TE Greg Olsen is done in Carolina. Would you bring him to Buffalo

MAJBobby

I would rather have Olsen on the roster as the Vet Mentor over Lee Smith or Kroft any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Let me Caveat I would still rather go get a Hooper or Henry over Olsen. But if he is willing to accept a team friendly deal I would be all over it. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

Yeah, I'd be all for dumping Kroft for Olsen.  Not sure how much Olsen has left in the tank.  Lee Smith is more of a blocker (that gets called for a lot of penalties) who is inexplicably sent on passing routes now and then.

No. He’s done and headed to do TV. He was on with cowherd today and he’s excellent. I don’t think he’s the type who is going to try to play longer on another team. Feels like he’s had one foot out the door (no pun intended) for a couple years.

btw - the next shoe to drop will be Cam when new league year starts. First keuchly, now Olsen, cam is next. Complete overhaul in Carolina. 

• Like (+1) 9

17 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I would rather have Olsen on the roster as the Vet Mentor over Lee Smith or Kroft any day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

as a Coach perhaps ?

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No. He’s done and headed to do TV. He was on with cowherd today and he’s excellent. I don’t think he’s the type who is going to try to play longer on another team. Feels like he’s had one foot out the door (no pun intended) for a couple years.

btw - the next shoe to drop will be Cam when new league year starts. First keuchly, now Olsen, cam is next. Complete overhaul in Carolina. 

Yep with Newton and what carolina is doing

23 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Yeah, I'd be all for dumping Kroft for Olsen.  Not sure how much Olsen has left in the tank.  Lee Smith is more of a blocker (that gets called for a lot of penalties) who is inexplicably sent on passing routes now and then.

It's not inexplicable. He's a TE. If you don't want him sent into routes then you should put another tackle on the field. You have to keep defenses honest.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MDH said:

It's not inexplicable. He's a TE. If you don't want him sent into routes then you should put another tackle on the fieldYou have to keep defenses honest.

Can't argue with that.  Lee Smith isn't a receiving TE, but rather a smaller tackle.  He offers little value as a receiving TE, so could be they move on from him.

45 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Do you think Cam is the sort who will actually retire?