The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I went on the CDC website this morning and found their charts on the progression of the virus. They include a day by day tally of US reported cases. All through January and February there were virtually no reported cases anywhere in America. February 28th shows a grand total of 16 cases! The narrative that the Federal Government was slow to react is simply FAKE NEWS. 

....how is it possible to even know the depth and extent of exposure to 330 million people with thousands of incoming people daily from Europe, China and Asia instantaneously early on?....special thanks to China and WHO being the biggest frauds on the planet......look at the reaction time of the Federal bureaucracy/FEMA preparing for a KNOWN, incoming hurricane......and they should be BETTER prepared for an invisible enemy?......no way in hell the current TDS could have possibly exacerbated the blame game, right?....um...er...oh...uh....well....okay..............

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

1. They criticized Trump for not listening to the doctors and the scientists. Of course, they don't bother to accuse every other leader of not listening to the doctors and scientists when their responses, pretty much outside of South Korea and Germany, seems to be much worse than Trump's. And then people like Fauci and Birx say he has listened to them every step of the way, and they all relied on the WHO, which is supposed to be the world's voice for the medical and science communities.

2. They criticized Trump for ignoring intelligence information. Of course, they don't bother to explain how every government around the world, including countries with some pretty good intelligence agencies, must have ignored theirs as well, or didn't bother to share it. Then we find out that intelligence information being peddled by the media never actually existed.

3. They criticized Trump for firing the entire Pandemic Response Team. Of course, they fail to demonstrate for us how pandemic response teams and experts around the world led their countries to better responses to the virus than seen here. Then we find out that Trump didn't actually fire the team. The team was disbanded but some of the members were subsumed under a broader directorate, where their expertise could be comingled with the expertise of others in related areas of arms control and nonproliferation, weapons of mass destruction terrorism, and global health and biodefense.

4. They criticized Trump for ignoring warnings of a pandemic of this nature and not restocking a bare cupboard of PPE and medical equipment / supplies. Of course, they don't bother to explain how or why previous administrations, those politicians at the state levels, and governments all around the world somehow ignored those warnings and left all their cupbords bare.

The list goes on and on. They will tell us that they mention some of these other things in their posts, and they do from time to time. However, their obsessive vitriol is always aimed at Trump.

They cling to the idea that Trump should have seen what was coming when nobody else did...

....And they barely give China a passing interest.....

Yes, trump has been perfect from the beginning.  Ignore anything he actually says, it's just he way his brain works...

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TPS said:

Yes, trump has been perfect from the beginning.  Ignore anything he actually says, it's just he way his brain works...

There's no "perfection" here.  Hillary would have been in the same boat, if not worse, because she would have waited to shut down travel for fear of looking "racist."

59 minutes ago, GG said:

Boris Johnson out of the hospital, but wont yet return to work.   Will be interesting to hear the treatments.

They probably won't.  They'll just say it was the excellent care of the NHS.

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, TPS said:

Yes, and I'll say it again, the comparison should be made at similar stages or in a few months when we're through the worst.   I don't think anyone has ever compared us to Italy on this site though, so I"m not sure what you're point is?  For countries with a significant number of cases, we'll probably end up in the middle.  

It’s not just Italy.   For Northern Hemisphere countries I believe the US will fall in the top 25% of countries in the deaths per million and the mortality rates will be in the top 15%.

When you consider that more travel comes through the US than any of these countries and the logistical issues with the size of the country that would make it even more impressive.

Your issue seems to always come back to Trumps words and the early hiccups in the testing.  It’s established and documented that the system that was in place was not designed for this sort of pandemic.    It’s been established that Chinas coverup, WHO’s failures and the lack of transparency from China in regards to their true infection and mortalities influences the US’s approach to this early on.    This is undeniable

And also, I find it amusing that you are able to get inside the heads of Dr Fauci and Dr Birx and know what they are thinking.  So when it fits your narrative we should believe what they say but when they don’t it’s to cover up for the Trump administration?

