Better Owner - Terry Pegula (Sabres) or Ralph Wilson (Bills)?

Better Owner - Terry Pegula (Sabres) or Ralph Wilson?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better Buffalo owner

• Ralph Wilson (Bills)
    • Terry Pegula (Sabres)

wow....---pegula ever so slightly

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The Bengals had 4-6 regional scouts in there front office for years. Still do

That's cheap 

He's a HoF owner yea his track record speaks for itself

2 AFL titles 4 AFC championships, HoF players and a legacy of the Bills

Not every team can win the SB yearly.. we struggled for 17 years because we didn't have a QB

ralph was awful.....over 50  years the bills there were few worse franchises.lions,jets,dolphins,browns,bengals,chargers.thats about it. 24th out of 30

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Tcali said:

wow....---pegula ever so slightly

ralph was awful.....over 50  years the bills there were few worse franchises.lions,jets,dolphins,browns,bengals,chargers.thats about it. 24th out of 30

In 100 years of NFL football only 15 owners have the privilege of being a HoFr

Ralph is 1

Lions , Jets, Dolphin's, browns , Bengals, charger's, Texans, Titans, Cardinals , Panthers , falcons , saint's have all been all around worse since the Bills inception and I can argue other teams

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2662347-nfls-greatest-franchise-rankings-success.amp.html

This list has the Bills top 10 as a football franchise. Is it gospel? No , but it shows we are alot better than 24th as a franchise

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The Bengals had 4-6 regional scouts in there front office for years. Still do

That's cheap 

He's a HoF owner yea his track record speaks for itself

2 AFL titles 4 AFC championships, HoF players and a legacy of the Bills

Not every team can win the SB yearly.. we struggled for 17 years because we didn't have a QB

I completely disagree.  The Bills lost for 17 years because Ralph repeatedly empowered the wrong people and was afraid to hire from the outside.  

From a football standpoint, Ralph was a terrible owner

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I completely disagree.  The Bills lost for 17 years because Ralph repeatedly empowered the wrong people and was afraid to hire from the outside.  

From a football standpoint, Ralph was a terrible owner

He's one of 15 owners in 100 years enshrined forever. The NFL disagrees

Edited by Buffalo716

31 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

That's your opinion.

Hmmm, I guess that will work... 

Go Bills!!!

I think the Pegulas hit an absolute home run with their GM and coaching hires in 2017 with the Bills and that is probably the biggest if not the only factor to consider at this point. A lot of that is luck since you are at the mercy of who is available at the time you are in the market for these positions. They have not have had the same type of luck on the Sabres side when they need to fill those positions and unless there is a turnaround this season it looks likes they are still looking for that with the Sabres and that can take some time since you need to give those hires some time to see if they develop. 

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Not sure how we can compare Ralph a football owner to Terry a Hockey owner. 

better poll would have been 

Terry Pegula Sabres Owner or Terry Pegula Bills owner (yep two different styles from same person) 

It’s the same thing as James Dolan as NY Ranger owner vs James Dolan as NY Knicks owner. 

Jim knows nothing about hockey so he hires the best qualified candidate to run the team. Jim thinks he knows basketball so he hires people he’s comfortable with to run the team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Without Ralph Wilson we wouldn't have a team for Terry Pegula to buy.

Without Pete Rozelle, Ralph wouldn’t own the Bills. Who cares!? That’s not what I’m asking

22 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

It’s the same thing as James Dolan as NY Ranger owner vs James Dolan as NY Knicks owner. 

Jim knows nothing about hockey so he hires the best qualified candidate to run the team. Jim thinks he knows basketball so he hires people he’s comfortable with to run the team. 

That’s why I asked this question - Ralph was the same way with the Bills, as Terry is with the Sabres

11 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

That’s more because of his longevity and his role as an early NFL opener.  It’s not because of the good decisions he’s made.  He’s made a lot more BAD decisions than good  

I never said he was perfect but we can agree to disagree.. and he is in the NFL HoF for his contributions and success in the game

Part of the "foolish club" , won 2 AFL titles, The Bills won more games in the 90s than ANY AFC TEAM, more games than ANY TEAM not named San Francisco

4 straight AFC championships 

And a world class good guy

RIP Ralph 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Ralph was cheap, Terry has given the Sabres everything he can financially. They just suck 

Terry has been great for adding to his holdings, but what in particular with the teams has been big investments? They haven't exactly broken the bank on GMs or coaches. The jersey debacle for the Sabres is just embarrassing and points to an out of touch owner.

11 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

This is super deceiving - the three men you mentioned were paid through the salary cap.  Ralph HAD to spend that money and it was fully guaranteed and subsidized by the NFL TV’s contract.

Ralph WAS cheap when it came to coaches, GM’s and other front office hired.  His track record speaks for itself 

Clearly you don't have to spend that money. There is more than enough cap space left to prove your point is incorrect. All of the teams make money, but I don't see any reason to believe the Bills are spending more especially when they are under the cap and neither the coach or GM are near the top salary wise.

This shouldn't even be a hard decision for folks on this board. The Sabres are the worst they have ever been in franchise history since Pegula took over. There isn't even light at the end of the tunnel and need another rebuild just to look decent. The Bills with Ralph had long periods of success and even during the no playoff stretch there were still periods where they we close to being a playoff team.

Edited by Trogdor

Terry. Ralph's greatest claim is not moving the team, which isn't a whole lot.  And lucking out by hiring the right people for a change in Polian and Marv but he even screwed that up eventually.

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Clearly you don't have to spend that money. There is more than enough cap space left to prove your point is incorrect. All of the teams make money, but I don't see any reason to believe the Bills are spending more especially when they are under the cap and neither the coach or GM are near the top salary wise.

This shouldn't even be a hard decision for folks on this board. The Sabres are the worst they have ever been in franchise history since Pegula took over. There isn't even light at the end of the tunnel and need another rebuild just to look decent. The Bills with Ralph had long periods of success and even during the no playoff stretch there were still periods where they we close to being a playoff team.

Wrong.... you have to spend 89% of your salary cap.  It’s required.  So I guess that spending slightly over the salary cap floor is proof that Ralph wasn’t cheap, eh?  Solid logic.