's latest

In his podcast, Joe Marino said an inside source at the combine told him that the Bills really like Higgins...  

• Like (+1) 1

Yea...   This thread will be completely irrelevant after March 12th.  He’s many things...  Soft..  Not so much.

And I’m sure the Bills are hoping 21 teams think the same as some of you folks (with respect).

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

In his podcast, Joe Marino said an inside source at the combine told him that the Bills really like Higgins...  

Very interesting. I like Higgins quite a bit and think he's been critiqued more harshly than other WR prospects for some reason. I would be pretty happy to have him at #22; probably not my #1, maybe not even among my top 3 realistic options, but he's close.

Something like Higgins in the 1st (or possibly trade-up in the 2nd) and someone that's a little more explosive after the catch like Duverney, Hightower, or Edwards on Day 3 would be a pretty nice haul for us IMO.

16 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Very interesting. I like Higgins quite a bit and think he's been critiqued more harshly than other WR prospects for some reason. I would be pretty happy to have him at #22; probably not my #1, maybe not even among my top 3 realistic options, but he's close.

Something like Higgins in the 1st (or possibly trade-up in the 2nd) and someone that's a little more explosive after the catch like Duverney, Hightower, or Edwards on Day 3 would be a pretty nice haul for us IMO.

I mean this is getting a bit boring. I feel like I am just stalking you around the board saying "+1". 

But.... +1. 

I won't be around here too much next week as I am off to the horse racing for 3 days. In my absence could my valued TSW friends (and @Gugny) just accept what @DCOrange says as my opinion? 

Ta. 

• Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ok I was confused with people quoting about 4-5 weeks = a month. He obviously said 2 months and the point he was making was they had an extra month. What is the issue with the quote though? 

Nothing really, other than I personally don't think he was clear and he gaffed.  He said he only had 4-5 weeks and they had a month or two to prepare (said in reverse).  I don't think it's going to effect anything but he didn't come off as overly bright.  Again, I don't think WR's (as I said above) need to be my smartest players.  I also thought the portion where he's talking about what he "brings to the table" was brutal.  

In a draft full of good wrs it doesnt take much to fall behind a good amount of other players.  Higgins hurt himself.  The draft is deep.  Outside of one of Buffalos top 15 players being availbe at 22 the best move is to trade down.  Get as many day 2 picks as possible.

On 3/1/2020 at 4:46 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Plus he played in the National Championship game 6 weeks ago so he wasn’t ready. 

Meanwhile, a 330 pound OL from Iowa practiced at his school and absolutely killed it at the combine. 

Just say no to Sammy Watkins Jr. 

Who is this kid’s agent ?????? His cousin ??

8 hours ago, mannc said:

I really like Marino, and I listened as well, but sometimes stuff like this I wonder if that someone from the Bills that likes him is an area scout or something like that. And idk, it just doesn’t seem like they scouted Clemson enough to really have their sights set on him? But that’s just me. 

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The issue is you’re missing part of the quote. It’s been explained to you, but many places are leaving out the last part of what he said. . The real, full quote is “We had a long season and I only had four or five weeks to prepare for this, and I feel like that’s not enough time compared to all these other guys who had two months, or a month.“  if you watch the clip, you’ll understand the disconnect. 

2 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

I really like Marino, and I listened as well, but sometimes stuff like this I wonder if that someone from the Bills that likes him is an area scout or something like that. And idk, it just doesn’t seem like they scouted Clemson enough to really have their sights set on him? But that’s just me. 

Well, if the Biils are not scouting Clemson extensively, they’re not doing their jobs...

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, mannc said:

Well, if the Biils are not scouting Clemson extensively, they’re not doing their jobs...

That was my feeling too. How can they have sent nobody all year to watch the number 2 team in the country? Seems highly irregular of its true.