That doesn’t cut it.

My general philosophy in most things is the relativity approach.   Measure success and failure based off of your peers.

Its been established that all the governors were informed by Trumps task force of the potential threats and hardly any of them took action.

And when you judge it on a relative basis vs Europe, the US’s response and results are much better than the means.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

...speedy recovery Boris........:thumbsup:

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson released from hospital amid coronavirus fight

U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson was released Sunday from a London hospital where he has battled coronavirus for nearly a week, according to officials.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/uk-prime-minister-boris-johnson-released-from-hospital-amid-coronavirus-fight

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, TPS said:

Such intellectually weak fall back positions: We all think Trump is infallible and we ignore the things he says.

1) I would venture to say rare is the person defending Trump that believes he is perfect. I will speak for myself.  I have never liked Trump, long before he ran for President and I didn't even vote for him in 2016. You can bet I will vote for him this year.

2) If you understand anything about human behavior, you should recognize that, if you truly want to understand someone, observe what they DO, not what they SAY.

But, hey, go on reconciling in your mind how in one moment he is a moron who can barely put a coherent sentence together and, in the next moment, accuse him of essentially being so much smarter than anyone else in the world that he should have seen what was coming.....

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

It’s not just Italy.   For Northern Hemisphere countries I believe the US will fall in the top 25% of countries in the deaths per million and the mortality rates will be in the top 15%.

When you consider that more travel comes through the US than any of these countries and the logistical issues with the size of the country that would make it even more impressive.

Your issue seems to always come back to Trumps words and the early hiccups in the testing.  It’s established and documented that the system that was in place was not designed for this sort of pandemic.    It’s been established that Chinas coverup, WHO’s failures and the lack of transparency from China in regards to their true infection and mortalities influences the US’s approach to this early on.    This is undeniable

And also, I find it amusing that you are able to get inside the heads of Dr Fauci and Dr Birx and know what they are thinking.  So when it fits your narrative we should believe what they say but when they don’t it’s to cover up for the Trump administration?

That doesn’t cut it.

My general philosophy in most things is the relativity approach.   Measure success and failure based off of your peers.

Its been established that all the governors were informed by Trumps task force of the potential threats and hardly any of them took action.

And when you judge it on a relative basis vs Europe, the US’s response and results are much better than the means.

I guess we'll have to wait for the tell-all book from Fauci +/- Birx.

• Haha (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, TPS said:

...a quick review of CDC FACTS regarding the 2018-2019 US flu season....

Cases: 45 MILLION

Hospitalizations: 810,000

Deaths: 61,000

so where the hell was Trump THEN?......we'll patiently await your non-political, unbiased, TDS exclusionary dissertation ........hell we'll have a Covid-19 vaccine LONG BEFORE your gibberish....SMH...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Such intellectually weak fall back positions: We all think Trump is infallible and we ignore the things he says.

1) I would venture to say rare is the person defending Trump that believes he is perfect. I will speak for myself.  I have never liked Trump, long before he ran for President and I didn't even vote for him in 2016. You can bet I will vote for him this year.

2) If you understand anything about human behavior, you should recognize that, if you truly want to understand someone, observe what they DO, not what they SAY.

But, hey, go on reconciling in your mind how in one moment he is a moron who can barely put a coherent sentence together and, in the next moment, accuse him of essentially being so much smarter than anyone else in the world that he should have seen what was coming.....

I like Trump, I certainly don’t think him infallible and 4 days out of 7, I wish he handled things more tactfully, with less bravado and and sticking to the script.  I didn’t care for Obama as President, I thought 6 days out of 7 he was a horrible President, but 7 days out of 7 he was good on the script.  Finally, I think 7 days out of 7 politics is nasty &$#@ing business, the people who swim in those waters are often vile and despicable human beings, and in the end, it’s all about power. That pre-dated Trump. 

