First news of the offseason ATL not resigning Beasley (No surprise)

Reed83HOF

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Oh yeah, big hit. They’re just not exactly stuck with him no matter what.

Just looking at Minnesota - cutting Everson Griffen gets them to basically $0 in cap space and cutting Rhodes gets them to $8.1 under.  Look for Linval Joseph and Reily Reiff to join Griffen & Rhodes as cuts. They could be ripe for some trades as well to clean their cap up and infuse some young talent in

2 hours ago, ScotSHO said:

Interesting, will he be too expensive for ATL, or did their relationship sour?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Dkollidas said:

What’s he expected to cost per year? 
I wonder if the Bills could entertain bringing him in. He’s been playing linebacker the past couple years. If he could go back to having his hand in the dirt he might have more success? 

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he will be a second wave of FA guy and that might be where the Bills want to shop at EDGE? Not sure I immediately see him as a scheme fit but who knows? 

He has been extremely underwhelming. I'd rather pay to bring back Shaq.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Is it just me, or is it unusual to see a team come out and declare that like that?

It is, but it has been such a hot topic down here for the past two years that I'm not surprised the team just wants to get it out there and move on from the story.

• Like (+1) 1

I mean I’m thinking Beasley on a two year deal, maybe $6M aav, with about $5M guaranteed. He could be part of the rotation. Beasley, Shaq, Hughes and either Murphy, Johnson or a draft pick. I know we’d all like to see Clowney or Ngakoue, but those players might not want to come to Buffalo, let alone Buffalo being willing to pay what they want. 

13 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He has been extremely underwhelming. I'd rather pay to bring back Shaq.

I'd rather being back Shaq too. But even if the Bills do that they will add another edge guy in my opinion. I doubt it is Beasley because I don't see the scheme fit but if they bring back Shaq their other guy is likely a 2nd wave guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Is it just me, or is it unusual to see a team come out and declare that like that?

I think it is fairly unusual.  

I was looking for the % of time when a team picks up a guy's 5th year option but then parts ways.  I can't find it - anyone?

It seems to me I read that when a team picks up a player's 5th year option the majority of the time they plan to negotiate a contract and keep him.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOL did you see where someone followed up the Falcons tweet on the subject asking "source?" to which the guy running the Falcons twitter account responds "literally us - The Falcons"

Copied the blue Jays who did it a year ago

3 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

If you don't get a big fish; re-sign Shaq, who is better than Beasley

I bring back Shaq either way because I want to bring him back AND sign a top tier guy. This is Hughes's last year, and we have cash now with some good talent in FA.

You've probably seen me say it before, but:

Sign Ngakoue

Re-Sign Shaq

Draft DE early (first 3 rounds)

Git'r'dun

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So the Falcons picking up his 5th year option made Beasley the highest-paid 4-3 OLB last year.  Kind of strange that they would pick up his 5th year option and then part ways.

They were hoping he’d step up 

pass rushers are hard to come by 

52 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I bring back Shaq either way because I want to bring him back AND sign a top tier guy. This is Hughes's last year, and we have cash now with some good talent in FA.

You've probably seen me say it before, but:

Sign Ngakoue

Re-Sign Shaq

Draft DE early (first 3 rounds)

Git'r'dun

Pretty much the formula for DE and WR. Go get talent and when you think you have enough stack one more guy. 

we have the money and we have the need. It’s how we get to the next level

8 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Foles contract is horrendous and they are stuck for like 3 more seasons with it. I do wonder if they cut Campell to save $15 million and try to funnel it to Yannick (who btw seems ready to get the hell out of there), but they are kinda tight and don't have a great team....

Nobody's signing an extension there. They could tag him but he won't sign. Even if coughlin was to blame for all of the issues regarding player complaints, people don't forget.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

marcell-dareu-shat.thumb.jpg.7858be6be907796de8d0d527bdd36e7b.jpg

That's 'Captain' Dareus to you folks. 

Marcel has a future in competitive eating contests, so show the man a little respect!:doh:

If he’s cut I wouldn’t be surprised to see him end up in GB and reunite with Pettine. They need a run stuffing DT badly and he knows the scheme. He literally won’t have to learn the playbook which would be appealing to both Pettine and El Capitan. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1