Bleacher Report predicts Funchess to Bills

BillsMafi$

Out of that group, I'd like to see Randall Cobb in a Bills uniform. Sounds like he could be a cap casualty in Dallas, and we've got lots of space. BR predicts he goes to New Orleans, but with their QB situation in limbo, Buffalo sounds like a better destination for him.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Seems like a prediction they're making based upon the Carolina connection. 

He was available in FA last year and Beane passed.

On a per-game basis, we actually got more production out of Duke Williams than Carolina got out of Funchess in 2018 (in fact, in 3 of his 4 years there). 

• Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

beane has said it like 100 times he wants speed for allen. so expect whoever we sign or draft to have a fast 40

...from what I've read, especially here from our TBD collegiate ball experts, this is the deepest WR class "in years".....I believe the Daniel Jeremiah quote was, "could be the fastest WR class in history"........so why not trade down to 27 to pick up an extra 2nd, grabbing a WR with either pick in that round?...with the anticipated depth, I'd guess there would still be some significant value available.........

• Like (+1) 6

23 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

beane has said it like 100 times he wants speed for allen. so expect whoever we sign or draft to have a fast 40

Has he actually?  I've heard him say a lot that he wants more playmakers around Allen, but not speed in particular.

I just don't think we'll be seeing Devin Funchess here.  I could be wrong.

10 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...from what I've read, especially here from our TBD collegiate ball experts, this is the deepest WR class "in years".....I believe the Daniel Jeremiah quote was, "could be the fastest WR class in history"........so why not trade down to 27 to pick up an extra 2nd, grabbing a WR with either pick in that round?...with the anticipated depth, I'd guess there would still be some significant value available.........

Deep class = means talent in all the rounds; not elite talent and when you look at it - the deep talent will not help much in 2020, perhaps in 2021 & 2022. They need some time to marinate and learn

Edit: We don't need more picks, we don't need more players to fill out a roster; we need more elite playmakers at skill positions on the offensive side of the ball; and most importantly, ones that can contribute quickly & there is only way place in the draft you find them

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Deep class = means talent in all the rounds; not elite talent and when you look at it - the deep talent will not help much in 2020, perhaps in 2021 & 2022. They need some time to marinate and learn

Edit: We don't need more picks, we don't need more players to fill out a roster; we need more elite playmakers at skill positions on the offensive side of the ball; and most importantly, ones that can contribute quickly & there is only way place in the draft you find them

...Beane will package up lower round picks to move up anyway.....anyway, his WR moves albeit draft and/or FA will be interesting............

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

Out of that group, I'd like to see Randall Cobb in a Bills uniform. Sounds like he could be a cap casualty in Dallas, and we've got lots of space. BR predicts he goes to New Orleans, but with their QB situation in limbo, Buffalo sounds like a better destination for him.

I don’t see it. He’s a slot guy and already knows McCarthy’s system. Unless they do some maneuvering to keep B Jones along with DAK & Amari I think Cobb will stay in Dallas.