LSU RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire formally meets with Bills

MAJBobby

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's hardly the first shorter feature back in the NFL...(and I'm being generous in labeling him as a feature back-he wasn't last season).  You can go all the way back to a guy named Barry Sanders (5' 8") if you want to start such a straight line, then to Emmitt Smith (5' 9"), Ray Rice, Frank Gore, etc....

So I doubt many (if any) scouts/GMs/HC's at the combine are drawing your direct line to Singletary.  Teams that didn't play the Bills likely didn't watch any film on him at all. He didn't exactly tear it up, given his limited usage.

You're probably right, but I i remember Motor getting some flak for being smaller and not a "speed" guy. 

I also disagree with him not tearing it up. He had one of the highest yards per touch of anyone in the league and thoroughly impressed, even if his usage left something to be desired. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, finn said:

Why pick a Singletary clone with a high pick? At least choose someone with complementary skills. A banger, for instance. 

We just need a good runner to complement Singletary IMO. We can find a more unique skillset (ala a power back or a receiving back) in free agency.

And CEH would give us the receiving back we need in addition to being a good runner.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Thin RB class and Combine performance likely will give him a round bump. My grades are never gospel just pointing out where I see him currently. 

I think he and Wirfs are the only confirmed meets I have seen so far. 

I had read that it’s a thin RB class, then I started watching some tape and I’m really impressed several of them.

While I’ve only started looking at about half of the prospects I’d rank Swift and Akers as 1 and 2 so far.  

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

"I'm exclusive" doesn't sound like a process guy.

“Go with God, Crispy.” ?

18 minutes ago, finn said:

Why pick a Singletary clone with a high pick? At least choose someone with complementary skills. A banger, for instance. 

I’d rather have speed...

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I had read that it’s a thin RB class, then I started watching some tape and I’m really impressed several of them.

While I’ve only started looking at about half of the prospects I’d rank Swift and Akers as 1 and 2 so far.  

Akers was such a big time recruit out of HS. Shame he went to FSU where they can’t block. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Akers was such a big time recruit out of HS. Shame he went to FSU where they can’t block. 

Yeah I was shocked when I watched his tape.  I hadn’t seen him play before.  He really stood out as the best until I really dug into the swift tape.  Still haven’t really studied Taylor, Vaughn, moss or perine 

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I have him as a 4th round Grade. 

Hes probably going 2nd or 3rd round. 

Daniel Jeremiah and Brooks have him as their 3rd overall RB

I have him ranked 4th after Taylor

Edited by DJB

1 hour ago, finn said:

80% of CEH runs went up the middle at LSU, he can bang between the tackles.

Hes also an adept receiver out of the backfield. 

To be honest, he would sit atop the depth chart in Buffalo and make Singletary the backup. 

Hes that good of an RB. Think Maurice Jones Drew. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Same with Vaughn and Perine. I think all three could magically look a lot better behind a legit Oline. 

If you look at Dobbins, Taylor, and Swift , who are all very good, don’t get me wrong, you do also have to look at their OLs which - especially  this year for Dobbins - were amazing in run blocking. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If you look at Dobbins, Taylor, and Swift , who are all very good, don’t get me wrong, you do also have to look at their OLs which - especially  this year for Dobbins - were amazing in run blocking. 

Is that why Dobbins isn't ranked very high?  Every OSU game I watched he flashed as a man among boys.

2 minutes ago, section122 said:

Is that why Dobbins isn't ranked very high?  Every OSU game I watched he flashed as a man among boys.

I think he is ranked pretty high. 

I think he is very good and will transition well to the nfl. I also think he had very good blocking. Not in 2018 but he did in 2019. His performance was, in fact, better in 2019 but he also didn’t split carries and he got leaner before the season. I would attribute what I thought was a fantastic season (and career) to both his own work ethic and to the offense he was in, plus the OL.

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he is ranked pretty high. 

I think he is very good and will transition well to the nfl. I also think he had very good blocking. Not in 2018 but he did in 2019. His performance was, in fact, better in 2019 but he also didn’t split carries and he got leaner before the season. 

He's anywhere from end of first round to 2nd round.  I expected him to be a solid first rounder specifically for a team like KC as his floor.  I was surprised to see him lasting in mocks well into the 2nd round.  I guess that is highly rated but he is someone I would love the Bills to grab if he were sitting there in the 2nd.