Brady Free Agency speculation: Down to Bucs and... Chargers? Miami?

YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Interesting.    That's a really good prep school.

But Brady playing in Moonshine Junction?     smh...

If Brady wants to show he can lead another team to a SB without Belicheck before he hangs up his cleats, wouldn't the Thumbtacks be about his best spot?

They went to the conference championship game this past season.  They have a good defense - #12 on points.  They have a solid OL.   They have a top run game.  They have a top young WR in AJ Brown and a fine young TE in Jonnu Smith.   Tannehill had a solid year for them, but when it came to the playoffs he didn't have enough to "Get 'Er Done"

And...they've got $50M in cap space to sign a QB and otherwise get better

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If Brady wants to show he can lead another team to a SB without Belicheck before he hangs up his cleats, wouldn't the Thumbtacks be about his best spot?

They have a good defense - #12 on points.  They have a solid OL.   They have a top run game.  They have a top young WR in AJ Brown and a fine young TE in Jonnu Smith.

Tannehill had a solid year for them, but when it came to the playoffs he didn't have enough to "Get 'Er Done"

Yes.   I agree, the Titans make sense as a landing spot.     

I just have a hard time envisioning the GOAT in that pasture.    Just seems whack.     They don't even fill their stadium, as we saw with all the Bills fans at our game this year...

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But wasn't he seen in Vegas buying property?

This is going to take on the dimensons of "Where's Waldo?"

I think the buying and selling of property is less of an indication of where he might play than looking at schools. He’s rich enough to have homes wherever he wants. He bought one in Greenwich, CT too but he won’t be playing for the Jets or giants. 

• Like (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, wppete said:

Titans have a QB. 

Who is that?

Tanney's a FA

So is Mariota

Now Tannehill did a very good job for the Titans, and they could for sure go farther and fare worse than to offer him a contract.  But is he going to want top starter $$ with a lot of guarantees? 

I always thought he took unfair criticism around here, but I'm not sure he's a top-10 QB and he's probably going to look to be paid like one.

Aside: I am so amused by the fact that the Dolphins discarded QB got 1 game away from the Superbowl with his new team.

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Yes.   I agree, the Titans make sense as a landing spot.     

I just have a hard time envisioning the GOAT in that pasture.    Just seems whack.     They don't even fill their stadium, as we saw with all the Bills fans at our game this year...

Maybe they figure the GOAT will bring in the (cash) cows

Listen, I think Tannehill did enough for them that the Titans should try to re-sign him.  I think they're better off trying to build something that will last with a 31 yr old guy than with the Embers of Tom Brady.   But other teams have used that pathway to temporary success....

30 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They went to the conference championship game this past season.  They have a good defense - #12 on points.  They have a solid OL.   They have a top run game.  They have a top young WR in AJ Brown and a fine young TE in Jonnu Smith.   Tannehill had a solid year for them, but when it came to the playoffs he didn't have enough to "Get 'Er Done"

Don’t forget Delanie Walker hanging out on IR ready for next season too. Titans have some decent players for sure 

Rumors today out of NE, Steven Ross is selling team to Business man out of NY, he has already been pre-approved by league.  He has Brady conections with Tom and wife.   Will take control of team when Ross is ready to sell.  Brady will Qb Dolphin, groom under Qb, will be given some portion of Dolphins owership when he retires.

Rumors today out of NE, Steven Ross is selling team to Business man out of NY, he has already been pre-approved by league.  He has Brady conections with Tom and wife.   Will take control of team when Ross is ready to sell.  Brady will Qb Dolphin, groom under Qb, will be given some portion of Dolphins owership when he retires.

https://nesn.com/2020/01/tom-brady-to-dolphins-this-ownership-report-or-speculation-makes-you-think/

49 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This makes a lot of sense, Hap.  If his kid ends up in school there, more incentive for Giselle to tolerate a year or two away from the bright lights, especially if she doesn't live there full time.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Interesting.    That's a really good prep school.

But Brady playing in Moonshine Junction?     smh...

...would he consider being the next Montana, Emmitt Smith et al ala, "I still have it and can play at a high level elsewhere"?...sad.....SMH.........