LSU RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire formally meets with Bills

MAJBobby

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Totally running back is the most unique position...

It takes a variety of factors to have excellent success including having a great run blocking line

Running back is a position that you look for traits not necessarily statistics.. 

Quickness, vision ,ability to make a defender Miss in a phone booth.. running through contact, balance, change of direction

All mean more than statistics

So..........Singletary type guys.   

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

With Daboll coming from NE where they use different RBs to attack defenses weekly in different ways, I feel like he will always gravitate toward a RBBC approach. I could be wrong but we will get more of an idea based on how they replace Gore. 

agreed. Bills have not had the talent to find out what Daboll wants. or can do. this year will be fun to see how they respond to Brian's vision.

as you said , how they fill out the RBs will tell plenty. along with Dimarco and L. Smith

12 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

thin class. Sorry that is the reality and I am not the only one that says it. 

I simply disagree. In YOUR OPINION it's a thin class. YOUR OPINION is YOUR OPINION. That doesn't make it reality

Others see good depth in the mid roumds

8 hours ago, Augie said:

That’s the thing with RB’s, you don’t have to be a Heisman candidate from a huge school to step in and make waves in the NFL. Some guy most people (that would definitely include ME) have never heard of will come in and make a huge splash early. 

Precisely. Some people just judge it off high profile day 1 guys, not recognising RB is a position you tend to get contributors from all rounds. 

Take AJ Dillon for example, he is seen as likely mid day 3,but a lot of people see him as a viable contributor. The thing with RB is you get value from role players, it's not just about feature back full time starters 

16 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

3rd round would be amazing.  I think he goes in the 2nd.  

Got to agree. If he is there after the second round finishes, I’d be cool is Beane moved up to grab him.

i get a Nick Chubb feeling when I watched Clyde run. Clyde broke Bama’s back with clock consuming runs in the fourth quarter. I would love him for the Bills.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

If CEH is there in the 3rd and the Bills get him, I’m personally offering to pay for his flight to Buffalo.

A little fact y’all might not know, In 2018, CEH and a friend of his from high school went to sell a PlayStation to a guy who ended up pulling a gun on CEH and his friend and tried to rob them. Either CEH or the friend pulled a gun himself and shot the robber and killed him in self defense.

They never openly said who the shooter was but a lot of speculation that it was CEH because he has a concealed carry license and his Dad, a police officer had trained him in those situations.

RB1

4 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Got to agree. If he is there after the second round finishes, I’d be cool is Beane moved up to grab him.

i get a Nick Chubb feeling when I watched Clyde run. Clyde broke Bama’s back with clock consuming runs in the fourth quarter. I would love him for the Bills.

totally agree.  And you can tell our coaches want to sit on leads with running.  Not exactly my style, but the Steelers SB teams in the early 2000's had success doing that.  And if you play that style, I agree, Clyde is a guy who can do it.  

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

totally agree.  And you can tell our coaches want to sit on leads with running.  Not exactly my style, but the Steelers SB teams in the early 2000's had success doing that.  And if you play that style, I agree, Clyde is a guy who can do it.  

Sarcasm?

10 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

I simply disagree. In YOUR OPINION it's a thin class. YOUR OPINION is YOUR OPINION. That doesn't make it reality

Others see good depth in the mid roumds

Precisely. Some people just judge it off high profile day 1 guys, not recognising RB is a position you tend to get contributors from all rounds. 

Take AJ Dillon for example, he is seen as likely mid day 3,but a lot of people see him as a viable contributor. The thing with RB is you get value from role players, it's not just about feature back full time starters 

And you opinion is it isn’t a thin class. Your Opinion is Your Opinion and it doesn’t make it a reality. Neither of our opinions do. It is just Bills opinion 

The more I think about it, the more I hope the Bills find a legit running back to pair with Singletary.

No bargain basement veteran that isn't that good, no 6th round afterthought, no 36-year-old who we bring just for leadership...

I'm talking a legitimate, talented, touchdown-scoring complement to Motor. Build a true two headed (or three headed) monster in the backfield.

The surest path I see to consistent offensive production in the immediate future is to hedge more toward the Baltimore/San Fran gameplan (lean fully into a diverse, menacing run game, build a creative play-action game off of that) than the Kansas City model. Yes, I'm fully aware that passing wins in the 2020 NFL, but that's not EXCLUSIVELY true. Again, Baltimore and San Fran's recent success shows that. Furthermore, I think building a scary running game is what would help Allen most. I'd like to see him take the Roethlisberger/Cam Newton path: complement the running game and be more of a game manager and a running threat while he learns and progresses, and then, as he gets the mental aspects of the game down, grow into more of a pass happy offense. 

Give me a high quality running back or two to pair with Motor, upgrade at TE2, and start running a lot of 12 personnel. Make the defense pick their poison.

Specifically, with regard to the subject of this thread, Edwards-Helaire would form an AWESOME 1-2 punch with Motor. People may say their skillsets are too similar, but I don't care. Having two three-down backs is NEVER a bad thing.

This is THE one draft pick I hope Bills select. I like several LSU players, but Clyde Edwards-Helaire is at the top of my want list. I’m hoping they get him in the 2nd round, because I don’t think he’ll be there at their 3rd. 

• Like (+1) 1

Guy is terrific catching passes out of the backfield so hed be a big upgrade on Singletary there.

But to me they are really similar runners inside. Similar size and 40 as well. 

I'd like a different flavor of RB back there.  A big powerful guy or more of a speed guy if possible. 

If we can get both like Swift, Taylor or Dobbins then I'd be all for it

3 minutes ago, DJB said:

Guy is terrific catching passes out of the backfield so hed be a big upgrade on Singletary there.

But to me they are really similar runners inside. Similar size and 40 as well. 

I'd like a different flavor of RB back there.  A big powerful guy or more of a speed guy if possible. 

If we can get both like Swift, Taylor or Dobbins then I'd be all for it

Matt Miller latest mock has Dobbins going in the 3rd

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Matt Miller latest mock has Dobbins going in the 3rd

I'd be shocked if he wasn't picked in the top 60. Hes my favorite RB in this draft. 

But really there are a lot of good RB I'd love to add to our backfield 

Dobbins (best all around RB in the draft imo with high end skillset too)

Taylor (power and speed, some ? about hands  had almost 1k touches in College so a negative)

Swift (3 down RB, beautiful hands, excellent speed and elusiveness 

Akers (Speed and elusiveness)

AJ Dillon ( almost exact same combine numbers as D Henry, hes a load)

CEH (better pass catching Singletary type)

Moss (even though he ran a slow 40 hes a banger like Marshawn Lynch)

Edited by DJB