Jump to content
Mike in Horseheads

New Orleans Saints in Court

Recommended Posts

The Associated Press

@AP

· 20m

EXCLUSIVE: The New Orleans @Saints are going to court to keep secret hundreds of emails that allegedly show team executives doing public relations damage control for the area's Roman Catholic archdiocese amid its sexual abuse crisis. http://apne.ws/RgJ1kik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saints and sinners.

 

Go figure...

  • Haha (+1) 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geez.  Goodell seems like a d-bag, but gotta feel for him sometimes.  Kraft and Asian massage parlors, Patriots and incessant cheating, always something with Jerrah, now the Saints providing advice from their NFL email accounts to help pedophiles...Goodell must wake up every morning thinking what SH!??t is gonna drop today.  

 

Where have you gone Art Rooney?

Edited by BuffaloRebound
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was the Church asking the Saints how to cover up a story? If so, I  don’t think the Saints would be the team I would seek advice from. They should of reached out to the Pats for that!!

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Whoa

 

 

Knowing what I know about that organization, there will be no scapegoat. They aren’t just going to throw Bensel or somebody under the bus. That senior leadership team was literally the pallbearers at Tom Benson’s funeral. It is not like any organization that I have ever seen. The Bills have people like Dave Wheat in power but he isn’t treated as if his name was Pegula. That’s how that Saints front office operates. The leadership team functionally all have immunity. That’s part of what makes this interesting to me. I’ll be really surprised if they throw someone under the bus to try to make this story go away.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yikes.  As a proud Catholic myself, we need to separate this stuff.  IMO, religion should be a private matter.  Be proud of what you are but it should be an inward thing.  Plus the most religious people I know are the biggest hypocrites on the planet. 

  • Like (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Was the Church asking the Saints how to cover up a story? If so I don’t think the Saints would be the team I would seek addictive from. They should of reached out to the Pats for that!!

lol... that’s a very good point.

 

And, why would the Saints even want to get remotely involved in this?  (besides their team name... womp wompppp)

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

The Associated Press

@AP

· 20m

EXCLUSIVE: The New Orleans @Saints are going to court to keep secret hundreds of emails that allegedly show team executives doing public relations damage control for the area's Roman Catholic archdiocese amid its sexual abuse crisis. http://apne.ws/RgJ1kik

 

What?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, at what point does Goodell show up to one of these owners meetings and say “I don’t care if you pay me $100m per year I’m done taking the heat for you inbred billionaire morons.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

Didn’t Brees align with some Pro Life org too this year?

 

I mean, the man has a right to his own personal values and political opinions, as long as it's not so-called "Operation Rescue" or other anti-abortion terrorist groups

My mother's dog was once poisoned, we believe by Buffalo anti-abortionist extremists (sorry can't call them pro-life when they murder people and kill living things)

 

Anyway Brees aligning with a group that supports his values vs. advising the Catholic church how to cover up a sex abuse scandal, not even same neighborhood

 

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

Seriously, at what point does Goodell show up to one of these owners meetings and say “I don’t care if you pay me $100m per year I’m done taking the heat for you inbred billionaire morons.”

 

Never.  His bread too buttered.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Priests who abuse children aren’t men of god. They are child abusers, pedophiles, rapists, criminals.

 

Those who help cover it up are complicit in the crime. 
 

That is all. 

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks! (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Your honor, please allow us to cover up the emails that show us helping to cover up the child abuse committed by that ring of pedophiles....”

 

Yeah, good luck with that argument.  Unbelievable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my good gracious no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably checking with the Saints to see how Williams ran the ‘bounty’ program.


“So...how did your organization’s ‘bounty’ program work?  If we send some people to an accuser’s home, we pay those people to ‘rough up’ the alleged victim?”

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

I mean, the man has a right to his own personal values and political opinions, as long as it's not so-called "Operation Rescue" or other anti-abortion terrorist groups

My mother's dog was once poisoned, we believe by Buffalo anti-abortionist extremists (sorry can't call them pro-life when they murder people and kill living things)

 

Anyway Brees aligning with a group that supports his values vs. advising the Catholic church how to cover up a sex abuse scandal, not even same neighborhood

 

 

Never.  His bread too buttered.

Wasn’t equating the situations, just pointing out that it’s a pattern with this team to be caught up in scandals due to their association with religious outfits.

 

Sorry about your mom’s dog.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Seriously, at what point does Goodell show up to one of these owners meetings and say “I don’t care if you pay me $100m per year I’m done taking the heat for you inbred billionaire morons.”

Compensation between $40&$50M a year now.  Plus incredible perks.  Where do I sign up for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...