New York (again)

6 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

I was told by the clerk at a liquor store that the NY law says they have to charge for the bags. That doesn't seem quite right. 

Never felt right drinking bottled liquor in a plastic bag. 

Nice to get back to how it use to be with paper bags. ?

5 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

You know the funny thing about this? If you look at the sticker, often times 'license plate cover" is listed as one of the standard features. So it's not just that they put their ad on your car, but sometimes you're even paying for it. :lol:

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I am not surprised to hear this at all. 

True story. I got a ticket from a Barney Fife because the dealer’s bracket blocked off half of the State’s Initials on my license plate. :angry:

41 minutes ago, Nanker said:

True story. I got a ticket from a Barney Fife because the dealer’s bracket blocked off half of the State’s Initials on my license plate. :angry:

I’ve wondered how people got away with bike racks blocking their license plate.  ***** spandex mafia!  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 6:04 PM, Nanker said:

That sounds like a trooper, not a local Fife.

1 hour ago, LB3 said:

What brand of gin? 

Aviation Gin.

Promised I'd try it, after Ryan Reynolds spoofed the Peloton commercial ('cause it was a really good spoof).  And it's actually very good.  Was discussing it at work, and someone said "Gin tastes like Christmas."  To which I replied "Yes, but Aviation Gin tastes like Christmas when your twelve years old and there's a dirt bike under the tree."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Aviation Gin.

Promised I'd try it, after Ryan Reynolds spoofed the Peloton commercial ('cause it was a really good spoof).  And it's actually very good.  Was discussing it at work, and someone said "Gin tastes like Christmas."  To which I replied "Yes, but Aviation Gin tastes like Christmas when your twelve years old and there's a dirt bike under the tree."

You’re

Welcome back. 

• 2 weeks later...

....as a NYS resident, his cover has been blown as woefully unprepared and inept...BUT, it's all Trump's/Fed's fault.......he spends money like a drunkin' sailor with a projected $6 BILLION deficit PRE COVID-19.....SIX trips to PR to emphasize with them because Trump screwed them out of hurricane relief, as if $92 BILLION wasn't enough ( checking politicians' pockets or explaining unmoved sup[plies in warehouses for 2 years, Big Fredo?).....how much money is he peeing away suing Trump for tax returns?........based on what appears to be a huge difference between Upstate NY and the NYC metro area relative to cases and control, would you as Governor draw an arbitrary "line of demarcation" relative to current restrictions in place? .....I am not saying a complete "back to business as normal" for Upstate NY, but somewhat relaxation of the more extreme restrictions....I would think a PARTIAL functioning NYS economy with again, appropriate restrictions would be beneficial versus the current statewide stranglehold precipitated by NYC and their population density...Upstate is terribly paying the price for his ineptitude in NYC prepardness.....don't you think a pro-active, forward thinker would make sure NYC with a "on top of" population of 7-8 MILLION is essentially prepared as well as having a contingency plan (ie. stockpiles) for a catastrophic event?......yet he is being touted as presidential candidate material...GRADE F for ANY type of preparedness...GRADE A+ for pointing the finger and blaming anyone but himself.......go figure.....

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1