The pandemic response is what it is, mistakes were made, Trump made mistakes as did just about every other leader in any position anywhere.  If you believe it’s all on Trump, then Faucci, Biden, Pelosi and Schumer et al erred in not demanding time on CNN to tell the world the ONLY way to save us all was to shut everything down ASAP.  They would have willingly provided the air time. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, GG said:

Boris Johnson out of the hospital, but wont yet return to work.   Will be interesting to hear the treatments.

That’s no surprise. Celebs and politicians have a zero percent mortality rate. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Doc said:

There's no "perfection" here.  Hillary would have been in the same boat, if not worse, because she would have waited to shut down travel for fear of looking "racist."

They probably won't.  They'll just say it was the excellent care of the NHS.

Agreed.  But Hillary wouldn't have waited because of fear of being called a racist (everybody knows D's can't be racist by definition :rolleyes: ).  She'd have waited because it would have cut off essentially a personal money spigot of hers when the Chinese would have been threatening behind the scenes to stop funding Clinton Foundation initiatives.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Agreed.  But Hillary wouldn't have waited because of fear of being called a racist (everybody knows D's can't be racist by definition :rolleyes: ).  She'd have waited because it would have cut off essentially a personal money spigot of hers when the Chinese would have been threatening behind the scenes to stop funding Clinton Foundation initiatives.

Even worse, she probably would have actually believed banning travel from China was racist. Just another reason why whackjob Dems cannot be trusted with power. 

• Like (+1) 1

Here's another promising treatment for COVID-19 that used injected ozone into the bloodstream to combat the virus.  Airborne ozone is deadly to the virus, however it's also harmful for humans to breath.  Infused into liquids, such as water it's not harmful.

https://www.ptcommunity.com/wire/texas-right-know-calls-us-consider-covid-19-ozone-therapy-after-it-shows-promise-italy

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

If you seen this guy walking down the street would you recognize him? I’m referring to A-listers. 

I have a bone to pick with Tom Hanks. He was on SNL last night and instead of trying to help people by telling them how to beat the virus he joked about putting a suit on. 

11 minutes ago, Justice said:

That’s no surprise. Celebs and politicians have a zero percent mortality rate. 

I think that the senior Iranian leadership will disagree with you.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GG said:

I think that the senior Iranian leadership will disagree with you.

Forgot about them. 

Didn’t these guys die in the earlier phase of the outbreak? Way before we knew anything about it?

Happy Easter to all of you BTW

Edited by Justice
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, TPS said:

Yes, and I'll say it again, the comparison should be made at similar stages or in a few months when we're through the worst.   I don't think anyone has ever compared us to Italy on this site though, so I"m not sure what you're point is?  For countries with a significant number of cases, we'll probably end up in the middle.  

Again, this is easy to say in retrospect.  But as of February, the progression of the virus was slower and less lethal than previous China-borne pandemics or MERS.   I’m sure that in those cases, there were many people inside the administration who were warning about an all out crisis if the pandemic truly crossed the ocean.  There are always these kinds of analyses and reports about the possible outcomes.  But, it never happened.  

Therefore with the varying opinions in Trump’s administration, the response was based on recent case histories, not on the worst case outcome.  You also should know that nobody puts a plan in place based on a worst-case scenario, until there’s a pretty high probability that the worst case is about to hit. 

That’s why there was no urgency from ANYBODY in government at any level or health officials at any level to start taking more critical measures in January and February, until Italy blew up.  That’s why everything came to such an abrupt halt on March 12.  The oh ***** moment came.

It’s fair to say that Trump’s administration didn’t count on the worst case scenario.  But, nobody else did either.

8 minutes ago, Justice said:

Forgot about them. 

Didn’t these guys die in the earlier phase of the outbreak? Way before we knew anything about it?

Happy Easter to all of you BTW

What they knew and when they knew will be an interesting debate for a while when this nightmare is over.

• Like (+1) 4