Beane and McDermott interviews from Combine

YoloinOhio

21 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Big offseason for this team. We need to nail it. 

So very true, so much hinges on how this off season works out. 
Good to see the “ need to score more points” comment, not that it wasn’t already very obvious. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Can't see it. What happened? Were punches thrown?

You know what, i don’t know. I tried to look at :58 but didn’t see anything. It was the best video I had of the whole interview though. 

40 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Can't see it. What happened? Were punches thrown?

Oh here it is 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

This isn’t just an empty answer on Star L. it’s what he and McDermott believe.  They have earned the right by having a top 3 defense to make these judgements despite what some from the peanut gallery have to say.

”It gives us a little money to use elsewhere. Unfortunately, he doesn’t get the credit he deserves. I'm probably his biggest defender out there and will continue to be... he eats blockers and helps our run defense. He got some guaranteed money that protected him and he gave us something back in return.”

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Big offseason for this team. We need to nail it. 

Huh... seems like this is said every single year. You know what? They are ALL super important. I would say this off season is less important than the last two were. But still super important.

Thank you Yolo! I obviously missed the memo on reducing interviews from 60 to 45. That sucks! This is the place that brings the best players to show their wares. Where’s the intelligence in significantly reducing the opportunities to interview prospects?? WTH?!?

PROCESS. We must have PROCESS, Dammit!

• Thank you (+1) 1

I watched them both live today.  Good interviews.  My biggest takeaway is that I think we are going to look at the right side of the OL or DE in the first round.  Many times it was mentioned just how deep this WR group is.  And Beane said they weigh is that the next guy or two at that position close in ranking where say another position there is a big drop off.  

With how many times he kept saying how deep WR is and how much value he put on the EDGE and OL, I think that unless there is some surprise slip of Juedy or Lamb, that they are going to go another direction in the first and look at the 2nd and 3rd rounds for WR help.

McD was very adamant that Ford is not locked into guard or tackle.  If there is a RT at 22, I have no doubt they would pull the trigger if he is a guy they covet.  They don't appear to have any hesitation to move Ford to guard if they feel its best for the team to draft another RT at 22 or even in the 2nd.  

None of this was much of a surprise of course, I had felt DE was the most likely pick at 22 unless one of the premiere WR prospects slip.  I do think the Drugger is potential guy for us at 22 too.  I did not at first, but after hearing how much time they invested in scouting him and more and more I hear about him, I am starting to think he is a guy that could be in play, maybe even in a trade down scenario picking up an extra 2nd or 3rd depending on how far we actually moved.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2